[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Teams Chances This Year

Chief Dick

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packers

Offense-

I beleive Walker will pull his head out of his :D & Green will rebound from poor season. Despite changing 2 guards I think this unit will be explosive :D

Defense-

:D I think there offense will be explosive :D

To those of you that have commented on the Redskins, I have this to say: you are dead wrong.

No way the defense repeats this year. Their big playmaker from last year is gone (Antonio Pierce) and his replacements aren't nearly as good. They've lost Smoot and likely Sean Taylor as well. They'll finish with a defense ranked between 15 and 20, I bet.

The offense will marginally improve from last year, but not by alot. I think Coles is better than S. Moss, and Gardner (who will be released) is better than David Patten or Jacobs, whoever they put in there. The running game will be better, and Ramsey in there for the whole season should help (Brunell sucked), but it won't help enough.

The best they can finish, in my mind, is 8-8. Their likely finish will be 6-10 again.

And I'm a diehard skins fan too (at least I was before Snyder came to town). I hope they do well, but I don't see it happening.

My Team: San Francisco 49ers

My teams chances in 2005: SLIM & NONE, and Slim just left town :D

Could be looking at the #1 pick again next year. I'm holding on to optimism for the Niners, but it's gonna take some time for this 5 time superbowl champion franchise to regain prominence as a top NFL team.

The Atlanta FalCANS are looking good.

2nd year in the WCO.

Vick will show progress with a consecutive year of the same offense. Continuity baby, it's a wonderful thing!

Mora has put Price on notice that he is not guaranteed a starting WR spot. Hopefully this lights a fire under his underachieving arse!

Mora and staff were content to bring Jenkins along slowly last year. Word out of Flowery Branch is that Jenkins has really progressed and the Coaches are very high on him this year. He is poised to snag one of the starting WR spots.

The FalCANS latest 1st rounder, Roddy White, will probably be developed like Jenkins was last year. Ala slow and steady.

RB position with Dunn & Duckett is rock solid.

Crumpler is there at TE.

O'Line remains the same. While contrary to popular opinion ~ they are not one of the uber elite O'Lines of the NFL ~ continuity always bodes well. It certainly doesn't hurt that Alex Gibbs will not completely retire, but remains with the FalCANS Coaching staff as their O'Line consultant. (One of Mora's' smarter moves was right away grabbing Alex Gibbs, when filling out his staff last year)

Love the acquisition of Edgerton Hartwell for the D.

I'd say, barring catastrophic injuries at key positions ~ re: Vick ~, the FalCANS are a lock to win their Division and advance deep into the playoffs again.

Can they take the next step and represent the NFC in the Super Bowl?

It is definitely not outside the realm of possibility.

To those of you that have commented on the Redskins, I have this to say: you are dead wrong.

No way the defense repeats this year.  Their big playmaker from last year is gone (Antonio Pierce) and his replacements aren't nearly as good.  They've lost Smoot and likely Sean Taylor as well.  They'll finish with a defense ranked between 15 and 20, I bet.

The offense will marginally improve from last year, but not by alot.  I think Coles is better than S. Moss, and Gardner (who will be released) is better than David Patten or Jacobs, whoever they put in there.  The running game will be better, and Ramsey in there for the whole season should help (Brunell sucked), but it won't help enough.

The best they can finish, in my mind, is 8-8.  Their likely finish will be 6-10 again.

And I'm a diehard skins fan too (at least I was before Snyder came to town). I hope they do well, but I don't see it happening.

863288[/snapback]

There are a lot of questions, granted, but the defense doesnt have to play quite as well as last year and still could be a top 5 defense. Pierce wasnt their big playmaker last year--he was a play maker with Washington at LB and I think having Lavar back and everyone else having one year in the system--the defense will show no drop off. Smoot? Good but not great. Played with heart but couldnt hit. No drop off to Walt Harris with our new first round pick nickel back.

Sean Taylor not playing this season? What are you basing that on? There is no way there could even be a trial this season so nothing can happen until next Spring. That just makes no sense. With Bowen back at safety and Taylor with a year under his belt and the secondary will be better than last year and the hardest hitting in the league.

Gardner may be better than Patten, but he doesnt play better. He drops passes. You see anyone going after him? I dont think yer analysis is very accurate although yer 8-8 prediction may be. Now that I have thought about it more.....I'll go out on a limb and put em at 11-5.

Edited by skins

There are a lot of questions, granted, but the defense doesnt have to play quite as well as last year and still could be a top 5 defense. Pierce wasnt their big playmaker last year--he was a play maker with Washington at LB and I think having Lavar back and everyone else having one year in the system--the defense will show no drop off. Smoot? Good but not great. Played with heart but couldnt hit. No drop off to Walt Harris with our new first round pick nickel back.

Sean Taylor not playing this season? What are you basing that on? There is no way there could even be a trial this season so nothing can happen until next Spring. That just makes no sense. With Bowen back at safety and Taylor with a year under his belt and the secondary will be better than last year and the hardest hitting in the league.

Gardner may be better than Patten, but he doesnt play better. He drops passes. You see anyone going after him? I dont think yer analysis is very accurate although yer 8-8 prediction may be. Now that I have thought about it more.....I'll go out on a limb and put em at 11-5.

863387[/snapback]

This is typical homer optimism. I won't try to change your mind; I'll let the skins do that as the season progresses.

Remember that I told you Antonio Pierce will be greatly missed.

This is typical homer optimism.  I won't try to change your mind; I'll let the skins do that as the season progresses.

Remember that I told you Antonio Pierce will be greatly missed.

863408[/snapback]

I agree with you about Pierce being excellent but think the defense will be fine, and will note that I find it doubful yer a fan cause you dont even know Taylor's status. Thats not homer optimism just basic information and you lack it.

What team do you really root for?

Edited by skins

I see the Foreskins in a lot of trouble ... their defense will not be near as good. They will finish 4th in the NFC East.

The Cowboys are using this year as a "gel" year. This year will result in a successfull 2006 campain once all the kinks are worked out in a defensive unit that could dominate. Larry Allen moves to RT which will aid Bledsoe and the running game. They will average 5-7 more points per game this year and give up 5-7 less on defense. Look for Dallas to finish 2nd in the NFC East with a possible wild card berth. Next year the Eagles will have the 2nd spot locked up ...

I see the Foreskins in a lot of trouble ... their defense will not be near as good. They will finish 4th in the NFC East.

The Cowboys are using this year as a "gel" year. This year will result in a successfull 2006 campain once all the kinks are worked out in a defensive unit that could dominate. Larry Allen moves to RT which will aid Bledsoe and the running game. They will average 5-7 more points per game this year and give up 5-7 less on defense. Look for Dallas to finish 2nd in the NFC East with a possible wild card berth. Next year the Eagles will have the 2nd spot locked up ...

863457[/snapback]

:D 5-7 less points on defense?!? Yer on the goofy juice.

The Dallas defense wont be anywhere near as good as the Redskins D. Dallas may be top 15 and Washington will be top 5.

Edited by skins

My team's chances? Slim and none.

The Jets had one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen last year. They beat the teams they were supposed to and lost to every good team they played. The fact that Miami was in complete disarray last year, and the fact that they caught the Bills early in the year before they started playing well is the only reason they were 3-3 in the division and made the playoffs. Kareem McKenzie was a big loss (although I must admit the Giants paid way too much for him), as was Jason Ferguson. Obviously, Pennington and John Abraham are big questionmarks.

Still, I think the Jets will be similar to last year in terms of talent. And hopefully, their offense will be a bit less predictable. The main difference is that Buffalo (Buffalo was playing much better than the Jets down the stretch last year) and Miami are going to be better, and the Jets non-divisional schedule is much tougher than last year. Maybe New England will come back to the pack a bit, but I don't think that's something that can be counted on.

Last year, I predicted 10-6 and a playoff berth and said 11-5 wasn't out of the question if Pennington played exceptionally well. This year, I'll say 7-9, 3rd in the division behind NE and BUF, no playoffs, and NY fans and media screaming for Herm's head by Thanksgiving.

I have read all the above and everyone is the optimist. I will be the first to admit I am biassed for the Cowboys and against all other NFC East teams. Having that said, I am sick and tired about hearing how Gibbs will bring this team back to the playoffs this year. Gibbs is a coach and he needs players. The Redskins' defense will start to crumble this year. Hell, their secondary is already a disaster and they haven't even suffered a training camp injury yet. Please do not try and convince others the Redskins are a playoff team because Gibbs won a superbowl 20 years ago.

Eventually all top teams come back to the pack, it is the way of the NFL. So, spare me the talk of the Eagles going to the Superbowl. They had their run and did not accomplish anything but some division titles. I do not know what will be their ruin this year, but I bet they will "back in" for a wildcard at best. Owens is a huge distractor and if he holds out the Eagles will suffer.

The Cowboys look exactly like one of those teams that come out of nowhere every year. The injuries decimated the group last year. Those players will be back. They improved vastly through the free agency. Most football diehards will agree you must have very good offensive and defensive lines to make it anywhere in the NFL. The Cowboys will have one of the best offensive lines in the league and have an outstanding rotation on the defensive line through the free agent and draft additions. They have shored up their achilles heel of last year by getting good playmakers in the defensive backfield.

Their 6-10 record of last year was really misleading. Five of those losses came after taking a lead into the 4th qtr. Usually Parcells is money when this happens, but he did not have the horses on defense to keep the lead. Now he does. I see Cowboys turning in a 10-6 record and hosting a Wild card game this year.

HITR

All I can say after a miserable offseason in Seattle.......

thank goodness for the miserable offseason in St. Louis.

THe NFC west will still be HORRIBLE (although Arizona looks to be on the verge of taking control).

Not much to say about the Hawks really. Addition by subtraction by releasing Robinson and Simmons. The run D and pass rush AGAIN will be amongst the league's worst. At least the Hawks have the best young defensive backfield in football, which really can't be as good as they are supposed to be as they have to cover for 6 seconds every play due to lack of pass rush.

Offense. Shaun will have another Shaun year. This could be a turning point for Hasselbeck however. Towards the end of last season he looked like a guy who had quite simply had "enough". If the receivers disappoint to start the season, you may see Matt start to press and elevate his interception total. If the older receivers are still fast enough to get open, and D-Jack can hold onto the rock, you could see Hass take his game to another, playoff game WINNING, level.

I'm gonna say the Hawks go 9-7 and win the west by a game over Arizona and St. Louis, both at 8-8.

My team's chances?  Slim and none.

The Jets had one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen last year.  They beat the teams they were supposed to and lost to every good team they played.  The fact that Miami was in complete disarray last year, and the fact that they caught the Bills early in the year before they started playing well is the only reason they were 3-3 in the division and made the playoffs.  Kareem McKenzie was a big loss (although I must admit the Giants paid way too much for him), as was Jason Ferguson.  Obviously, Pennington and John Abraham are big questionmarks.

Still, I think the Jets will be similar to last year in terms of talent.  And hopefully, their offense will be a bit less predictable.  The main difference is that Buffalo (Buffalo was playing much better than the Jets down the stretch last year) and Miami are going to be better, and the Jets non-divisional schedule is much tougher than last year.  Maybe New England will come back to the pack a bit, but I don't think that's something that can be counted on.

Last year, I predicted 10-6 and a playoff berth and said 11-5 wasn't out of the question if Pennington played exceptionally well.  This year, I'll say 7-9,  3rd in the division behind NE and BUF, no playoffs, and NY fans and media screaming for Herm's head by Thanksgiving.

863478[/snapback]

7 wins, Vet? they beat Buffalo twice, SD twice, and certainly should have beated the Ravens. They also should have won the second game against Pitt. It's not like they were dog meat. Ferguson, man, you folks over rate this guy to no end. The reason he looked so good was because DRob was getting doubled half the time. MCKenzie was a good rin blocker, but we haven't even seen Jones yet, and you want to call that a big loss? Way to early. Can Pennington be worse, now that he had the surgery? It's a miracle he played at all last year. Abraham is no more a ? mark than he ever has been, with his "untimely" playoff time injuries.

So, I guess you think Miami will be better than the Jets this year? And Buffalo with a virtual rookie QB will beat us twice? I GARANTEE 9 wins this year. That would be the down side. Hey, one reason Buffalo finished strong was because they didn't play us. Who did the Bills beat when they finished 4-1? Miami, Cincy, Cleveland and Seattle. They lost to Pitt. They were 5-6 until they got into that soft schedule.

Is your user name ChampionshipJets69 at the GangGreen forum?

7 wins, Vet? they beat Buffalo twice, SD twice, and certainly should have beated the Ravens.  They also should have won the second game against Pitt. It's not like they were dog meat. Ferguson, man, you folks over rate this guy to no end. The reason he looked so good was because DRob was getting doubled half the time. MCKenzie was a good rin blocker, but we haven't even seen Jones yet, and you want to call that a big loss? Way to early. Can Pennington be worse, now that he had the surgery? It's a miracle he played at all last year. Abraham is no more a ? mark than he ever has been, with his "untimely" playoff time injuries.

So, I guess you think Miami will be better than the Jets this year? And Buffalo with a virtual rookie QB will beat us twice? I GARANTEE 9 wins this year. That would be the down side. Hey, one reason Buffalo finished strong was because they didn't play us. Who did the Bills beat when they finished 4-1? Miami, Cincy, Cleveland and Seattle. They lost to Pitt. They were 5-6 until they got into that soft schedule.

Is your user name ChampionshipJets69 at the GangGreen forum?

863654[/snapback]

I expect the Jets to split with all divisional opponents..3-3

863657[/snapback]

I think 3-3 in the division is reasonable, but I have them losing to NE twice, beating Miami twice, and splitting with buffalo, although I do believe they have a very good shot at beating what I think is a very over rated Bills team twice.

I'd do a write up on the Saints, but nobody knows what they will do.

I'd expect Deuce to get more carries behind a majorly upgraded run O-line, Horn's #'s will drop a tad, Stallworth will get a few more looks.

On defense, our LB corps is better, Mike McKenzie has helped a ton as will Dwight Smith at S, and we have maybe the top DE rotation in the NFL.

That said, maybe 9-7?

863657[/snapback]

Rovers - I hate to break this to you, but the Bills beat the Jets last year in Buffalo 22-17.

I can see splitting with the Pats, Phins and Bills.

The other 10 games are @KC, Balt, Atl, Carolina and Denver; and home vs. Jacksonville, TB, SD, NO, and OAK.

Compare that to a year ago when they played Cincy, Cleveland, San Francisco, Houston and Arizona. That's not exactly murderer's row! Plus they caught SD in week 2 before the Chargers really got going. The Jets were 5-6 in their last 11 games last year.

I think they have average talent. A few lucky breaks and they could go 9-7, a few unlucky breaks and they could go 6-10. If Pennington comes back full strength and has an MVP-type season, maybe they get another Wildcard berth.

I hope I'm wrong - let's face it anything can happen in the NFL.

Edited by Vet

San Diego Chargers:

The OFFENSE will score points again. LT is a given. Brees has been continuing his off-season conditioning program and is in the best shape of his life. He's motivated to prove that last year was no fluke. Gates at TE is a beast. The WR's are healthy again. Despite last year's injury Caldwell looked very fast at minicamp. McCardell is behaving himself, will have a whole preseason to get more acquainted with the system, and has even taken Caldwell and Eric Parker under his wing to give veteran advice (which they appreciate).

Darren Sproles was ELECTRIC in mini-camp. If you need a SPECIAL TEAMS pick for this year, you could do alot worse than picking SD. Sproles is special.

The question marks for this team are SCHEDULE and DEFENSE.

The schedule is brutal in the middle of the season (Philly, Pittsburgh, NE) plus all the other teams in the division have improved, at least on paper. This makes repeating at 12-4 very unlikely.

The defense is suspect. Lack of a pass rush last year absolutely killed the Chargers. The draft supplied Merriman (if he ever signs) and Castillo who looked good at DE/DT in minicamp. While the linebacking corp. is good, the defensive backfield has alot of unanswered questions on whether they can get the job done. Alot has been printed in the local media that this is the year they need to step up or risk being replaced.

I'm guessing 10-6 for the year, 11-5 with luck.

862963[/snapback]

Would wish for more, but agree ... especially as you mention the schedule, and on the road to boot! Only easy games are their division, and Dallas is coming to town this year, so there is another easy victory ... :D

That AFC West is shaping up to be a tough division this year.

862994[/snapback]

:D How can you say that, everyone else got worse, only the Chargers got better ...

:DHow come there is not a "gone fishing" Smilie? That would be used all the time around here!

Would wish for more, but agree ... especially as you mention the schedule, and on the road to boot!  Only easy games are their division, and Dallas is coming to town this year, so there is another easy victory ...  :D

:D How can you say that, everyone else got worse, only the Chargers got better ...

:D  How come there is not a "gone fishing" Smilie?  That would be used all the time around here!

863792[/snapback]

:D

I havent read all the posts in here but as Far as The Cowboys I like the draft and free agent pick ups. I know The Eagles will still be tough but I thin Dallas can make some noise in the division this year if the Draft does in fact help the D and JJ picks up where he lefy off last year..Bledsoe is good enough and hopefully the wrs can step up a little although I thin Witten will be the threat in the air..I think Dallas got stronger in the off season and I expect to make the playoffs.

I agree with you about Pierce being excellent but think the defense will be fine, and will note that I find it doubful yer a fan cause you dont even know Taylor's status. Thats not homer optimism just basic information and you lack it.

What team do you really root for?

863413[/snapback]

I really root for the redskins. No lie.