[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ty Law's Replacement

CaptainHook

didnt he use to return kicks for the Steelers?

649048[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. I remember him with the Steelers. Lord knows there are enough of their fans around here :D. Come on, I'm sure a few of you were Pittsburgh fans before this year :D. What's the scoop on Poteat?

Edited by CaptainHook

I thought the same thing.  I remember him with the Steelers.  Lord knows there are enough of their fans around here :D. Come on, I'm sure a few of you were Pittsburgh fans before this year :D  What's the scoop on Poteat?

649052[/snapback]

Uh oh....the Colt faithful are in trouble. Poteat is an interception machine; not to mention he forces a lot of fumbles after the wideouts make a catch. I'm surprised he is out there. Manning maybe in trouble...... :D

OK, just kidding! I hope that isn't as bad as posting a thread title like "Manning out for the playoffs" or any such thing?! B)

ahaha ok here it is from Patriots.com

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots signed free agent cornerback Hank Poteat to the active roster today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. The signing brings the Patriots roster back to the NFL’s 53-man limit in advance of their AFC divisional playoff game against Indianapolis this Sunday.

Poteat, 27, is a veteran of three full NFL seasons and has played in 42 career games since being drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the third round (77th overall) of the 2000 NFL Draft. Poteat has appeared in two career playoff games and earned the only starting assignment of his career while playing for the Steelers in a 2002 AFC wild card game. The 5-foot-10-inch, 192-pounder has recorded 76 career punt returns for 788 yards and a touchdown, 45 kickoff returns for 818 yards, 25 special teams tackles and 11 tackles in defensive play. Poteat played in 41 games for the Steelers from 2000-02 and tied for fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL with a 13.0-yard punt return average as a rookie in 2000. In a game against Washington on Dec. 16 of that season, the University of Pittsburgh product returned a punt 53 yards for a touchdown, recording the longest punt return for a touchdown by a Steelers player in the history of Three Rivers Stadium. Poteat was waived by the Steelers in the final roster cutdown prior to the 2003 season and signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. After playing in one game for Tampa Bay, he was released on Nov. 12, 2003 and then signed with the Carolina Panthers as a free agent prior to the 2004 season. He played in Carolina’s first two preseason games before he was released on Aug. 24, 2004.

ESPN's Bottom Line said the Patriots have signed CB Hank Poteat.  Bill said he would sign a DB today in his press conference.  Anybody know anything about this guy?

649034[/snapback]

He was pretty decent in Madden 2004 as a kick returner but, totally blows in Madden 2005 all around. :D

ESPN's Bottom Line said the Patriots have signed CB Hank Poteat.  Bill said he would sign a DB today in his press conference.  Anybody know anything about this guy?

649034[/snapback]

He probably won't be calling the Colts WRs "soft" before the game.

O.k. Hank Poteat is a Cornerback out of the University of Pittsburgh. He was a late round draft pick roughly 4 or 5 years ago (I'm guessing). He showed some early promise as a return guy on special teams, but in the few chances he got as a Corner (almost entirely in pre-season), he showed that he had no business playing the position at an NFL level. He does have good speed, but he is undersized and in my opinion, will be no help to the Pats, except on Special Teams.

Here's a scenario to watch in the off-season...

Ty Law said some things that are not considered 'team oriented' in the off season last year. He wanted to get traded. He wanted to get released. We wanted all kinds of things that the Pats were just not prepared to do.

This season he shows his age by having a season ending injury in week 8. He can't come back, and is placed on IR prior to the playoffs.

This off season he will probably be asked to restructure, and if he does not he will be cut. And he won't get a fat contract elswhere coming off an 8 week, injury riddled season. And I think he knows it.

Here's a scenario to watch in the off-season...

Ty Law said some things that are not considered 'team oriented' in the off season last year.  He wanted to get traded.  He wanted to get released.  We wanted all kinds of things that the Pats were just not prepared to do.

This season he shows his age by having a season ending injury in week 8.  He can't come back, and is placed on IR prior to the playoffs.

This off season he will probably be asked to restructure, and if he does not he will be cut.  And he won't get a fat contract elswhere coming off an 8 week, injury riddled season.  And I think he knows it.

649517[/snapback]

Thinking about the offseason already. The Pats fans know the inevitable is coming, probably this week, but, if not, definitely next week.... :D:D

I'm thinking this move might be an indication that Troy Brown will play solely on offense as Brady will need all the WR's he can get. I think BB's game plan might just be offense, to try to outscore the Colts since it's going to be way too difficult to stop Manning and Co.