[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Put your apologies here.....

Menudo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry that Big Ben had the worst rating for any QB to win a Superbowl. I am sorry that Big Ben was also "given" a TD that he didn't deserve. I am sorry that Beg Ben couldn't throw a TD and Randel El had to do it for him.

I'm sorry...I wasted my evening with that game.

I'm sorry...that both teams played like crap.

I'm sorry...that the officials were even worse than usual.

I'm sorry...that I think that lots of great Steelers fans got robbed of being fully proud of their team's win because it was such a crappy game.

I'm sorry...that the Seahawks couldn't manage the freaking clock or call a good play to save themselves.

I'm sorry...that the offseason is fully here now.

1307351[/snapback]

Czar, as usual, nailed it.

You know Menudo while you were posting all your "Steelers are #1" rants during the playoffs and the 2 weeks leading up to the SB, I thought you came accross and as big Steeler homer pumped up by his teams success which was fine IMO. Your boys played 3 very tough road games and came out on top. You were psyched for sure and I understood that. Heck if my Dolphins were in that same position, I would of been pumped too. I know you recieved a ton of flack from alot of guys on the boards, most of which was just good natured ball-busting which also IMO is a big part of football and being a fan. Heck I think I even defended your position in one of the threads.

But now with this "put your apologies here" thread you are really coming off as a classless jerk. All your doing is just trying to bait everyone to post something about the game so you can respond with "Steelers Are Champs", "Deal with it..." "The better team won..." etc... You sound alot like the '06 version of UT which is sad. It was nice when that Kate Middleton finally dissapeared but now you taken over his position for some odd reason.

Your team won. Pump your fist, tell 'em I told you so, wave your towel, whatever. But please all this other crap your posting tarnishes your rep on these boards and puts the other Steeler homers in a bad postion of having to defend their team.

Let it go man. Enjoy your off-season. Your boys are world champs. That's it.

I'm sorry that self deluded windbags think people owe them an apology just because they have disagreed with their opinion.

I'm sorry that I just spent 7 months of my life enroute to the big finale which should have been a great game, only to be screwed (yet again) by bad officiating.

I'm sorry that I worship a league that crams Tom Brady down my throat even when he isn't playing.

I would love to be happy for the Steelers and their fans right now, but I am so disgusted at how it happened, all I feel is numb and embarrassed for the NFL. I'm sorry I feel that way.

You know Menudo while you were posting all your "Steelers are #1" rants during the playoffs and the 2 weeks leading up to the SB, I thought you came accross and as big Steeler homer pumped up by his teams success which was fine IMO. Your boys played 3 very tough road games and came out on top. You were psyched for sure and I understood that. Heck if my Dolphins were in that same position, I would of been pumped too. I know you recieved a ton of flack from alot of guys on the boards, most of which was just good natured ball-busting which also IMO is a big part of football and being a fan. Heck I think I even defended your position in one of the threads.

But now with this "put your apologies here" thread you are really coming off as a classless jerk. All your doing is just trying to bait everyone to post something about the game so you can respond with "Steelers Are Champs", "Deal with it..." "The better team won..." etc... You sound alot like the '06 version of UT which is sad. It was nice when that Kate Middleton finally dissapeared but now you taken over his position for some odd reason.

Your team won. Pump your fist, tell 'em I told you so, wave your towel, whatever. But please all this other crap your posting tarnishes your rep on these boards and puts the other Steeler homers in a bad postion of having to defend their team.

1307949[/snapback]

As usual, Canes is right on the money.

Nice work Menudo, anyone who didn't think you were a total loser before, certainly does now. I hear Footballgays is looking for members, why don't you head over there, you'd fit right in with the other pre-schoolers.

As someone who good naturedly busted your balls all season long, you have just proven to me that you have no class. I am done with you, you will never get another response from me. Good luck.

Nice work Menudo, anyone who didn't think you were a total loser before, certainly does now. I hear Footballgays is looking for members, why don't you head over there, you'd fit right in with the other pre-schoolers.

As someone who good naturedly busted your balls all season long, you have just proven to me that you have no class. I am done with you, you will never get another response from me. Good luck.

1307955[/snapback]

+1

I'm sorry...I wasted my evening with that game.

I'm sorry...that both teams played like crap.

I'm sorry...that the officials were even worse than usual.

I'm sorry...that I think that lots of great Steelers fans got robbed of being fully proud of their team's win because it was such a crappy game.

I'm sorry...that the Seahawks couldn't manage the freaking clock or call a good play to save themselves.

I'm sorry...that the offseason is fully here now.

1307351[/snapback]

1307949[/snapback]

I'm sorry that self deluded windbags think people owe them an apology just because they have disagreed with their opinion. 

I'm sorry that I just spent 7 months of my life enroute to the big finale which should have been a great game, only to be screwed (yet again) by bad officiating.

I'm sorry that I worship a league that crams Tom Brady down my throat even when he isn't playing.

I would love to be happy for the Steelers and their fans right now, but I am so disgusted at how it happened, all I feel is numb and embarrassed for the NFL.  I'm sorry I feel that way.

1307954[/snapback]

Three very well said statements quoted here.

Shame you couldn't just have enjoyed your unearned victory instead of pushing everyone's face in it and demanding apologies.

You could have done all this with class... but instead.... You have made it impossible to defend you anymore.

I had no 'rooting' interest in the two teams that played. I was 'rooting' for a good game. Sure didn't get that.

So without further ado.........

I apologize that this year was the year the REF took control and ruined everyone's NFL experience. Regular AND Post-season.

1307955[/snapback]

+1 Unfortunately

(Trying hard to organize my thoughts in a way that expresses my feelings coherently)

I'm not into the whole Jerome Bettis hometown thing. He abandoned him home state; he had the RB job at UM locked up but chose instead to sell his soul to Touchdown Satan. In 1990 the only worse, more traitorous choice imaginable could have been Ohio State. So he sh*t on us -basicly- and now the prodigal son has return with all the love fest a$$-kissing and I have to embrace him? I FORGIVE Jerome Bettis because he's been a model NFL player and a good community spokesman and frankly he's good for Detroit PR, but he left Michigan to play for Notre F*cking Dame. Did everybody forget this betrayal? I guess we just aren't supposed to point out the rampaging elephant in the happy room. Forgiving is the best I can do.

Before the game started it was certainly clear from the overall numbers turnout in Detroit that their fans are far more passionate than Seattle fans. The whole city was Black and Gold and not because Detroit planners had anything to do with the color scheme. Only one city's fan base bothered to show up. Pittsburgh as a city and the people that live there are far easier for me to relate to and understand... passionate sports fans. Football people. Much better than high tech, limp wristed, expensive coffee drinkers from the rainy Pacific Northwest. Pittsburgh... you're like my cousin. Seattle... your first Super Bowl ever and nobody bothers to show up!?!? Last year duing the Pistons-Heat series, I thought Miami was devoid of any sports passion. Seattle is -not worse than Miami, Miami is a Oprahing void- but one step better and certainly not anywhere near as enthusiastic.

Detroit. I love my city. I love my people. Both sides of 8 Mile. We put on a heck of a show and I hope we changed some perceptions around the country. I know we did. It was a really great, great showcasing of our city and we're getting rave reviews from all talking heads and I can't read enough of it. I'm very very proud of being a Detroiter. Or being 8 Mile white trash or whatever I am. I always am, but today especially.

The football game sucked. What can I say, it was sh*t. I thought Seattle was marginally the better team and I think they got jobbed repeatedly. Neither team can say they were better than the other today. What the scoreboard says is tainted. It's embarassing to be a football fan and see the sport puke up these officials in their showcase game. If bad calls are split evenly, you just kind of roll your eyes, accept the results and go about your business. That didn't happen and I can't just get on with pretending.

Something strange happened to me in the 3rd quarter. For all of two weeks and the first two quarters I wanted to see Pittsburgh win. Like I said before ... the people of Seattle don't deserve this anywhere near as much as the people of Pittsburgh do IMO. But sometime through the 3rd quarter I got completly fed up with the officials and began to activly root for the Seahawks. It's not that I suddenly liked them beter than the Steelers. The teams and players of Steelers/Seahawks I like and respect them both equally. It's the people of Pittsburgh hands down over the people of Seattle that I wanted to see win. So I couldn't figure out for a long while why I suddenly wanted Seattle to win.

I beleive now it's because I'm a fan of football. What I was watching was an injustice, a travisty to the sport I sacrificed my left ACL to once upon a time. If Pittsburgh were to win, the win would be sour I couldn't justify in my mind that they were the better team (debatable now that's the problem ... but if Holmgren could have pulled 12 more points out of his ass it would have been clear Seattle was better). I just saw to much sh*t happen to the Seahawks. If Seattle were to overcome everything and win the game, then all was right with football and the better team would have won. Somehow I subconsciously knew that if Pittsburgh were to win it could never be determined if they had earned the title or were handed it.

With Pittsburgh winning, I just feel empty. I don't know who should have won and I can't justify in my mind which team was worthy of the Lombardi trophy. And that sucks. So Pittsburgh fans, I love you guys. You people are awesome. But the Steelers didn't outplay the Seahawks. Many points, and all Seahawk momentum was stripped from them in a game with very lopsided officiating. Pitt got all the calls and it wasn't a fair fight.

Edited by Voltaire

1307949[/snapback]

And 1.

Menudo, you're a good dude, this is beneath you.