[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's jerseys would you want to put up in your son's room?

muck

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think u cant go wrong with Joe Montana.

"Arguably" the best QB to play the game.

CLUTCH as any other football player to have played

Clean cut guy on and off the field

I doubt u can find 1 guy who has played in the NFL to say 1 bad thing about Joe.

Super Bowl MVP

You cant ask for any more..

IMHO, one cannot go wrong with these two:

Baseball: Derek Jeter. Leadership extrordinaire...a winner. (My 4-month old daughter already has two)

Football: Walter Payton. Sweetness, courage and class on and off the field, playing the sport and battling life.

I never really considered Payton until I had to think about it as a result of this thread...

Current LT, Tillman, Marino, Lott, Starr, Sweetness, Allworth, Charlie Joiner, Unitas, Fouts, Butkis, Rodney Harrison, Tony Gonzales, Jim Otto (00), The Hogs (all of them), Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, Doug Wilkerson, Reggie White

:D

Thanks for the great ideas so far.

Ideally, I'd like to have two or three basketball players, two or three baseball players and two or three football players.

FWIW, the autographed Ted Williams jersey and the autographed Joe DiMaggio jersey are staying in my office. :D

...Tony Gonzales...

One thing about Gonzo, for example, is that I'm pretty sure he's known to be a serial womanizer around town. That's one reason Derrick Thomas isn't on my list ... fwiw ... Would "serial womanizing" throw anyone else on the list that's been mentioned so far?

Edited by muck

Vick <snip> and Urlacher

Not gonna promote Ron Mexico, the guy who routinely throws teammates and coaches under the bus, or the guy who used to bang Paris Hilton. No thanks.

I'm looking for guys like Walter Payton; one woman men who played HARD and with lots of pride.

You know, It's going to be very hard to find many people who are so squeaky clean, almost everyone has problems in their past...you just don't know of it, but on that note, why not Tiki Barber or Warrick Dunn?

Edited by CD6405

Remember ... I'm looking for 4-6 spamshirts and would like to represent the three main sports (although, I do like the Messier call).

Anyone I should take off of the list of candidates?

Anyone I should specifically keep on the list?

Anyone I should add to the list?

So, here are the guys that have been mentioned, by sport (in alphabetical order):

Baseball:

Hank Aaron

Roger Clemens

Lou Gehrig

Derek Jeter

Randy Johnson

Greg Maddux

Albert Pujols

Cal Ripken Jr.

Jackie Robinson

Nolan Ryan

Basketball:

Larry Bird

David Robinson

Bill Russell

John Stockton

Football:

Troy Aikman

Lance Allworth

Shaun Alexander

Ronde Barber

Tiki Barber

Tom Brady

Dick Butkis

Tony Dorsett

Warrick Dunn

Brett Favre

Dan Fouts

Eddie George

Marvin Harrison

Matt Hasselbeck

Priest Holmes

Torry Holt

Charlie Joiner

Steve Largent

Ronnie Lott

Peyton Manning

Dan Marino

Donovan McNabb

Joe Montana

Jim Otto

Carson Palmer

Walter Payton

Troy Polamalu

Jerry Rice

Barry Sanders

Emmitt Smith

Bart Starr

Roger Staubauch

Pat Tillman

Johnny Unitas

Reggie White

Roy Williams (DAL)

Steve Young

Edited by muck

Remember ... I'm looking for 4-6 spamshirts and would like to represent the three main sports (although, I do like the Messier call).

Anyone I should take off of the list of candidates?

Anyone I should specifically keep on the list?

Anyone I should add to the list?

So, here are the guys that have been mentioned, by sport (in alphabetical order):

Baseball:

Hank Aaron

Roger Clemens

Lou Gehrig

Derek Jeter

Randy Johnson

Greg Maddux

Albert Pujols

Cal Ripken Jr.

Jackie Robinson

Nolan Ryan

Basketball:

Larry Bird

David Robinson

Bill Russell

John Stockton

Football:

Troy Aikman

Lance Allworth

Shaun Alexander

Ronde Barber

Tiki Barber

Tom Brady

Dick Butkis

Tony Dorsett

Warrick Dunn

Brett Favre

Dan Fouts

Eddie George

Marvin Harrison

Matt Hasselbeck

Priest Holmes

Torry Holt

Charlie Joiner

Steve Largent

Ronnie Lott

Peyton Manning

Dan Marino

Donovan McNabb

Joe Montana

Jim Otto

Carson Palmer

Walter Payton

Troy Polamalu

Jerry Rice

Barry Sanders

Emmitt Smith

Bart Starr

Roger Staubauch

Pat Tillman

Johnny Unitas

Reggie White

Roy Williams (DAL)

Steve Young

Bill Romanowski maybe? :D

Nahhh, just kidding.

Messier in hockey is good, as is Lemieux.

Hoops, I gotta go Bird or maybe Maravich. If current, then Nowitzki or Nash.

Baseball I like the Clemens pick or maybe Nolan Ryan, or Johnny Bench. From your son's era I like Pujols a lot.

Football throwbacks maybe Payton, Jim Brown, Montana or Elway and if current, then Manning and maybe Favre.

Packer fan here, but gotta vote against Favre. I love the guy, one of the greatest, toughest passers of all time, and for that I want my sons to know who he is. I'm not so sure about his football decision making skills though.

First, I'll dismiss the Vicodin addiction as a football player needing to take pain medication and it is a highly addictive drug.

Second, he's fixed this one, but the fact is he knocked up his girlfriend out of wedlock and didn't marry her for a LOOOONG time. Favre, Chmura and Winters used to close down the bars in Appleton and Green Bay well into the mid 1990's and keep women for after hours parties. Favre wasn't married, but he did have a daughter with Deanna and I think they were dating. I don't think she was in GB at the time.

Brett is a very good family man now, but he didn't start out that way. Maybe that is the lesson and maybe that makes him a role model in today's society when so many men aren't responsible for their families. I guess my values say he should have done the right thing at 18-20 instead of fixing the error later. :D