[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl

Homer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelers are looking VERY tough, and with Skippy winning USDA I can only see good things continuing for him as he apparently has built up a lot of good karma, so I see the Steelers winning out over the Falcons.. why the Falcons... because does it really matter who the NFC sends this year, the AFC Championship game will be the real Superbowl this year.

Pittsburgh, Indianapolis and San Diego are all playing some darn good ball right now. Indy had been looking real strong (with an improved defense) until this week when SD should have beaten them ... yet they found a way to win at home. Pittsburgh has won many close games but handed it to Baltimore this last weekend. I guess I shouldn't discount New England either despite the egg they laid in Miami 2 weeks ago.

Four very solid teams.

Buffalo is playing very well right now too ... and could be the best team NOT to make the playoffs.

Having to pick ONE of those teams is pretty hard to do ... my first thought was to give Pittsburgh the edge because of their home field advantage, but they haven't really faced a high powered offense like SD or IND this year ... with the possible exception of their win against Philly and maybe even New England. If Big Ben is out then so is PIT .. if they lose Bettis as well as Staley they are done as well. One of those teams is going to have to go to Pittsburgh and beat them in their house to advance.

It's likely that SD will have to go to PIT (as the lower seed) and Indy will have to go into NE (yes I am assuming that Indy and SD win their first games against the wildcards, whoever they are). I believe SD can beat PIT ... and the Indy - NE game is a tough one to call.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say SD goes to the SB.

NFC is much tougher to figure out. Philly losing Owens is HUGH, even having Westbrook ... but I like the way Carolina is playing right now.

SD-CAR, SD wins

Edited by Grits and Shins

Pittsburgh, Indianapolis and San Diego are all playing some darn good ball right now.  Indy had been looking real strong (with an improved defense) until this week when SD should have beaten them ... yet they found a way to win at home.  Pittsburgh has won many close games but handed it to Baltimore this last weekend.  I guess I shouldn't discount New England either despite the egg they laid in Miami 2 weeks ago.

Four very solid teams.

Buffalo is playing very well right now too ... and could be the best team NOT to make the playoffs.

Having to pick ONE of those teams is pretty hard to do ... my first thought was to give Pittsburgh the edge because of their home field advantage, but they haven't really faced a high powered offense like SD or IND this year ... with the possible exception of their win against Philly and maybe even New England.  If Big Ben is out then so is PIT .. if they lose Bettis as well as Staley they are done as well.  One of those teams is going to have to go to Pittsburgh and beat them in their house to advance.

It's likely that SD will have to go to PIT (as the lower seed) and Indy will have to go into NE (yes I am assuming that Indy and SD win their first games against the wildcards, whoever they are).  I believe SD can beat PIT ... and the Indy - NE game is a tough one to call.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say SD goes to the SB.

NFC is much tougher to figure out.  Philly losing Owens is HUGH, even having Westbrook ... but I like the way Carolina is playing right now.

SD-CAR, SD wins

634080[/snapback]

Grits, after watching SD play Indy this week I wouldn't bet against them beating anybody. They are a tough team despite letting one get away in Indy.

But if you think that SD can beat Pitt, do you think Indy can beat NE? If so the AFC Championship game will come back to Indy and that would make for one heck of a rematch.

Edited by Jrick35

Having to pick ONE of those teams is pretty hard to do ... my first thought was to give Pittsburgh the edge because of their home field advantage, but they haven't really faced a high powered offense like SD or IND this year ... with the possible exception of their win against Philly and maybe even New England.  If Big Ben is out then so is PIT .. if they lose Bettis as well as Staley they are done as well.  One of those teams is going to have to go to Pittsburgh and beat them in their house to advance.

634080[/snapback]

Ben is going to have until Jan 15 or 16 to nurse the sore ribs. As for the speculation about losing the Bus, t's just that - speculation. SD could lose LT or the Colts lose James. Besides, Haynes and Parker are not bad backs.

True, the Steelers D has not faced the high-powered offenses of SD or IND yet, but those teams' offenses have yet to face the league's #1 D. Neither team will run the ball well against the Steelers, and Brees and/or Manning are gonna face some serious pressure. I certainly don't think it will be easy, but I like the Steelers chances of making it to the big show.

I agree the NFC is weak and Pitt ,N.E , and Colts looklike world beaters but remember last year the Pats were favored big and everyone thought the Panthers were gonna get steamrolled and it ended up being a great game.Dont annoint the AFC yet.Thats why they play the games.Id have to say though that Pitt has an old school formula that I think is the reason they may take it.Great D,awesome running game,Solid qb and WRs and top notch coach.It pains me to say that as a Cowboy fan but its the truth.

Last week you predicted that the Pats would be one and out. What happened? :D

634193[/snapback]

I agree, I thought after Miami meltdown, NE would not win another game this year. But did you see how NE demolished the Jets in their backyard? I was shock, how can a team lose to Miami then pull a 180? I'm think I back on the NE bandwagon.

Ugly :D Tuna

Just a refresher:

Last week:

I don't dodge any loses but its official, New England will lose thier remainder games and lose the first playoff game and out in the playoffs....

623372[/snapback]

Today:

I predict

Pats 32 Panthers 29 in a Super Bowl Rematch

634186[/snapback]

Pretty blatant turnaround in 7 days. :D

What happens if they lose this week? Which bandwagon will you be jumping on? B)

FWIW, I agree with your 1 and out philosophy, but I guess if you constantly change your opinion you're bound to be right about something. :D

Good stuff UT. :D

I said the Vikings pre-season and I'm going to stick with it. Despite all their mistakes, a crappy D and a head coach that makes a block of concrete look clever, I just have a feeling they're going to make it.... :D

Mind you, they still have to get to the playoffs so mine could be the first prediction to fall by the wayside. :D