[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheatsheets?

szatzu

My question is do you guys need cheatsheets in order to win your league? Don't get me wrong the right cheatsheet will help you win a league as long as the rest of the people you are drafting against don't have it.

But right now...do you feel that you would have more of edge drafting a team with no cheat sheets available to anyone or do you think you would be more likely to succeed drafting after you and everyone else in your league had an opportunity to read and evaluate whatever cheatsheets you/they desire or normally use?

Right now I think that I would be better off drafting now.

I really just use cheat sheets to stay organized during the draft. I dont put total emphasis on how the cheat sheets rank players it just makes it easy to have all of the players in front of you with their bye weeks.

Putting together a cheatsheet is MUCH more valuable than actually having one...

Meaning, I'd rather work for days/weeks/months on putting one together...and forget to print it off for my draft...than...print some random cheatsheet off the internet and take it to the draft.

Here's what I've noticed.

Cheetsheets are critical for organization,.... and in the last 5 years to see how the other meatheads in the draft are going to draft.

Before the internet (how many of you can remember that?) and magazines we would have to compile the information ourselves so absolutely nobody would have the same cheetsheets. But now, at least 5 team managers in my league use The Huddle cheetsheets "As Is". This is a hugh :D advantage for the people that use this cheetsheet as a "Base Line" and then tweak it based on whatever criteria you have.

Edited by Pancake

I've never won a league but I wouldn't draft without them.

I use/make my own but I certainly don't mind looking over 4-5 I trust (almost all from here btw) in the 8th round when I'm not thrilled with the top 3 left on my own board.

Let me rephase my question...do you think you would do better without a canned cheatsheet being available to anyone...but you and everyone else could bring your own based on your due diligence or do you need the ability to rely off of canned cheatsheats...

Let me rephase my question...do you think you would do better without a canned cheatsheet being available to anyone...but you and everyone else could bring your own based on your due diligence or do you need the ability to rely off of canned cheatsheats...

804439[/snapback]

i like having my opponents rely on canned magazine cheatsheets that are 3-4 months old by draft time

I make my own based on my assesments. In the later rounds I use one to keep track etc.

Nothing better when another guy drafts( or tries to) someone who was drafted 2 round before.

I make my own and find them way way important. There are just too many names to know who all is out there and who has been picked and such. Not using cheatsheets is like pulling out early....you might get lucky, but who wants to take the chance.

I like to use the projectioins from three or four websites, and then make my own cheat sheet based upon the scoring system that I will be using. I have an Excell Spread Sheet that allows me to do this, and has come in very helpful.

I make my own and find them way way important.  There are just too many names to know who all is out there and who has been picked and such.  Not using cheatsheets is like pulling out early....you might get lucky, but who wants to take the chance.

804449[/snapback]

My wife has been taking an antibiotic that screws with her pill, so I've been pulling out early of late, as I hate rubbers. It's kind of fun to go pron star all over her stomach or back. :D

Edited by Perchoutofwater

My wife has been taking an antibiotic that screws with her pill, so I've been pulling out early of late, as I hate rubbers.  It's kind of fun to go pron star all over her stomach or back. :D

804455[/snapback]

Tap it doggystyle, then just ask her--- "In the crack or up the back?"

804439[/snapback]

Gotcha :doah:

I don't think so, seems most of my leagues are competitive enough it wouldn't help enough to cancel out injuries; having the best team on paper but the most points against and missing the playoffs; big players having off games in the playoffs; your opponent having the single-game scoing high for the season in your Divisional Championship game and so on.

:D

Gotcha :doah:

I don't think so, seems most of my leagues are competitive enough it wouldn't help enough to cancel out injuries; having the best team on paper but the most points against and missing the playoffs; big players having off games in the playoffs; your opponent having the single-game scoing high for the season in your Divisional Championship game and so on.

:D

804466[/snapback]

Spoken like some bitter person who has never won a championship :D

I make my own and find them way way important.  There are just too many names to know who all is out there and who has been picked and such.  Not using cheatsheets is like pulling out early....you might get lucky, but who wants to take the chance.

804449[/snapback]

I agree with Duchess Jack and Perchoutofwater. I make my own cheatsheets on Excel so I can adjust them rapidly. Most of the website cheatsheets are based on redrafter leagues and need adapted to keeper leagues.

I watch them all, then adust my own based on our league scoring system. Since we can keep up to 10 players each year with no contract limitations, my ratings often differ from redrafter type cheatsheets.

Our guys all show up pretty well prepared and nobody lets anybody else see their cheatsheets. I color code the picks in levels and I adjust my draft as we go along.

I have Excel records of drafts for the last 12 years so I can preplan based on all their tendencies. I watch each team's roster so I know where their needs lie, and often shift picks based on that knowledge.

I've finished 1st four out of the last five years using this complicated system so I know it works.

Edited by BoosBandits

I make my own based on my assesments. In the later rounds I use one to keep track etc.

Nothing better when another guy drafts( or tries to) someone who was drafted 2 round before.

804444[/snapback]

Or they draft someone that has been injured and may be out the rest of the season. That always happens in drafts that I attend with my friends...I have to chuckle a little. Last year I was way to helpful to people who didnt know anything about who was hurt and who would be a good pick round 6. This year my canned answer to anyone during a draft is "I don't know". I was last in one of my leagues last year and it was embarrasing. Not gonna happen this year I am already prepared. Just moving people up and down my chart as I read articles and such. But yeah I need a cheatsheet to keep track of who was picked. I have devised a a two page draft sheet and I am excited about it. No more spending time turning pages to cross out the player as they are picked. For the first time I already feel confident in my preparation and cheatsheet. :D

I like to use the projectioins from three or four websites, and then make my own cheat sheet based upon the scoring system that I will be using.

804451[/snapback]

This is the way I prepare for all my FF league drafts!!! :D

I make my own. Working off the Huddle's rankings, I make a spreadsheet. I put every draftable player's name, team, and bye week on there, with each position broken out separately. I then sort them in order of "would I rather have this guy or that guy?". I end up with one peice of paper, two-sided, as my complete draft board. I have one other paper that I write what player's gone to what team on, and finally I print out the Huddle's schedule grid. I bring nothing but those three sheets of paper, a pencil, and a highlighter to my MML auction.

And yes, I win.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

I'll print out say, the Huddle cheat sheets, mostly so that I don't overlook or forget a player. Even if I made my own custom cheat sheets I would not follow them exactly. It depends on where I am picking, and the tendencies of the other owners picking around me that determines what player I might take, and even from what position. If I know someone will jump for a favorite of thiers, I can wait until the next round for a targeted player I want. Some owners will never take a QB in my redraft local until at least the 5th round. Some go RB, RB automatically. One guy takes Heap in the third round every year, no matter what. That allows me to take a player say a WR, that I want, knowing that the QB I am looking for will still be there on my next pick.

I spend enough time researching stuff like new offensive and defensive coordinators and how a team's O line looks that I don't need to shuffle a premade cheat sheet around on paper, I'll do that in my head. I also like to leave my cheat sheets were other owners can read them, just to throw them off. They never know which way I might go next. So, for me it's more a listing of players than it is a cheat sheet. I havent bought a magazine in years.

Cheatsheets are worthless. I take pride in gathering enough information to make my own predictions on the fantasy projections for players rather than read a generic blurb that displays whether or not the author thinks the player is going to have a good season.

However, checklists are essential...not for rememberling players, but for strategy purposes. If I'm in an 8 team league and don't have don't have a QB, but I see six of them crossed off on my checklist, I can probably cool off on a quarterback for a few rounds because everyone else already has one. Same theory applies to TE's.

Furthermore, a checklist will help you determine the direction the draft is heading, and whether or not you have to take TJ Duckett because by the time the draft gets back to you all the decent RBs figure to be plucked.

I may bring a cheat sheet from a site or one that I build. The main thing I do while drafting is that I never pick players from top to bottom on the list. I never want to be drawn to the top player on any list. I always reserve the right to pick who I feel is the best player when the clock is running. I don't want to be committed to any list, even if it's a list that I made myself 10 minutes before a draft.