[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow

DMD

Boot the dumb a a s s out of the league! Luckily he's in the NFL, cuz' if that was real life and he was angry or whatever, he probably would've killed somebody instead of stepping on their head w/a cleat on.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee will always be more than one yard short of ever being in the same class as the Dallas Cowboys. The thugs in Tennessee should be forced to move back to Houston with their pitiful owner, Bud Adams, who himself doesn't even want to see this team play full-time in person. After a year or two, they will be disbanded as even the lowly Houston Texans outplay and outclass them.

You're an idiot

Question....take a step back from the situation....is all this chatter about the incident simply because he was caught on tape doing it? As I stated earlier, there have been lots of stories about attacks in the pileups. And some people just are like "that guy is ruthless....or that guy is just crazy". Should every guy that has done something "dirty" or "underhanded" be automaticallly expelled from the league? I'm not defending the action (again, I stated my stance earlier), I'm just asking.....

To answer BOTH of your questions millerx:

1. Yes--if it wasn't caught on tape, we would not be chattering.

2. No--what he did was ignorant and caught on tape. It's like asking the question: "Would you hear a tree fall in a forest if nobody was around?"

Bottom line--Haynesworth is a thug that is lucky to be in the NFL. If it was or wasn't caught on tape, he's a thug. Anger management classes are in his future--whether he's playing in the NFL or not. I hope they throw the book at the dumb f uc ck

This was not a cheap shot, was not a dirty hit, this was CRIMINAL ASSAULT....and the fact that he went down and took the man's helmet off shows you everything you need to know...

The authorities need to take a long look at this....

This is the football version of marty McSorley going up against a guys head with a hockey stick. Thats the best analogy I can think of in sports. Nothing in the NFL comes to mind.

I agree that it was a cowardly act and he should be suspended.

I'm curious how other NFL players will view the incident.

Are they likely to be just as outraged - after all they're in a career dependent on them to stay healthy. Stupid stunts like that could end someone's career.

Or, do you think NFL players would be more likely to forgive such an act than us, the fans, because they're used to training themselves to be agressive and might be more sympathetic to a "getting caught up in the moment" defense.

Note, I'm not defending the action and think such a rationale is bulloh poopy - I'm just wondering how players will view this. Also, do you think people will play him differently (obviously won't turn their backs after a play) or attempt retaliation if/when this momo returns.

Monday, 10/02/06

Haynesworth stomp stuns Fisher

Disciplinary action could exceed NFL's

By DAVID CLIMER

Senior Writer

Albert Haynesworth's kick to the head of a helmet-less Dallas player likely will result in action from the NFL office that could include a fine, a suspension or both.

Meanwhile, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher called Haynesworth's action "unacceptable," and left open the possibility that the team could add disciplinary action of its own.

"If the league doesn't handle it appropriately or if the league doesn't handle it, the club will also handle it from a disciplinary standpoint," Fisher said. " … There is no place for that type of conduct. I apologize to the Cowboys, to the player and the Cowboys organization for his conduct."The play occurred with 11:53 remaining in the third quarter when Haynesworth stomped on the head of Cowboys center Andre Gurode, whose helmet had come off during or after a 5-yard touchdown run by Julius Jones.

Gurode later said he was kicked twice, opening a gash on his forehead and a cut beneath his eye. Both cuts required stitches.

"We had run a play and my helmet came off," Gurode said. "They said he kicked my head and his shoe just came down over my face. He kicked me twice.

"I got stitches above my forehead and right beneath my eye. In all my years of football, this has never happened to me. I've never been kicked in the face like this and I've never seen anybody kick nobody else in the face."

Gurode called Haynesworth's actions "pretty blatant."

"If it was, the commissioner will deal with it," he said.

Haynesworth was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. When he complained to officials and threw his helmet to the ground, he drew another 15-yard penalty and was kicked out of the game.

A contrite Haynesworth addressed reporters in the Titans locker room and issued an apology for his conduct, which he called "disgusting" and "senseless."

He also hinted that he expected action from the NFL.

"I deserve it because I did it and it's wrong," he said. "That's not how it's supposed to be played. …

"I definitely let the team down because I got kicked out. I'm not apologizing because I got caught. I'm apologizing because of what I did. Even if I didn't get caught, it still makes me sick."

Fox Sports sideline reporter and analyst Tony Siragusa, a former defensive tackle for the Ravens, criticized Haynesworth during the telecast and later called the action "cowardly" and "an embarrassment."

"I played the position for a long time and that's not how you handle something like that," Siragusa said. "If you want to take a shot at somebody, you do it during the play.

"If you want to hit somebody, you let him protect himself. If a guy is on the ground and his helmet's off — that's inexcusable." •

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../610020368/1027

Monday, 10/02/06

Haynesworth stomp stuns Fisher

Disciplinary action could exceed NFL's

By DAVID CLIMER

Senior Writer

Albert Haynesworth's kick to the head of a helmet-less Dallas player likely will result in action from the NFL office that could include a fine, a suspension or both.

Meanwhile, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher called Haynesworth's action "unacceptable," and left open the possibility that the team could add disciplinary action of its own.

"If the league doesn't handle it appropriately or if the league doesn't handle it, the club will also handle it from a disciplinary standpoint," Fisher said. " … There is no place for that type of conduct. I apologize to the Cowboys, to the player and the Cowboys organization for his conduct. The play occurred with 11:53 remaining in the third quarter when Haynesworth stomped on the head of Cowboys center Andre Gurode, whose helmet had come off during or after a 5-yard touchdown run by Julius Jones.

Gurode later said he was kicked twice, opening a gash on his forehead and a cut beneath his eye. Both cuts required stitches.

"We had run a play and my helmet came off," Gurode said. "They said he kicked my head and his shoe just came down over my face. He kicked me twice.

"I got stitches above my forehead and right beneath my eye. In all my years of football, this has never happened to me. I've never been kicked in the face like this and I've never seen anybody kick nobody else in the face."

Gurode called Haynesworth's actions "pretty blatant."

"If it was, the commissioner will deal with it," he said.

Haynesworth was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. When he complained to officials and threw his helmet to the ground, he drew another 15-yard penalty and was kicked out of the game.

A contrite Haynesworth addressed reporters in the Titans locker room and issued an apology for his conduct, which he called "disgusting" and "senseless."

He also hinted that he expected action from the NFL.

"I deserve it because I did it and it's wrong," he said. "That's not how it's supposed to be played. …

"I definitely let the team down because I got kicked out. I'm not apologizing because I got caught. I'm apologizing because of what I did. Even if I didn't get caught, it still makes me sick."

Fox Sports sideline reporter and analyst Tony Siragusa, a former defensive tackle for the Ravens, criticized Haynesworth during the telecast and later called the action "cowardly" and "an embarrassment."

"I played the position for a long time and that's not how you handle something like that," Siragusa said. "If you want to take a shot at somebody, you do it during the play.

"If you want to hit somebody, you let him protect himself. If a guy is on the ground and his helmet's off — that's inexcusable." •

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../610020368/1027

The bolded section above speaks volumes to me ... when flagged for stomping on Gurode's head Haynesworth whined and complained to the officials like he didn't deserve to be penalized. He only expressed contrition after the being ejected from the game and coming the realization of how serious the world and the NFL was taking his action (i.e. after getting caught).

The bolded section above speaks volumes to me ... when flagged for stomping on Gurode's head Haynesworth whined and complained to the officials like he didn't deserve to be penalized. He only expressed contrition after the being ejected from the game and coming the realization of how serious the world and the NFL was taking his action (i.e. after getting caught).

Normally, I would agree with you here Blitz. But in this case, I actually believe that he is generally sorry for what he did. And again, I am not an Albert Haynesworth fan. I thought he was a thug when he played for the Vols, and I didnt even want the Titans to draft him. Not because I didnt think he would be a good player, but because he is an immature punk. But I watched and heard his entire press conference and dude was holding back tears talking about his kids. He wasnt asking for a lighter sentence, he was saying that what he did was horrible.

Edited by spain

Normally, I would agree with you here Blitz. But in this case, I actually believe that he is generally sorry for what he did. And again, I am not an Albert Haynesworth fan. I thought he was a thug when he played for the Vols, and I didnt even want the Titans to draft him. Not because I didnt think he would be a good player, but because he is an immature punk. But I watched and heard his entire press conference and dude was holding back tears talking about his kids. He wasnt asking for a lighter sentence, he was saying that what he did was horrible.

Sorry, I have to disagree. His response immediately after stomping on Gurode's head was not remorse ... it was to whine and complain that he should not have been penalized. Why would he think he shouldn't be penalized if what he did was "disgraceful"?

No, the contrition expressed at his press conference was more of a reaction to the negative consequences he realizes he set himself up for than for the actual act itself. He had plenty of time after being ejected to consider the consequences of his actions and to consider how to present a politically correct response in the press conference. Certainly I believe that he feels sorry that his kids will find out about his reprehinsible actions ... but again he is feeling remorse for the negative consequences of his actions, not remorse for the actual act itself.

anything less than a season suspension is weak in my opinion. If I was the victim here, I'd be going after him in civil court as well. If he had caught his eye, he could have ended his career.

I don't care if he is remorseful (and I doubt he is). Sometimes being sorry just isn't enough.

That has to be the most gutless play I have ever seen in professional sports. When Bertuzzi attacked Steve Moore he did not intentionally drive his head into the ice. It ended up that way and Bertuzzi was suspended the rest of the year and also criminal charges were brought against him.

Haynesworth should definitely get criminal charges filed against him for assault. He essentially used his cleats as a weapon. He should be suspended for the rest of the season without pay and then have to file for reinstatement next year. Although he will probably get 4 games without pay from the NFL.

Gurode needed 30 STITCHES!!!!!!! That was just on the top of his melon...I didn't catch what ESPN said about the other laceration. I agree that Haynesworth was sorry for his actions--but a little to late. Hope your kids visit you in jail.

Speaking of gutless, why didnt any of Gurode's Cowboys teammates rush to defend him? Nobody from the Cowboys said one word to Haynesworth, they just stood around and watched him crush a defenseless teammates forehead in. I know he is a big dude, but no way do you just punk out and let another teams player try to kill one of your players without at least trying to fight him off. Yes, Haynesworths actions were cowardly, but not nearly as cowardly as the inaction of Gurode's cowboy teammates....

I was thinking the same thing at first, but after watching the replay again it looks like all his teammates were in the end zone celebrating the touchdown. It doesn't look like they realized what happened.

When there is this type of "out of the realm of normal" behavior, can we expect any kind of investigation into possible steroid (or other chemical enhancement) use? Normal people do not let rage consume them so much that they cannot reason that stomping on someone's unprotected head with a cleat is wrong. Am I out of line to speculate on that given the circumstances?

When there is this type of "out of the realm of normal" behavior, can we expect any kind of investigation into possible steroid (or other chemical enhancement) use? Normal people do not let rage consume them so much that they cannot reason that stomping on someone's unprotected head with a cleat is wrong. Am I out of line to speculate on that given the circumstances?

Football is a very physical and emotional sport. I dont necessarily think you have to be roid raging to kick another player in the head. I think he got caught up in the moment and let his anger and emotions take over. I wouldnt be surprised if they tested him for roids, but I bet that isnt what caused Haynesworth to act out in such a horrible fashion.

Denying the fact that the Dallas Cowboys are a bunch of cowards and punks who wont even defend their own player who lies defenseless and bleeding on the ground as the Titans crush his skull in.

:D

:D

I know you are fishing, but, after watching the video, several Cowboys didn't even see it. The few that did started to go after Haynesworth and the refs pulled Hayensworth away at that point.