[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WCOFF- payouts this year and next season?

Zooty

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. But it looks like they have their funds in escrow.

I've done the FFPC draft in Vegas since they started 3 years ago. Dave and Alex are experienced HSFF players and have improved the event each year. They've always been prompt with their payouts, but this year if you pay with a bank transfer, they'll send your prize money to you via the same method. Can't get much quicker. Also, if you're missing some of the good customer service that was part of WCOFF back in the day, you'll be happy to know that Chris Lambert joined the FFPC last year.

I never did WCOFF, but I know there's a lot of WCOFF veterans participating, so you'll probably see a lot of familiar faces.

All their main event prize money is put in escrow. However, the satellite prize money is not.

I have also drafted with the FFPC since day one. Class act event. Super fast payment and lots of cool ancillary contests to choose from as well. You absolutely cannot go wrong with the FFPC. Also, they have announced today (prior to the WCOFF annoucement i believe and perhaps "forcing" the WCOFF announcement to some extent?) that their grand prize will increase from $100k to $200k if they reach 660 entries and league prizes will go from $8.5k to $10k if 660 are entered...and with the demise of WCOFF, the FFPC may just reach that goal.

Oh and I have done the WCOFF for 5 or 6 years now and FFPC at the same time...there is no comparison in regards to customer service...at least not since WCOFF "retired" Chris Lambert who FFPC quickly snatched up. The WCOFF only beats FFPC in one thing (in my opinion) and that is the shock and awe of awesomeness when you enter the draft room and see the hundreds and hundreds of other FF freaks...but the FFPC will likely own that experience now.

KO'd

Edited by KOKIDKOKID

The WCOFF only beats FFPC in one thing (in my opinion) and that is the shock and awe of awesomeness when you enter the draft room and see the hundreds and hundreds of other FF freaks...but the FFPC will likely own that experience now.

KO'd

About how many teams were registered at FFPC last year?

About how many teams were registered at FFPC last year?

I believe they had 312 main event teams in 2010 (26 leagues of 12 teams per league).

2008 they had 168 teams I think....2009 I am not sure how many....more than 168 but less than 312 I think?

Relatively explosive growth from a start up in 2008...and I believe they didn't launch the event site until April 2008!

KO'd

Edited by KOKIDKOKID

I believe they had 312 main event teams in 2010 (26 leagues of 12 teams per league).

2008 they had 168 teams I think....2009 I am not sure how many....more than 168 but less than 312 I think?

Relatively explosive growth from a start up in 2008...and I believe they didn't launch the event site until April 2008!

KO'd

That number will take off as WCOFF players jump ship to FFPC.

• 1 month later...

:wacko: Already paid for this year's draft, with a co-manager. Regretting it. Want to keep the faith but have this sick feeling that I'll never see that cash again.

As some of you know, I was a big supporter of the WCOFF from the very start (when Lenny & Emil ran it), and kept pimping it as THE original high-stakes FF league after they sold to Dustin & Jesse. Now? I'm starting to feel downright duped, as many probably are. I should have smelled a rat when I had a reporter from some STL paper call me awhile back about my "dealings" with Dustin Ashby and asking, Did I know that Dustin violated NCAA rules while the golf coach at bla bla bla University and bla bla bla financial this and bla bla sanctions that. Said I had no "dealings" with Dustin, per se, aside from playing in the WCOFF and writing a piece on the event for the NY Times, and that was that.

I still want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're NOT crooks, and my limited personal interaction with Dustin has always been very cordial & on the up-and-up. But if I find out they are, in fact, running some elaborate rotonerd Ponzi scheme, I'm going to do whatever I can to release the f'ing hounds.

Bottom line: are all you regular WCOFF Huddlers pulling out?

Wow, from my keyboard to God's ears...just got a voicemail form Dustin, he assured me that while ownership is indeed in transition, everything is on track, financially, all payments will be paid out & WCOFF 2011 is good to go (assuming there's an NFL season). So, unless there are people getting outright ripped off with major proof, despite some of the smoke here, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that WCOFF is still legit. After all, like I said, I've only had good/positive dealings with him and am not going to rush to judgment; not fair to anyone to be tried in court of public opinion. If it turns out I'm wrong, then, well, I'm wrong.

Anyway, for what it's worth....hope you guys are all doing great.

Wow, from my keyboard to God's ears...just got a voicemail form Dustin, he assured me that while ownership is indeed in transition, everything is on track, financially, all payments will be paid out & WCOFF 2011 is good to go (assuming there's an NFL season). So, unless there are people getting outright ripped off with major proof, despite some of the smoke here, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that WCOFF is still legit. After all, like I said, I've only had good/positive dealings with him and am not going to rush to judgment; not fair to anyone to be tried in court of public opinion. If it turns out I'm wrong, then, well, I'm wrong.

Even if they pay off everyone, they have proven that they are unreliable and don't do a good job running their business (i.e failing to meet deadlines). Remember, this league is a business. It's not the commissioner that you're friends with that is late with a payment. I would be weary of participating in WCOFF ever again.

Edited by electricrelish

I have $2,850 banked at WCOFF from last year. If I ask for the money it doesn't look like I will get it anyway so I probably will have to use it for entry fee's next year or never see it. I lost $3,500 in winnings in a 2008 contest so not a pleasant feeling doing this all over again.

Wow! This really sucks. I am just going to say this. Even if this was a local commish that you knew very well, if you were into June and still did not have your money then there is something very wrong. It sure seems to me like they are counting on future money coming in to pay out what they owe from the year past.

electricrelish: although, again, I've not personally had any bad or negative experiences with Dustin and have nothing against him, he's not a "friend" -- he's someone with whom I've dealt a couple times professionally (interviewed him for this NYT piece: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/02/sports/f...02fantasy.html) and met out at WCOFF. And I wrote about the league/event in my book, back before Dustin & Jesse took over for original founders Emil Kadlec & Lenny Pappano. So, I have ZERO stake in or affiliation with WCOFF whatsoever, which is why, despite all the (valid) worries about him and the league finances that I've read about since registering, I won't crucify the guy until he/WCOFF prove to be anything but reliable or legit. If that time comes, well, I'll be the first to say, "I want my damn money back."

electricrelish: although, again, I've not personally had any bad or negative experiences with Dustin and have nothing against him, he's not a "friend" -- he's someone with whom I've dealt a couple times professionally (interviewed him for this NYT piece: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/02/sports/f...02fantasy.html) and met out at WCOFF. And I wrote about the league/event in my book, back before Dustin & Jesse took over for original founders Emil Kadlec & Lenny Pappano. So, I have ZERO stake in or affiliation with WCOFF whatsoever, which is why, despite all the (valid) worries about him and the league finances that I've read about since registering, I won't crucify the guy until he/WCOFF prove to be anything but reliable or legit. If that time comes, well, I'll be the first to say, "I want my damn money back."

they have already proven to be unreliable because there are still people that have yet to be paid for last year's winnings.

Just sayin'

Bottom line: are all you regular WCOFF Huddlers pulling out?

Yes. Assuming the lockout ends sometime in the near future I think most of the Huddle WCOFF teams are going to the FFPC draft. Very similar format and payout structure and they also have Chris Lambert (I think is the name) previously involved in WCOFF. Their funds go to escrow so no apparent financial trouble. No way am I going to give money to WCOFF when they haven't settled up from last year.

they have already proven to be unreliable because there are still people that have yet to be paid for last year's winnings.

Just sayin'

True. Not defending their late payments. Just not ready to declare them Ponzi schemers. Truth be told, I'm just reading up on/hearing about all this. Honestly haven't followed WCOFF for a couple years, only got back into it when I registered for this year's event and THEN (unfortunately) started learning of all the unhappy folks who, rightfully, are upset about not having been paid.

We jumped ship and that BS Dustin is feeding you is the same BS he's been telling all the unpaids for months.

When I say we, easily 15 of us.

Count me as someone who is jumping ship and going to the FFPC. As someone who did win money two years ago and was paid fairly promptly, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt early on, back in March when I first started to hear of people not getting paid yet. But as this problem went into April I started to become very leery. I started to lose quite a bit of trust when the message boards on their site were changed to be only visible to logged in members along with threads being deleted. Then in May when they announced there was going to be a partial change in ownership and no one would be getting any money for the next 45 days, it was pretty easy to decide I can't be sending these people $2000 of my money.

Unfortunately back in Feb before I was aware of this fiasco I did register for this year and put down my $200 deposit. I haven't bothered to ask for a refund yet. I'm thinking at this point once everything gets sorted out, I'll probably see if I can't roll that money into one of their satellite leagues instead.

Count me as someone who is jumping ship and going to the FFPC. As someone who did win money two years ago and was paid fairly promptly, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt early on, back in March when I first started to hear of people not getting paid yet. But as this problem went into April I started to become very leery. I started to lose quite a bit of trust when the message boards on their site were changed to be only visible to logged in members along with threads being deleted. Then in May when they announced there was going to be a partial change in ownership and no one would be getting any money for the next 45 days, it was pretty easy to decide I can't be sending these people $2000 of my money.

Unfortunately back in Feb before I was aware of this fiasco I did register for this year and put down my $200 deposit. I haven't bothered to ask for a refund yet. I'm thinking at this point once everything gets sorted out, I'll probably see if I can't roll that money into one of their satellite leagues instead.

Thanks for all the updated input, guys. Unfortunately, like I said, I didn't bother to read up on the latest before I registered; I simply went to the site, saw that 2011 was (apparently) still good to go (lockout pending, of course), and registered myself & co-manager for a total of $2,150. Because like you balata, when we finished 10th in 2007 or 2008 or whenever that was, we got our $ very promptly -- about $13k, not a small sum -- so it didn't even cross my mind that, in the time since, they'd been having such issues. Hope it gets ironed out. But until then I'm going to ask that they cancel the charge on my card. And I'm trusting that even in these circumstances, Dustin -- who, again, has always been perfectly professional & friendly in my few dealings with him -- and his people will honor that.

Not that I have any interest in this or have done any research, but isn't it possible that maybe the new owners might be trying to right a wrong from the previous owners? Just saying.. Granted, If that were the case, I'd be sending out letter identifying that.

I'm just saying that maybe there was some nefarious transactions when the company exchanged hands were there was supposed to be money from the previous years pot and when the dust settled, the electronic money never divested into actual paper money.

Not that I have any interest in this or have done any research, but isn't it possible that maybe the new owners might be trying to right a wrong from the previous owners? Just saying.. Granted, If that were the case, I'd be sending out letter identifying that.

I'm just saying that maybe there was some nefarious transactions when the company exchanged hands were there was supposed to be money from the previous years pot and when the dust settled, the electronic money never divested into actual paper money.

If you have zero interest and have done zero research, you should probably just go ahead and trust those that have had plenty of interest and have done plenty of research to know that those that are the current owners are complete scumbag Ponzi schemers.

Just saying...

You´re probably right, but I don´t think I´d risk my $1,800 on "possibly". I´d wait a year or two to make sure that "possibly" was more than "probably".