[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whizzanator Suspened for ONE YR

keggerz

Onterrio Smith Suspended for One Year! --

WCCO.com reports the National Football league has suspended Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith for a year. The reason for Smith's suspension was not immediately released. He will miss all of the 2005 football season. The Star Tribune adds Smith has been excused from the team indefinitely because of a league matter, HC Mike Tice said this afternoon. "I really can't speak about any reasons why, or when he'll be back," Tice said after the last of this week's developmental practices at Winter Park. "It's in the league's hands, and we'll leave it at that."

missed that Beaumont posted this in his other link....thought it deserved its own suspension thread :D

Edited by keggerz

like wise.

In Fusion:  Dom Davis, Tiki Barber, Rookie 1.2, Bennett, Droughns...

never thought I'd say this, but shame I can only start three.

817595[/snapback]

i see 2 starters and 3 uhmmmm......potentials. u may not even have a good bye week starter.

All Bennett owners unite in congratulating themselves over the S.O.D. news. :D

That is until he breaks his foot (or something......you just know he will) in a preseason game. :D

That's when the Mewelde Moore owners just nod their heads sagely. :D

All Bennett owners unite in congratulating themselves over the S.O.D. news. :D

That is until he breaks his foot (or something......you just know he will) in a preseason game.  :D

That's when the Mewelde Moore owners just nod their heads sagely. :D

817669[/snapback]

Got both!

Vikings | Smith Gone for One Year - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 19 May 2005 13:21:52 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports two sources with knowledge of the situation have told ESPN.com Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith been apprised by the NFL that he faces a one-year suspension for a repeat violation of the league's substance abuse program. The suspension is subject to appeal. Citing the league's confidentiality guidelines on such matters, an NFL spokesman on Thursday declined comment. Sources said the suspension has nothing to do with an April 21 incident in which Smith was stopped at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in possession of a device to circumvent drug tests.

According to the locals, Bennett appears to have all of his speed back.  Speed that he didn't have last year.  Is that also good news?

817709[/snapback]

Tice says that Bennett has won the starting job by a large margin and he has turned the competition into a "joke" ...

He only needs to stay healthy ... :D

I hope it's because he tested + again and not because he was caught with the masking agents...

817664[/snapback]

ESPN says it's because he missed a mandatory drug test session, not because of the Whizzinator.

It really is not that hard to stop smoking pot. If someone wanted to offer me a million dollars a year to play a game... and the only requirement was to not smoke pot, I think I could pull that off without too much complaining.

I just hope he checks himself into a drug dependency program so he can get some help. He's a sad case! :D

818081[/snapback]

But Josh Gordon isnt addictive! And its not as bad for you as alcohol and cigarettes. And people arent violent or dont commit crimes when they smoke pot. And, and, and quit bogarting the cheetos dude!...

Sorry just spouting the mantra of the potheads on this board... :D

It really is not that hard to stop smoking pot.  If someone wanted to offer me a million dollars a year to play a game... and the only requirement was to not smoke pot, I think I could pull that off without too much complaining.

817847[/snapback]

I can quit anytime I want. I just dont want to... :D

I hope it's because he tested + again and not because he was caught with the masking agents...

817664[/snapback]

What? :D Why do you think he is carrying the masking agents? Get Real, who cares if that is the reason. You know anyone who carrys masking agents who does not take drugs? I could care less! He deserves to be suspended. He sure is brillant, blowing millions of dollars for a little hippy letuce... :D MORON! :D

Sure does raise Fason's value in the rookie draft....Bennett's injury bug...Moore isn't an every down back IMO...Smith gone....hmmm.....could Fason be NFC rookie of the year??? Think about it! Tice had to know something(trade or Smith's problem or something)..Tice had Bennett, Smith, Moore, Moe Williams and he drafts an RB--Fason...come on...something is fishy here!!!! :D:D

But Josh Gordon isnt addictive!  And its not as bad for you as alcohol and cigarettes.  And people arent violent or dont commit crimes when they smoke pot.  And, and, and quit bogarting the cheetos dude!...

Sorry just spouting the mantra of the potheads on this board... :D

818113[/snapback]

Does that mean my kid's health teacher is a pothead? Sounds like the crap my kid thinks.

Josh Gordon isn't addictive. People who can't quit are stupid... which is different from being addicted.

It's only addictive in the way that compulsive shopping is addictive. Should we outlaw shopping because some people are idiots?

Josh Gordon isn't addictive.  People who can't quit are stupid... which is different from being addicted.

It's only addictive in the way that compulsive shopping is addictive.  Should we outlaw shopping because some people are idiots?

818182[/snapback]

People who smoke it are STUPID. I dont care if it is additive or not. Right now it is ILLEGAL. And if it is not additive, why does a dumb :D like Smith keep doing it then?

Edited by BigTen