[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Day Plans

Menudo

Just curious what everyone's plans were for Saturday. This is one of my favorite days of the year. A bunch of guys in my league are getting together for Beer, Food, Draft and Poker. I was wondering what everyone else had planned for the day.

I thought was going to get the day to myself, and that my lovely, if some what beotchy wife, was going to take the kids to vistit her friend in Dallas. As it turns out, my 6 year old has two make-up soccer games on Saturday, and the wife is still going to Dallas with the younger one. So, now I get to watch a bunch of 6 year old girls play two soccer games.

The wife told me to Tivo the draft, not listen to the radio, and to stay away from you guys, so that I could watch the draft, when I get back, which really isn't a bad idea, I can fast forward it through all of Kipers bloviating.

A bunch of guys in my league are getting together for Beer, Food, Draft and Poker.

787777[/snapback]

Same thing here ...

We have a group of us that go to the Dallas Cowboys home opener every year ... this year we are getting together early to plan the trip and watch the draft.

We are having BBQ Ribs, Brats, Hamburgers and Salmon.

There will also be a Texas Hold'em No Limit Tournament for NFL memorabilia.

We may also have a drink or two ... :D

Cheer for the 12 year old playing volleyball at 9am, coach my son & stepson (both 8) at soccer at 1pm, and cheer my daughter (7) in soccer at 3:30.

Probably between volleyball and soccer, go out to eat for my son's birthday.

Watching the draft is not that interesting to me. Especially with the long delays in between picks.

There's a 50/50 chance that I'll be at the draft. The whole process was screwed up last year, waited for 5 hours, and they didn't let us in. So I left right before Eli went on the board. Found out later, that the guys right by us got in around the 5th pick. It should be more organized this year, just sucks that G-men don't have a 1st rounder.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8364763

Getting together with some fellow fantasy league owners to eat some deer sausage and drink some beer! Wife is giving me the day off from the kids!!

Wife is out of town for the weekend. :D

Get off work 11 pm Friday night. Wake up 9:30 am Saturday. Crack open first beer at 9:35 am. Buddies show up at 10:30 am. :D Collect Mock Draft Contest entries and $10 fee at 10:45 am. Fire up grill at 11 am. Crack open 6th beer at 11:05 am. :D Slice into my legendary steak at 11:45. Sometime during the 2nd round, tablulate Mock Draft scores, award winner with $50 pot and liquor store gift certificate. Crack open 20th beer and bite into first bratwurst at approximately 3 pm. :D After round 3 ends, spend the next several hours drinking more beer and beating my buddies DOWN in Madden 2005 (we do our OWN draft in the game, then play each other with our own teams :D). :D

I can't friggin' wait.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Was going to TiVo the draft and do yardwork but rain is expected so will probably just watch the draft. :D

Oh, and will be setting up the new rotisserie for my Weber kettle. Couple of yard birds on the spit should do nicely to break it in. :D

Wife is out of town for the weekend. :D

Get off work 11 pm Friday night. Wake up 9:30 am Saturday. Crack open first beer at 9:35 am. Buddies show up at 10:30 am. :D Collect Mock Draft Contest entries and $10 fee at 10:45 pm. Fire up grill at 11 am. Crack open 6th beer at 11:05 am. :D Slice into my legendary steak at 11:45. Sometime during the 2nd round, tablulate Mock Draft scores, award winner with $50 pot and liquor store gift certificate. Crack open 20th beer and bite into first bratwurst at approximately 3 pm. :D After round 3 ends, spend the next several hours drinking more beer and beating my buddies DOWN in Madden 2005 (we do our OWN draft in the game, then play each other with our own teams :bang:). :D

I can't friggin' wait.

787979[/snapback]

5:30 hours and 20 beers before you bite into a brat??? :D No cheese sculpture of the Packers first pick? What kind of Cheezehead are you Swiss :D

I am going to a local pub. I hope I can watch most of the first day. Being the first day of Passover, I might have to head to the folk's house for dinner...

Edit: confirmed, I will have to be at the folk's house. won't be having too many beers at the draft...good thing the Browns have the 3rd pick...hopefully they don't trade down so I can see their pick

Edited by loaf

9 am - Small Animal Day at MSU; they show off the pigs and the chickens and the goats and the Cow With A Hole In It So You Can Watch It Digest Its Food OH NASTY!!!! Going to drag the little one there so she can learn about the wonders of livestock.

12 pm - Buddy comes over. Beer, draft-watching, endless dialogue and commentary follow.

Peace

policy

Just curious what everyone's plans were for Saturday.  This is one of my favorite days of the year.  A bunch of guys in my league are getting together for Beer, Food, Draft and Poker.  I was wondering what everyone else had planned for the day.

787777[/snapback]

Just what we are doing and throw in a division vs division (fantasy football) in a game of football in the morning.

No Madden 2005 so that is the bummer.