[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cookware sets

devilwoman

I was gonna just come post this question.

What are good brands, etc. for a new pot/pan set, what sort of things should I look for?

Would like something that could transfer from the stove top to the oven.

like minded I guess :D

yeah can someone suggest a brand or does it really matter...just go with the all clad and or caphalon no matter what brand...?

all clad and caphalon

My pride and joy is a very large calphalon sauce pan. My wife doesn't understand when I yell at her for using the other inferior pans in the cupboard. :D

Luckily I got it for a wedding gift and didn't have to take out a second mortgage on it.

DW,

I have two sets plus open stock of Anolon Classic. Awesome stuff and can go in the oven as well. It is nonstick and I can do pretty much everything with it. Pan sauce, searing, etc.

Peanuts for $'s vs. All Clad, etc. Linen N Things sells the sets on sale cheap at times. Both 8pc, 10pc, and maybe a larger set.

If you need proof, PM me your address and I'll send you an 8" omellette pan. No kidding. I have that much of this chit. :D

Why do you stay away from non-stick for everyday use?...just wondering...

there is a big difference in searing. when you sear proteins in a "regular" pan you get little particles that stick to the pan called fonds. these fonds hold a lot of potential for flavor in sauces..... you deglaze the pan with liquid (stock, wine, water, etc) to release it and create sauces in that pan.

there is a big difference in searing. when you sear proteins in a "regular" pan you get little particles that stick to the pan called fonds. these fonds hold a lot of potential for flavor in sauces..... you deglaze the pan with liquid (stock, wine, water, etc) to release it and create sauces in that pan.

I'm pretty fond of my fonds. Very flavorful.

every good chef should have one or two well seasoned cast iron pans IMO. use mine a lot in a lot of different ways, even bake cornbread etc. in them

:D i have 2. and cornbread was one of the functions of cast iron i was thinking of. i wouldn't recommend it as a primary pan. great as part of a set. :D