[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry Traded to Titans

budlitebrad

Mental note :D Dont draft Titan rb's very early ! :D What a mess this could be. Brown while injured too often was good to have when he was healthy and Henry could have been a great pick if traded to a different team. This makes them both risky picks at very best!

Unless he is the starter, isn't this the same situation as Buffalo?

881842[/snapback]

almost....the difference is the Bills drafted McGahee after already having Henry....

now Henry is in the "McGahee" role and loves the fact that he can spoil someone else's job as what has happened to him...

almost....the difference is the Bills drafted McGahee after already having Henry....

now Henry is in the "McGahee" role and loves the fact that he can spoil someone else's job as what has happened to him...

881851[/snapback]

Yes but Henry is probably only an average RB that plays hard and tough. He will not supplant Chris Brown when both are healthy, but he will have a good shot at playing time with Brown being so injury prone.

And the #1 story under "HEADLINES" on NFL.com [as of 1:15 pm Saturday]:

"Jaguars close to trading for Bills running back Henry"

Good to see NFL.com is on top of things :D

881851[/snapback]

I don't see him being happy there either unless they pay him decent money to be a backup and give him some playing time. Has Travis said anything to the media about being traded to the Titans.

I don't see him being happy there either unless they pay him decent money to be a backup and give him some playing time.  Has Travis said anything to the media about being traded to the Titans.

881878[/snapback]

yea...I don't see him happy either...but he is looking at it like they traded for him so he can unseat Brown...

I guess no other team was offering him that much?..

Yes but Henry is probably only an average RB that plays hard and tough. He will not supplant Chris Brown when both are healthy, but he will have a good shot at playing time with Brown being so injury prone.

881864[/snapback]

My thoughts run along these lines. Something else I haven't seen mentioned a ton (I haven't looked at the rankings or anything yet) is that Brown wasn't very good in short-yardage and goal line situations last year. I'd bet Henry is the goal-line guy period. Brown with yards, Henry with scores, halving the value of both. So unless Brown misses significant time and Henry stays healthy (remember Henry, though tough, hasn't been the most durable either), it'll prolly be the ol' RBBC. Oh, and that doesn't take into account if Nash or Payton shows something and gets significan't time.

as a Brown owner  :D

881868[/snapback]

as a Taylor owner :D

IMO, the Jags have to at least have some confidence in Taylor playing this season if they were not willing to give up a 3rd. Henry may not be spectacular, but he would have still been better than Toefield, Jones or Pearman.

as a Taylor owner :D

IMO, the Jags have to at least have some confidence in Taylor playing this season if they were not willing to give up a 3rd.  Henry may not be spectacular, but he would have still been better than Toefield, Jones or Pearman.

882026[/snapback]

They were willing to give up a third. What would you rather have, the Tiatan's #2 or the Jax #2 next year? Yeah, Buffalo thought so too.

henry had a greed to an extension with jax

if he doesn't get one done, he might be able to kill the deal

882040[/snapback]

not in the NFL. You go where you're traded. Getting you signed to an extension is your new team's problem. Tennessee could have made the trade conditional of a new deal being worked out, but I doubt they would have announced it without said deal being done. . .

I don't see him being happy there either unless they pay him decent money to be a backup and give him some playing time.  Has Travis said anything to the media about being traded to the Titans.

881878[/snapback]

He did play college ball at Tennessee. If Brown goes down, he will be very happy. I'm not even sure if a 100% Chris Brown is better than a 100% Travis Henry. Brown better stay healthy this year if he wants to be the starter for the future.

not in the NFL.  You go where you're traded.  Getting you signed to an extension is your new team's problem.  Tennessee could have made the trade conditional of a new deal being worked out, but I doubt they would have announced it without said deal being done. . .

882043[/snapback]

yea, but why would the Titans trade for him if he's just going to hold out?...

Chris Brown will have some serious motivation to stay healthy. He sure doesn't want to let Henry get a chance and run away with it.

Henry might not want to sign a long-term contract in TEN like he would of in JAX. I think Chris Brown is a restricted FA next year. This might be an expensive backup plan for TEN. Gives them a capable backup right now and gives them some other options when it comes time to talk contract with Chris Brown.

I'm really curious to see if TEN signs Henry long-term. Really got to think Chris Brown is their man. He was tearing up the league with the 100 yd games. TEN just needs a dependable backup for this guy. all they got is a bunch of youngens. I do not think Henry wants to be their dependable backup. Henry will be an unrestricted FA next year