[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Day Plans

Menudo

Anybody remember Ted the Bellhop?

Peace

policy

788444[/snapback]

:D yes.

I'll have two beers and catch picks 1.1 - 2.10 then me the baby and wife are taking some friends and their kids to the zoo. If the Cowboys trade out of the first round I will smash the TV and be getting a divorce because I'll be in no mood to go to the zoo.

Ted is my best friend, best man at my wedding, MML leaguemate, introduced me to both FF and The Huddle, etc., etc., etc. Back when he and I were roommates, we'd often accidentally leave one or the other's computer logged in as us, which is why we were many times "caught" posting as one or the other. We decided to play it coy and keep the alias rumors flying for a while, but he hasn't posted here in forever and AFAIK doesn't plan to ever again, so I figure this admission is safe.

Peace

policy

I'll be going out to the stadium on Sunday morning for the Miller Lite Draft Day Party. I'll be in the Cadillac Clubhouse at Soldier Field. The Club offers some of the finest amenities in the NFL, including 4 giant 12-foot screen TVs. I'm not sure which ones but there will also be some players their. Local sports radio will also be there broadcasting live.

I will be at the Ohio State spring game watching the Bucks and listening to the draft via the radio or as soon as 1460 updates the picks during the play by play of the spring game.

Tailgating and dropping knowledge regarding the draft. I wonder if my insight will be better or worse with each icey cold refreshing Coke with Lime or is that Corona with Lime...mmmmmmm.

put the lime in the Coke. :D

Lets see... girlfriend still out of country for 2 more weeks.. roomates both out of state this weekend.. supposed to rain all day in Boston.. know 10000% more about the draft this year than any other year due to work project..

So, gym at 10am, here on the couch talking to you guys at noon.

Yup.  Whatever happened to old Theodore?

788913[/snapback]

I think he was crushed by knowledge droppings from policy.

I'll be hangin in the Sky Box, and a couple other spots. The only upside is, I can't complain about any Jets' picks.... they dont have any, so I will have to limit myself to talking about how stupid all the other NFL teams picks are.

Ted is my best friend, best man at my wedding, MML leaguemate, introduced me to both FF and The Huddle, etc., etc., etc.  Back when he and I were roommates, we'd often accidentally leave one or the other's computer logged in as us, which is why we were many times "caught" posting as one or the other.  We decided to play it coy and keep the alias rumors flying for a while, but he hasn't posted here in forever and AFAIK doesn't plan to ever again, so I figure this admission is safe.

Peace

policy

788457[/snapback]

Interesting. I always liked his posts. Tell him to start posting again. :D

I'm sure the Chiefs will give you plenty of material.

790962[/snapback]

If they don't, I'm sure that Tice has something up his sleeve. No, wait the other sleeve. I thought that you had the envelope. You don't have it? shucks, where did we put that thing? Anybody have an eraser? Who's got their watch on? Can't we wait a minute, Scooby Doo is almost over?

Funny draft day story:

Two years ago I was suddenly thrust into the situation of being my son's T-ball team coach. This was because the first coach suddenly moved to a different state, and I happened to be the only male parent there at his final practice when he told us this. So he says "Who wants to take over the coaching duties?" and everyone looks at me.

Ok, so I'm the coach now. We proceed to lose many games after that, but that's not the point of this story.

Apparently, one of the parents had scheduled the end of season bbq/party on a Saturday.......you guessed it, NFL DRAFT SATURDAY!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

My job was to supply the burgers, so here is what I did. I got a big box of those frozen burgers and proceeded to cook them on my grill at home while watching the beginning of the draft. I wasn't paying very much attention to the burgers, and they basically turned into small hockey pucks.

I drove over to the park where everyone was gathered and we proceeded to eat. Those burgers were nasty, I tell you. I had made about 40 of them, and I think only about 10 were eaten. I kept making excuses about leaving something in the truck so I could exit and catch some of the draft on the radio.

Now I make sure my NFL Draft Saturday is free from all commitments.