[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Koren Robinson cut

Big Country

KIRKLAND, Wash. – Troubled wide receiver Koren Robinson, who was suspended for substance abuse last season and faces new drunken driving charges, was released Thursday by the Seattle Seahawks.

The team also released veteran cornerback Bobby Taylor, signed as a free agent last season after starring with Philadelphia. Taylor was troubled by injuries for much of last year.

Last season, Robinson served a four-game league suspension for substance abuse. In January, coach Mike Holmgren benched him for skipping practice one day before an important game against Atlanta.

He pleaded not guilty Tuesday in Kirkland Municipal Court to drunken and reckless driving and is due back in court July 18. He was cited in early May in Medina.

Robinson, 25, was the ninth overall pick in the 2001 draft. He had a career year in 2002, with 78 receptions for 1,240 yards – just the second Seahawks receiver after Hall of Famer Steve Largent to record a 1,200-yard season.

The team did not mention Robinson's legal problems in a statement announcing his release Thursday. A day earlier, the team said it was "extremely disappointed and concerned with Koren's situation."

Robinson was scheduled to earn $1.35 million in 2005. As a multiple offender, he could be subject to additional discipline by the league if convicted of the most recent charges.

Thursday is the first day teams can release players and defer any salary cap penalty until next season.

I think Seattle was pretty fed up with K-Rob's poor work ethic and RIDICULOUS # of dropped passes (it's tolerable for a year or two, but past that....); the off-the-field stuff probably was more of a clincher for the decision than the impetus - if he'd been giving his clothes to poor starvin' orphans as opposed to knockin' back gin and tonics and cruisin' downtown, he MIGHT have made it to training camp.

Finally!!!  :D

I still remember He killed one of my fantasy teams!!  :D  :D

830233[/snapback]

Yeah, me too. Now at least he won't torment me with his "potential"!!

I was just looking through this thread to see if anyone felt this way.  Does anyone else agree with this?

830310[/snapback]

Not necessarily, he will see better coverage, although a lot of teams weren't paying Robinson very much attention, figuring he'd drop the thing if it came his way.