[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow

DMD

I was appalled but not shocked. Haynesworth has always been a dirty player his entire career. Back in college in got into a fight at practice with an offensive lineman. Coach Fulmer sent him to the locker room. He returned a couple minutes later with a baseball bat! The Vols coaching staff had to restrain him. Since joining the Titans he has had numerous fights with team mates and opponents. He had supposedly grown up this year, but I guess that was wrong. He should be suspended without pay for a few games for this brutal act. Either than or wear a Cowboys jersey for 1 solid week....

Edited by spain

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just listened to the post game press conferences of Jeff Fisher and of Haynesworth. First, Fisher apoligized to the player, Coach Parcells, and the entire Cowboys organization. He said there is no place in the game for that sort of thing and he expects a stiff penalty from the league. He also said the team would impose their own sanctions. Fisher is extremely pissed especially since Haynesworth is said to have matured this year and was alledgedly a team leader.

In Haynesworth's defense, he didnt shower and leave after he was ejected. He stayed and faced his teammates and the media. And he sounded genuinely contrite. He said he embarrassed his team, his family, and especially his kids. He said he epects a severe penalty from the league. It doesnt excuse his actions one bit, but he said the sort of things I wanted to hear from a player who just did probably the worst thing I can ever recall on a football field.

I have seen the video several times and it is sickening to me. I believe the league should suspend him for multiple games and fine him those game checks. What that exact number of games is, I cant say but 4 games sounds about right to me. What does everyone else think?

He had better be suspended for the rest of the season........period. I watched this game with my 7 and 10 year old and they were freaked out by this. My 7 year old is getting into football this year and he couldn't believe his eyes.

The effect that such behavior has on kids is amazing. Its bad enough this oh poopye goes on off the field. (See evening news) and now our children have to see this act of violence on the field.

I am looking for a years suspension with no pay.........................in fact cut his a$$.

Tennessee will always be more than one yard short of ever being in the same class as the Dallas Cowboys. The thugs in Tennessee should be forced to move back to Houston with their pitiful owner, Bud Adams, who himself doesn't even want to see this team play full-time in person. After a year or two, they will be disbanded as even the lowly Houston Texans outplay and outclass them.

Lance Rentzel, Rafael Septien, Micheal Irvin, Erik Williams, Hollywood Henderson, Jones firing of Landry....

....yeah, that's a high bar of class to hurdle. :D

4 games and checks would be about right, but I could easily see the league handing down something more than that. I won't have a problem with anything 4 or more though. Clearly a viscious act on his part.

I am trying to think of the dirtiest and most vicious play like that that I can recall. The only one that comes to mind is the one where the defensive lineman for the Packers body slammed a quarterback back in the early 1990's I believe.. I cant recall his name but it drew a suspension and a fine. Can anyone else think of anything close to what Haynesworth did today because I am drawing a complete blank. I am trying to get some context as to what sort of punishment similar offenses have drawn, if indeed there have been incidences quite like this one.

BTW, I think it is possible, although not likely, that Haynesworth is suspended for the remainder of the season. If the punishment is that severe, I can promise you that the Titans would NOT appeal the decision based on what I heard Jeff Fisher say this afternoon. He completely went off on Haynesworth and was totally embarrased by what happened. He said the team would punish the player over and above whatever the league does. Now, I do believe that Haynesworth would appeal a year long ban.

I am trying to think of the dirtiest and most vicious play like that that I can recall. The only one that comes to mind is the one where the defensive lineman for the Packers body slammed a quarterback back in the early 1990's I believe.. I cant recall his name but it drew a suspension and a fine.

Charles Martin on Jim McMahon in 1986. 2 game suspension.

Lance Rentzel, Rafael Septien, Micheal Irvin, Erik Williams, Hollywood Henderson, Jones firing of Landry....

....yeah, that's a high bar of class to hurdle. :D

Don't leave out big Nate Newton.

I am trying to think of the dirtiest and most vicious play like that that I can recall. The only one that comes to mind is the one where the defensive lineman for the Packers body slammed a quarterback back in the early 1990's I believe.. I cant recall his name but it drew a suspension and a fine. Can anyone else think of anything close to what Haynesworth did today because I am drawing a complete blank. I am trying to get some context as to what sort of punishment similar offenses have drawn, if indeed there have been incidences quite like this one.

That was DT Charles Martin body-slamming Jim McMahon in '86. Essentially deep-sixed McMahon's career (he was never anything more than either a stopgap starter or veteran backup after that) and halted any hope the Bears had of a dynasty - Flutie and Tomczak just weren't the same level of player as McMahon.

Charles Martin on Jim McMahon in 1986. 2 game suspension.

That was DT Charles Martin body-slamming Jim McMahon in '86. Essentially deep-sixed McMahon's career (he was never anything more than either a stopgap starter or veteran backup after that) and halted any hope the Bears had of a dynasty - Flutie and Tomczak just weren't the same level of player as McMahon.

Yep, thats the one I was thinking of. But even that play, while dirty as he11, still doesnt rise to the level of what Haynesworth did today in my opinion. If Martin got 2 games, then Haynesworth deserves 4 at a minimum. Again 4 sounds about right to me but I have no idea what the league will do. Here is one of the first highly public political sort of decisions that the new commisioner gets to make. Welcome to the NFL Mr. Commishioner!

It was stupid and vicious. There is nothing more cowardly and immature than stepping on the helmetly head of somebody when they are down.

There is no excuse for that kind of behavior and no amount of contrition expressed by Hanseworth changes how horrible an act it was. The contrition expressed after the fact smacks more of damage control.

Why am I the first person to believe he should be kicked out of the league?

Seriously, tell me why he shouldn't??

If someone who worked for you did that to a co-worker would you fire them of fine them a week's salary?

This goes way beyond football and a fine and/or suspension. Haynesworth meant to step on his head, it wasn't an accident. I don't care if it took place during an NFL game, this is something that is against the law. He basically stabbed the guy in the head. A little lower and he could have hit his eye or even his neck and possibly killed the guy. There is no room for this in any sport and these kinds of actions should not be dealt with by the NFL or the team. They should be taken care of in court and this guy should go to jail for what he did. I don't care how sorry he is, he should be out of football forever. Apparently this guy has a history of violence from what people posted in this thread.