[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL says "no" to Britney Spears

URLACHERisGOD

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, am I the only one here who likes the Purple Rain-era Prince? I mean, the guy's a weirdo and all, but what talented singer/songwriter isn't?

Not at all. I'll throw out being a big fan of his early run of albums, up until Lovesexy (which is excellent btw) or shortly thereafter. In fact, my second conert was the Pruple Rain tour (1st being Born in the USA).

I will say this: chances are good that this era of Prince will not be showing up at halftime.

Although if he opened with "Darling Nicki" they're going to have problems. :D

Not at all. I'll throw out being a big fan of his early run of albums, up until Lovesexy (which is excellent btw) or shortly thereafter. In fact, my second conert was the Pruple Rain tour (1st being Born in the USA).

I will say this: chances are good that this era of Prince will not be showing up at halftime.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. It'll probably be more along the line of the Stones' performance last year. I'm sure that they were a great live band back in the '60s and '70s, but they're completely washed up now.

That said, I'll take the geriatric Stones and an over-the-hill Prince over Britney any day.

Although if he opened with "Darling Nicki" they're going to have problems. :D

:D Um, yeah, the FCC would probably block the SB halftime show for the next decade.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Wow, am I the only one here who likes the Purple Rain-era Prince? I mean, the guy's a weirdo and all, but what talented singer/songwriter isn't?

Guy is one of the most underated guitar players and an immensely talented musician. That being said, I hope he actually plays the guitar and doesn't decide to dance around.

Guy is one of the most underated guitar players and an immensely talented musician. That being said, I hope he actually plays the guitar and doesn't decide to dance around.

I agree..His last saturday night live appearance was awesome..He was going off on guitar..He really is a great player.

Price was awsome pre-(insert goofy symbol here) era!

I remember reading or participating on a discussion about the goofy symbol. Apparently it had to do with his record contract. The record company he was with was holding him back from producing records at the pace he wanted. When he threatened to leave the record company, they told him that they owned his name for the remainder of the contract.

So he became a goofy symbol until the contract expired.

I never liked him during his peak, but in college in the early 90s, this hippie guy I knew was a hardcore fan who collected live show bootlegs and made some amazing cassettes for me.

In retrospect, the whole mishmash of styles and sounds is/was amazing. Easily the most innovative American musician/songwriter outside of Bob Dylan (and possibly Dr. Dre).

He is an amazing musician. You aren't the only one. :D