[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was R. Moss being a selfish jerk again?

Wolverines Fan

The Bears/Packers game had just ended (mercifully for the Bears) and Fox switched us to Washington and Minnesota. I had the sound down because I was doing something else. I have a question about something I saw.

With :02 on the clock and the Redskins winning 21-18, they showed Randy Moss walking off the field as he team was going to attempt an onside kick. Was Moss hurt? Or was he being a jerk and walking off the field and leaving his teammates behind? It did look like that, but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

What was going on? Why wasn't he in with the good hands bunch?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

2 seconds left...and you have to kick the onside kick, recover it and then run a play. Kind of ridiculous to think it would happen. Even the announcers were saying the game is over, it's impossible for anyone to think they can pull this off. LOL...even after one of them said that...then 10 seconds later he's saying, "what if they recover this onside kick?" when he sees Randy walking off the field. Pretty much a reach on you and him trying to find a way to blame Moss at this point.

2 seconds left...and you have to kick the onside kick, recover it and then run a play. Kind of ridiculous to think it would happen. Even the announcers were saying the game is over, it's impossible for anyone to think they can pull this off. LOL...even after one of them said that...then 10 seconds later he's saying, "what if they recover this onside kick?" when he sees  Randy walking off the field. Pretty much a reach on you and him trying to find a way to blame Moss at this point.

639741[/snapback]

:D Team, Job

2 seconds left...and you have to kick the onside kick, recover it and then run a play. Kind of ridiculous to think it would happen. Even the announcers were saying the game is over, it's impossible for anyone to think they can pull this off. LOL...even after one of them said that...then 10 seconds later he's saying, "what if they recover this onside kick?" when he sees  Randy walking off the field. Pretty much a reach on you and him trying to find a way to blame Moss at this point.

639741[/snapback]

Good point. :D

Even if there was little chance, you don't leave your teammates to get to the locker room early.

639755[/snapback]

Amen. Moss is a great talent, but a toad. He's a fair-weather teammate and that's worse than being a fair-weather fan ...

Still, you don't see guys just leave the sideline before a game is over, unless they are injured.  Even if it's unlikely, let's say they recover and there is a penalty, they would still get another play.

639752[/snapback]

Even if there was little chance, you don't leave your teammates to get to the locker room early.

639755[/snapback]

Yep on both counts. Sure it would have taken a miracle for the Vikes to pull it off, but Randy would have been the most talented guy on the field at that point, if you're hoping for that miracle he's your best shot...no reason I can think of why he couldn't gut out the remaining 2 seconds.

I have actually been trying to like Moss for the last 2 years.

It seems like he's trying to make his image a little more fan friendly.

But you NEVER leave the field while others are still playing.

(Unless you're hurt or booted).

Even if you don't go in (which he should have), at least stand on the sideline and look disgusted!

Isn't it the norm, that after all games are over the players from both teams come out on the field to congratulate each other?

It's called sportsmanship, isn't it? :D

Guess Randy doesn't know about sportsmanship.

Kinda surprising Randy's not aware of this, as all the games I attend from Pee Wee on up, all have this after game sportsmanship ritual.

Or maybe it's not really so surprising that Randy doesn't know about sportsmanship. :D

I have actually been trying to like Moss for the last 2 years.

It seems like he's trying to make his image a little more fan friendly.

But you NEVER leave the field while others are still playing.

(Unless you're hurt or booted).

Even if you don't go in (which he should have), at least stand on the sideline and look disgusted!

640173[/snapback]

He seemed more mature this year blocking and congratulating teammates when they scored, but in tough times you always revert to your true self. Looks like his changes didn't go very deep.

Green Bay is next. They play sunday afternoon.

639741[/snapback]

It's just people wanting to put down the best WR in the game.

A side note on this. When the Vikings scored that last TD I swear the announcers said there were 2 seconds left on the clock. They run a play for the two-point conversion and afterwards the clock still shows 2 seconds left. Was there time put back on the clock that I missed or do they not start the clock for the extra point tries?

A side note on this.  When the Vikings scored that last TD I swear the announcers said there were 2 seconds left on the clock.  They run a play for the two-point conversion and afterwards the clock still shows 2 seconds left.  Was there time put back on the clock that I missed or do they not start the clock for the extra point tries?

640227[/snapback]

No time runs off for extra points.

The game was over, they were out of the playoffs, and Moss was upset.

What's the problem? :D

640194[/snapback]

So you're saying it's OK for Moss to pout like a little girl? :bawling:

I'm sure glad that virtually all other NFL players don't have the poor sportsmanship attitude as exhibited by Mr. Randy Moss.

My .02 anyway.