[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your favorite Team(s) through the years.

McBoog

I bleed Orange and Blue.

I never considered another team other than Da Bears. My dad was a big football fan. We had relatives just over the IL/WI (Twin Lakes) line and every year we'd go up there to see the Bear/GB game, 'cause they were blacked out in Chi. Great times. By the way my WI cuz's were Bear Fans! :oldrazz:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bleed Orange and Blue.

I never considered another team other than Da Bears. My dad was a big football fan.  We had relatives just over the IL/WI (Twin Lakes) line and every year we'd go up there to see the Bear/GB game, 'cause they were blacked out in Chi.  Great times.  By the way my WI cuz's were Bear Fans! :oldrazz:

671623[/snapback]

Traitors! :D

A friend's wife grew up in Appleton, WI, and now works for the Bears. She said they made her sign a document stating she was now a Bear fan and no longer a Packer fan. Now that's a rivalry :D

Who's gonna talk trash to someone they don't know.  You would have to have about 30 or 40 posts to get some familiararity with the other Huddlers.  This jerkoff has decided that he doesn't like Squeege and he's posting negative crap about her for no reason.  I hope this guy has an early death. :D

671592[/snapback]

Calm down there killer! :D

Squeegie is quite adept at defending herself even though she is a Steelers fan! :oldrazz:

Calm down there killer!  :D

Squeegie is quite adept at defending herself even though she is a Steelers fan!  :oldrazz:

671643[/snapback]

I do not doubt this, but people who just randomly talk smack without knowing the opinions of the other parties involved are aggrivants and I don't want to fool around with them.

Traitors!  :D

A friend's wife grew up in Appleton, WI, and now works for the Bears.  She said they made her sign a document stating she was now a Bear fan and no longer a Packer fan.  Now that's a rivalry  :D

671635[/snapback]

That's funny....A Loyalty Oath in football! B)

Where's the ACLU when you need them?

:D

I was born a Dallas Cowboys fan and never even thought about calling another team my favorite team.To me it never mattered that I live in jersey because sports was always for entertainment purposes.There have been players on other teams that I like a lot and maybe some other teams that I dont mind having some success but I never would call a team a second or third favorite..

Being born and raised in the NW, It's always been the Seahawks.

But having lived in Arizona for a # of years and now Carolina, I've picked up "secondary faves" in the Cardinals and Panthers.

NFL- Seahawks

MLB- Diamondbacks, Twins (old family ties)

NHL- Coyotes

NBA- Suns, Bobcats

NCAA- UNLV (AM), Montana, Arizona State, South Carolina

Growing up in CT, you were supposed to cheer for either of three obvious teams, but the very first Super Bowl I ever watched in its entirity was in 1981...SB XV, and I thought Plunkett, Branch, and even Ray Guy were amazing.

Perhaps if Jaworski had played better, I'd really be excited about the Super Bowl this year!

Plus the mystique of the Raiders was pretty cool to a kid, with the logo and the silver and black uniforms. Then Marcus Allen started playing and I was hooked.

Nowadays, living in GA, I try to divide my allegiance between the Raiders (my AFC representative) and the Falcons (my NFC representative).

I have lived in Philly area pretty much all of my life, so I am a fan of all Philly teams except one - The Eagles. My dad was a Dolphins fan, so I guess you could say I was born a Phins fan, with the Rams being my second favorite team. I guess that was because my godfather was a Rams fan. The first football game I really remember watching was SuperBowl 19. When Miami got killed by SF, have pretty much hated SF ever since.

I have developed into a die hard Phins fan and although I don't have the Ticket so, I don't get to watch them very often. I follow them as best as I can. Whenever they are playing in the area, I will try to get tickets to the game. I have developed a deep hatred for the Eagles during this whole time also. Not really sure where it stems from, but I will root for any team that is playing the Eagles. I will be a Pats fan during the SB this year - even though that is hard to do having them in the same division as the Phins. I think the hatred for the Eagles started when they hired Buddy Ryan as their coach. I now can't stand them I guess because of the idiots that call up sports radio and talk about all kind of nonsense. Also, I was at the draft when they drafted McNabb and those "fools" started booing and carrying on. I was thoroughly embarrassed to say I was from the Philly area after that.

Anyway after all of that I am a die hard Flyers fan, with a rooting interest in the Sixers and Phillies and a die hard Dolphins fan along with any team playing the Eagles.

Grew up and still live on Long Island, NY. Always been a Giants fan. Always will be. There are no other "second" favorites. The concept seems wrong to me. Most likely this is the result of not having moved, but as far as I am concerned there are the Giants, and then there are the 31 others teams.

This Super Bowl is going to be tough for me. I hate the Eagles since they are in the NFC East with the Giants. I also hate the idea of any other team being too dominating. Factor in the U.T. and the Pats are hated almost as much. Too bad this can't end in a 0-0 tie.

Growing up in Minnesota, I am a total Vikings fan. The first game I remember watching was Superbowl IV!! ( was 4 at the time).

I was able to go to a couple of training camps in Mankato in the 70's and even got autographs of the "Purple People Eaters", and other Viking greats...this was back when you could practically walk out on the practice field!!! Unfortunatley, my Dad was not a big sports fan and I never got to see a game at the "Met".

I lived through 3 Superbowl loses in 4 years and the "push" by Drew Person that cost us a shot at a 4th.

I have remained a Viking fan through Les Steckle, Jerry Burns, the Herchel Walker trade" Denny Green, the kneel down loss to the Falcons in 98, the 0-41 blowout in 2000, Mike Tice and Draft day blunders and many other Vikings failures that are too numerous to mention.

Since I started playing fantasy football in 94 I have like individual players (Emmitt Smith and Brett Favre) but the Vikings are always my team.

My biggest thrill about being a Dad was taking my oldest daughter to her first Viking game on her 4th B-day in 2003. (they lost to the Giants...so I started her out right as a Vikings fan)

My hope is that before I die I see them win a Superbowl!!!!

My two favorite teams are the Packers and the Raiders. Packers are #1, Raiders 1A. I'm 31, but my first Super Bowl memory was Marcus Allen's huge run against Washington.

I didn't become an every week NFL fan until I started playing football as a freshman in 1988. Then, the Packers sucked and I've always hated green (still refuse to wear most Packer stuff, unless white). Bo Jackson was the 'greatest' athlete on earth. I have watched every Packer game since 1989 and watch as many Raiders games as I can. I guess whenever I picked up Madden XXXX, I usually played as the Raiders first, Packers second.

I have been to Lambeau for two Packer-Raider games and rooted for GB both times. If they met in the Super Bowl, I'd root for GB. I hate Minnescrotum more than Denver and KC.

So, since 1989 the Packers have been my favorite team, but Black is still my favorite color. :D

Became a Dolphins fan in January 1973. I was 7, growing up in New England, and didn’t really like football, but when I noticed my dad watching a game on TV and becoming really animated, I sat down to watch with him. I asked who was playing and he responded, “The Dolphins and the Redskins are playing in the Super Bowl.” Hmm, who do you want to win I asked? “The Redskins. I hate Miami.” Good enough for me…. I have rooted for the Dolphins ever since.