[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wiiliamson Watch

Outshined

INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES

Troy Williamson: The rookie had his best day so far, dropping only one pass. Daunte said during training camp that one the thing he loved about the rookie was the fact that Williamson caught the ball with his hands. That was on display today as Williamson was grabbing everything that came near him. Those of you who have been worried about the #7 overall pick’s tendency to drop the ball during mini-camp can take a deep breath and relax. Today he looked like a pro.

Its good to see Duante gaining confidence in the rook!! Going into training camp, they say he will be #5 on the depth charts. Thats if Campbell isn't in jail.

Why?  You expecting that skinny kid to get hurt?

830131[/snapback]

I think he meant he will be moving up the depth chart as this was the notes from yesterdays dev camp:

In the absence of Campbell, Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson took snaps as the number one and two receivers, respectively. In three receiver sets, the emerging Travis Taylor joined the tandem. Number seven overall draft pick Troy Williamson continued to work with the 2nd and 3rd units, and offensive coordinator Loney said that is all part of the plan. “The nice thing about Troy is that we can start him out in the shallow end knowing that, with Wes Chandler coaching him in our system, he’ll be in that deep end before we know it.”

While it is very early, I expect that the fall out goes something like this: Burleson#1, Taylor and the muscle waiting to be pulled, MRob will share the #2 spot, with Williamson seeing some spot duty. Cambell either goes to jail gets killed, or gets cut, take yer pick!

From a purely fantasy prospective, Williamson has little or no value in re-draft leagues, marginal value in keepers, but is decent pick in dynasties in the mid to late part of the first round of a rookie draft. Anyone disagree?

From a purely fantasy prospective, Williamson has little or no value in re-draft leagues, marginal value in keepers, but is decent pick in dynasties in the mid to late part of the first round of a rookie draft.  Anyone disagree?

830156[/snapback]

I'm not so sure...I see Williamson getting more and more playing time by the middle of this season especially in 3 receiver sets. He should be at least the #3 WR by November and with Robinson's injury problems, could even be the #2...

From a purely fantasy prospective, Williamson has little or no value in re-draft leagues, marginal value in keepers, but is decent pick in dynasties in the mid to late part of the first round of a rookie draft.  Anyone disagree?

830156[/snapback]

I still think its bizarre that we went for so much more than Braylon Edwards in Confusion ...

I still think its bizarre that we went for so much more than Braylon Edwards in Confusion ...

830203[/snapback]

Bizarre???

Braylon Edwards has Trent Dilfer 'trying' to throw him the ball...

Williamson has Culpepper...

Looks like simple math to most folks... :D

830240[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more!!! :D

Bizarre???

830240[/snapback]

But you have to look at the amount of time the player will be targeted ... I think Braylon will catch 2x as many balls as Williamson this next year, and long term his superior talent will win out ...

But you have to look at the amount of time the player will be targeted ... I think Braylon will catch 2x as many balls as Williamson this next year, and long term his superior talent will win out ...

830290[/snapback]

Yeah I agree with you about Braylon.....I think 3 years from now everyone will be talked about how the Vikings passed on Mike Williams.

I think it would be much easier to improve pass catching skills (Williamson) than it would be to learn how to run faster (Williams). :D

Is it possible for Mike Williams to ever be more than what Keyshawn is without blazing speed?

Yeah I agree with you about Braylon.....I think 3 years from now everyone will be talked about how the Vikings passed on Mike Williams.

830291[/snapback]

No, the Lions will be figuring out what to do with an overweight reciever. :D

I think it would be much easier to improve pass catching skills (Williamson) than it would be to learn how to run faster (Williams).  :D

Is it possible for Mike Williams to ever be more than what Keyshawn is without blazing speed?

831026[/snapback]

If my team got a Keyshawn Johnson career (minus the monstrous ego) from the #10 pick overall, I'd be pretty d*mn happy.

Cris Carter did OK being slow; heck, Antonio Freeman had a few good years as well.

Travis Taylor went at 1.10 didn't he? I don't see anything but a good career ahead of Mike Williams. I just wonder if there will be a definite cap on what he can accomplish. He could have a better career than Williamson. But I like the chances better in the fast lane.

williamson has speed, he might provide for an occasitional deep threat to stretch the field this season. burleson gets described as a good #2 receiver, see how he does with some more attention. marcus robinson is an injury magnet. campbell is a crypt of something.

i wouldn't expect much of anything from williamson this year, but the writing is on the wall for dynasty leagues. He has Culpeppa, nough said

travis taylor sounds more appealing by the day

Jsut my opinion of course but I think if your talking keeper league or anything like that Williamson will be a nice pick!! I don't think he will be all that but then again I like the guy!! Look @ A. Boldin in his rookie year!

If you like a gamble pick him up!

I expect more from Williamson than what Qadry Ismail did as a Viking. Ismail was never more than a 3rd receiver.

Ismail's 1st year stats were 19/212/1 and his 2nd year stats were 45/696/5

I'd move Williamson one year ahead of schedule but then to build on what Ismail could do.

Edited by MikesVikes