[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Concession Speech

Menudo

O.K. Here it is. First off, congratulations to the Patriots and their fans. This team is unbelievable. No excuses, they beat the Steelers in every phase. They didn't make any mistakes, and they are Champions, and yes, they ARE a dynasty. That first half was just devastating as a Steeler fan. It was my worst nightmare. However, I must say, I was proud that the Steelers didn't quit in the 2nd half. They came out to play and made things at least somewhat interesting for a while. As for Ben Roethlisberger, what he did this year was beyond my imagination. He will be back. However, there is a reason no rookie QB has ever made the Super Bowl. It is tough. Tom Brady, is the ultimate Pro QB. He is tremendous. Ben can look no further than him as to what he wants to become. Once again, congrats to the Pats, and their fans. You guys are true Champions and I'll be shocked if you don't take your thirds championship in two weeks.

2nd, congrats to the Philadelphia Eagles and their fans, it has been a long road for them and I was happy to see them finally reach their goal. I don't like their chances next week, as the Pats are awesome, but they will provide a formidable challenge.

As for the Huddle, I've been around a long time, but was just a moderate poster. I used to make fun of those he seemed addicted to this place with the amount of their posts, but I must admit that I became addicted to this place during this Steeler run. I really enjoyed the conversations with everyone. Sorry to those I annoyed, but I just love the Steelers.

As for the Steelers, this wasn't what I had hoped for tonight, obviously. However, this team was 6-10 last year, had a rookie for a QB, suffered several injuries, and what they did was phenomenal. Don't let the loss to the Patriots take away the fact that the Steelers won 15 in a row, had a rookie QB win 14 in a row, and had a phenomenal season. Of course, this loss stings, it is their 4th AFC Championship loss at home in 10 years, it is painful, and I'm starting to wonder if they will ever win the Super Bowl in my fandom lifetime. I was alive for all 4 championships, but only 5 on their last win. Anyway, enjoy the fun the next two weeks Eagle and Patriots fans, I will be watching the game in two weeks, as I love football.

Well, that is all I have to say. Congrats Pats and Eagles fans, enjoy it, and don't worry, I will stick around to take my medicine. :D

very classy  :D

I commend you on being a stand up guy.

I am still glad that the poems are over, but.... :D

668701[/snapback]

I'm still writing a poem. It will be out tomorrow.

Nice concession speech. Menudo is a class act.

Steelers are going to be a force to contend with for a while - Big Ben just needs to mature a bit. CBS made it sound like the Bus is gone, but Pitt's running game will be fine with that O line.

Anyway - it's nice to be rid of that sig line and avatar.

OH MY GOD! JOE NAMATH is handing out the AFC Trophy!!!

NNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh - that just kills me. Oh, and to be handing it to a Patriot!

It will be tough to get that image out of my head.

I'm outta here - I'll probably check in in April for the NFL draft.

:D to the gracious-in-defeat Steelers fans here. Like I said in another post, never did I imagine NE would roll like that today in the first half, but kudos to Pitt for clawing back. I'm not going to pretend I like guys like Porter, just like you'll never like e.g. Brady and Harrison, but I admire how tough Pitt plays, and to have the season they had with all the injuries and a rook at QB was phenomenal, what a defense..I was scared sh*tless going into today. But Brady was just too steady, and made some key passes.

(Uh-oh, is Namath going to want to kiss Greg Gumbel now...:eek: )

Props Menudo , the unfortunate thing is that we still have to contend with UT.

in all seriousness, you're a good guy menudo. i was just playin with ya earlier today

668739[/snapback]

I know dude. It is all in good fun. I have enjoyed this season more than any I can remember. Now, how can I hide from U.T. :D:D

Let me just say, good job in being a stand-up guy Menudo.  :D  :D

668700[/snapback]

I agree!

Wow, didn't realize how painful it would be to see that Pats avatar up there.  Oh well.

668727[/snapback]

Ben-Wa resembles a little Shakespeare.

I'm still writing a poem.  It will be out tomorrow.

668702[/snapback]

I an attempt to help the poet laureate of the Pittsburgh nation, here are various words that rhyme with DANG!!!! ... if you know what I mean ...

Slang.

Duck.

Spit.

:D

Your team had a hell of a run Menudo. From where they were last year 'till this year was a huge turn around and quite the accomplishment. You just lost to the better team. Nothing to be ashamed of by far.

Edited by 'canes2004