[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unefeated Fantasy Season

ghengis_chan

This thread from my reply to "best players you ever owned"...Had Young and TD in 1998 and almost went undefeated..loss in week 12....Won League Championship anyway.... Have 6 League Championships in 12 years of my local redraft league. We draft every year in inverse order of "Regular Season" finish, which means I have had picks 10 and 11 in a 10 team league 6 times. Has anyone out there ever went undefeated in their leagues, what kind of league and who were your studs?

Edited by ghengis_chan

I never have, but was in a league one time where one team did run the regular season table. We were not in the same division so we played only once and it just happened during my bad bye week, and I had a few of my horses in the stable-he waxed me that game. My team was a pretty strong one as well and only had 4 loses. That got me the wildcard, which allowed me to play MR. Undefeated in the 1st round-at full strength this time, well I handed his ass to him by 36 points and rolled to the title. THat to this day is one of the funner leagues I've been in and most likely the sweetest title of all.

The closest I ever came was a 2 losses. I've never seen an undefeated team it in any of my leagues. It is a special thing requiring much skill, luck, and incompetence by your competitors.

was thinking the same thing, Rattsass ... any league w/ an undefeated owner most likely is full of 9 (or 11 or 13) other nincompoops ... or has very luck-oriented scoring ... or some other feature which would want to make me run away as fast as I could ...

was thinking the same thing, Rattsass ... any league w/ an undefeated owner most likely is full of 9 (or 11 or 13) other nincompoops ... or has very luck-oriented scoring ... or some other feature which would want to make me run away as fast as I could ...

fantasy football is based on luck....

2 years ago an owner who knows nothing about fantasy football ended up with Tiki, CuMar and Gates and McNabb...this was 2004...I already drafted 2 TE's and told him Gates might be good....and to grab him in the 17th round...

HUGH MISTAKE.....plus CuMar and Tiki deciding not to fumble almost the entire season...

that is luck....but I aced him in the playoffs after he swept me in the season series...

I think FF has more to do with luck than anything......but down the stretch...your team management is the most important factor...

I don't want to steal Borge007's thunder, but last year he went undefeated to take the BOTH H.O.T. (Huddle Old Timers) league and then the H.A.G. playoff title (an incredible acomplishment!!! :D ).

I'll leave it to him to give you his record and lineup.

I don't want to steal Borge007's thunder, but last year he went undefeated to take the BOTH H.O.T. (Huddle Old Timers) league and then the H.A.G. playoff title (an incredible acomplishment!!! :D ).

...and, occasionally, an owner in a league w/ other solid owners and 'normal' scoring rules can catch lightening in a bottle...

Never seen undefead either but last seaon I almost did. One dude on our league won his first 12 games and lost in week 13. 12-1 is the best i've seen.

FYI he went on to loose after his 1st round bye in the playoffs to our 2nd wild card team.

Alot of luck on many weekly matchups. Drafted Palmer, Holmes, L. Johnson, F. Taylor(good several weeks!), S. Jackson, and Crumpler. First time I was ever undefeated. Hoping for a repeat! :D Won't happen. I just hope I didn't use up ALL my luck last year in HOT. Oops- I also drafted Harrison and A. Bryant.

Edited by borge007

I was in a league that played the full 17 week schedule. Went 16-1 and won the whole thing. It was the year Edge was a rookie, and also the year Eddie George had a monster year. I had them both. Oh, and I picked up some no-name Kurt Warner guy on waivers after week one.

I couldn't even tell you the rest of my roster.

I was in a league that played the full 17 week schedule. Went 16-1 and won the whole thing. It was the year Edge was a rookie, and also the year Eddie George had a monster year. I had them both. Oh, and I picked up some no-name Kurt Warner guy on waivers after week one.

I couldn't even tell you the rest of my roster.

:D 1999

Some good points, as Mr. Undefeated played in a division that was mediocre to begin with and then some of the teams had injuries to key players, so he had 6 gift wins, then like my team he caught me in the bye week dooldrums as well as few other teams. If memory serves, he got lucky on Thanksgiving when someone didn't get there line-ups in etc. He didn't really steam roll everybody but just caught the better teams at the right times and just got some plain dumb luck as well.

Lost in week 3 last year in my local IDP money league. That was my only loss all year. Won the regular season and league championship titles, both of which had a nice payout. That prize money went toward the down payment on my new house. :D

Last year, I won the first 8 games of the season. In the first eight weeks, I won by a single point three different times. After week 8, I had the 8-0 and the next best in the league was 5-3. Nobody ever had a better W-L record than I did at any point of the season. But I only finished 10-4 the same record as a division opponent who outscored me by almost 20%. My 565 points during the season was only the 4th best in the league. The division opponent almost scored 100 points more than I did and he outscored everyone by over 50.

It's very hard to win all the time when you have players on your team that have good weeks and then bad weeks. Especially when you draft in the 8th spot and your opponents have bigger studs than you do.

I myself have had 2 one loss seasons and a couple of 2 loss seasons....Our league is 10 Team performance with 16 man rosters, we re-draft every year by inverse order of regular season finish.. We have been together for 12 years with 7 original members. Everyone is die-hard cutthroat players who aren't afraid to draft your stud's backups late in the draft. We have a blast and are all very good friends. No one has ever gone undefeated and on rare occassion finish with less than 2-3 losses. We play standard 13 game season with playoffs in weeks 14-16. Thought this might be a good thread and was just curious how often it happens. I think that it might be easier in a keeper league with some good drafts and trades over a period of a few years. Thanks for all your replies.

Had 2 different 1 loss teams

Dynasty team in '02. I lost to the worst team in the league, by 1 point. Ran through the playoffs and won the superbowl.

Team had McNabb, Priest, SA, Ricky Williams, Tiki, Boston, Mason, Coles. Won by an average of 24.84 points. Lucky end was the fewest points scored against for the season. My 2004 team with many of the same starters, scored more total points, and I missed the playoffs with a few blowout wins, and close losses.

My redraft team '01, had McNabb, Faulk, Ricky Williams, SA, Gonzales, Boston. I don't remember some of the others. SA was drafted around round 12 in his breakout year. Boston's huge year as well, and was my 3rd best receiver. I traded Isaac Bruce for McNabb after week 3 and didn't lose after that. Scored 180 points twice and above 150 two more times. Nobody has scored 150 points in a week in the 9 years this league has been running with the same format/scoring.

Yeah he went undefeated in our league and then won the HAG battle royale, outscoring the other 3 HAG champions, but it was close. He was sweating the final game if I remember correctly.

Have never seen it happen in a normal league, but was in the 32 more homers league where Cap Hook went 16-0 before losing in playoffs.

In 2003, the first year I won my local redraft league, one of the guys lost their opening game and ran the table the rest of the way until I crushed him in the Superbowl. It was almost heartbreaking for the guy, but I had LT2 and Jamal Lewis in his 2000+ season and the playoffs were a personal best run.

For what its worth, in 2004, the same guy won it all with a team that was nowhere near as good on paper.

It really does come down to luck. You can't know where or when the injuries are going to come.

You draft your best...work like hell and hope for the best.

Good luck in 06

Hardrocker