[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheatsheets?

szatzu

Cheatsheets are worthless....  If I'm in an 8 team league ....

804699[/snapback]

:D 8 Team League :D Well, I guess if there isn't much competition, it would be easy with out a cheat sheet. :D

I'll print out say, the Huddle cheat sheets, mostly so that I don't overlook or forget a player. Even if I made my own custom cheat sheets I would not follow them exactly. It depends on where I am picking, and the tendencies of the other owners picking around me that determines what player I might take, and even from what position.

804655[/snapback]

I agree completely with this. This is why I will never take the time to create my own individual cheat sheet. All I need is a list of players that closely jives with my personal rankings for purposes of reference and organization. Every draft has it's own dynamic so a cheat sheet is only a tool not a rubric.

cheatsheets are definitely an invaluable tool to have at the draft. If nothing else, it acts as a good checklist so you don't waste time picking long gone players...

I use software. Fantasy Asylum has a Draft Predictor package that is really nice. You can:

-enter your scoring system

-track the draft as you go along, slot players with their FF owner

-allows you to tell it how many players in each position you want to end up with and it will help you track it for you and your opponents.

-it reccomends players based on rank and need. You don't have to follow it.

-update it right before your draft and capture last minute injuries and updates

-tweak the rankings beofre hand

-mock draft

-is local software, no internet needed during use

I should dig up a screenshot, it's a complex interface, but once you get used to it it's very informative. I formally used the huddle for a baseline, then customized. I see this as the same thing, just digital.

I probably should not share it, but it's really nice. I don't think it's ready for 2005 yet....

i like having my opponents rely on canned magazine cheatsheets that are 3-4 months old by draft time

804443[/snapback]

:D

:D

Cheatsheets are worthless.  I take pride in gathering enough information to make my own predictions on the fantasy projections for players rather than read a generic blurb that displays whether or not the author thinks the player is going to have a good season.

However, checklists are essential...not for rememberling players, but for strategy purposes.  If I'm in an 8 team league and don't have don't have a QB, but I see six of them crossed off on my checklist, I can probably cool off on a quarterback for a few rounds because everyone else already has one.  Same theory applies to TE's. 

Furthermore, a checklist will help you determine the direction the draft is heading, and whether or not you have to take TJ Duckett because by the time the draft gets back to you all the decent RBs figure to be plucked.

804699[/snapback]

cheatsheets are definitely an invaluable tool to have at the draft. If nothing else, it acts as a good checklist so you don't waste time picking long gone players...

805046[/snapback]

What loaf said.... semantics. It may be called a cheatsheet, but it's more of a tiered checklist than anything else. I have about 3 or 4 guys in my 12 team local that show up with magazines. There used to be more, but some learn slower than others! :D We usually have one new guy.... if it werent for them slowing the draft down so much, it's funny to watch them fumble around! Um.... Seahawks.... do you really play in an 8 team league? What's the point? To have Pennington as your 4th string QB?

I use software. Fantasy Asylum has a Draft Predictor package that is really nice. You can:

-enter your scoring system

-track the draft as you go along, slot players with their FF owner

-allows you to tell it how many players in each position you want to end up with and it will help you track it for you and your opponents.

-it reccomends players based on rank and need. You don't have to follow it.

-update it right before your draft and capture last minute injuries and updates

-tweak the rankings beofre hand

-mock draft

-is local software, no internet needed during use

I should dig up a screenshot, it's a complex interface, but once you get used to it it's very informative. I formally used the huddle for a baseline, then customized. I see this as the same thing, just digital.

I probably should not share it, but it's really nice. I don't think it's ready for 2005 yet....

805183[/snapback]

An owner in my 10 team keeper league used this software last year. We all thought the software was nuts because he had the 2nd pick in the draft and computer told him to take Curtis Martin (we can only keep 2 backs per year so the software determined that Martin was the best non kept back available even over James/A Green/ and all the rookies.) Martin lasted 2 rounds before being picked up and every time the computer told him Martin was the next pick! He ended up finishing dead last in the league and lost the toilet bowl! :D

Not sure if the software is good or not but it was right on C-Mart!

Um.... Seahawks.... do you really play in an 8 team league? What's the point? To have Pennington as your 4th string QB?

805229[/snapback]

No I don't play in an 8 team league, I was just using it as an easy example, but the theory is applicable in a 30 team league. My homer is a 10 team league, but we can start up to 3RBs, pretty fun stuff.

Like most replies here I use cheatsheets only for organization and bye week info. My draft is based on my own research and football logic. For example, one of my best moves was to draft Culpepper in his rookie year pretty early. My thinking was he is throwing to Chris Carter and Randy Moss, how can he not put up big numbers. I do my research all off-season by looking at what O-line has improved and then I might put that teams RB over another. Also, a lot has to do with the way other owners draft.

I run my leauge and use the Huddles cheat sheets.I even print out cheat sheets for the other 11 guys in my leauge.May sound stupid but I have won the title the last 2 seasons.Maybe they think I am trying to give them bogus info from some second rate website, but we all know better than that.This year will be no different.I will print out 12 cheatsheets the morning of my draft and bring them along for all to see.Thought about saying screw the other guys but I can't argue with the results.There are always 2 or 3 guys who disregard my cheatsheets and go right back to the outdated fantasy magazines. :D