[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson arrested

Big John

Well, if nothing else his elusiveness rating took a big hit. Not being able to get around or stiff arm off-duty cops? That's got to drop him into the 40s at least...

Lets not forget that it was also reported that he suffered from shortness of breath upon being arrested. Clearly he has some cardio issues. The Peterson I remember could have gone all day with those cops and not even have been breathing hard. Definatley bumping Gerhar.t

Rusty Hardin to the rescue.

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has retained a high-power Houston attorney after he was taken into custody after an alleged confrontation with an off-duty police officer early Saturday at a nightclub downtown.

Peterson, 27, has hired Rusty Hardin, a move confirmed by Hardin’s office on Monday.

The star running back, is a native of Palestine in East Texas and former tailback for the University of Oklahoma, is charged with resisting arrest, a misdemeanor. He was released from the city jail hours after his arrest on $1,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in County Court at Law No. 3 Friday.

Hardin disputes the events that led to Peterson’s arrest.

“Adrian Peterson did not resist arrest this past Saturday morning and any suggestion that he pushed, struck or shoved a Houston Police Officer is a total fabrication,” Hardin said in an email released Monday afternoon. “He, in fact, was struck at least twice in the face for absolutely no legitimate reason, and when all the evidence is impartially reviewed, it will clearly show Adrian was the victim, not the aggressor.”

Hardin also said the club owes the football player an apology.

“We have been investigating what happened since Saturday afternoon, and it is absolutely clear to me that the charges should not have been filed, and the Bayou Club owes Adrian an apology for having put out a totally false version of what happened,” Hardin said. “Adrian Peterson does not act the way he has been described in the initial reports, and he did not act that way Saturday morning. He was only in that club for 30 to 40 minutes, was never objectionable to other patrons, and never physically resisted any police officer. Adrian is extremely upset about these false allegations. These charges are totally at odds with the way he has conducted himself throughout his career, and he asks that his fans and the public at large reserve judgment until they hear all the facts. Adrian looks forward to his day in court.”

According to the Houston Police Department, Peterson got into an argument with an officer working an extra job Live! at Bayou club, 534 Texas Ave., just after the club closed at 2 a.m.

The officer, identified as J. Alvarez, approached Peterson, who was talking with a group of people next to the bar, as he began clearing the club, said department spokesman Kese Smith.

“The officer informed Peterson and the group that the bar was closed and asked them to walk toward the nearest exit,” Smith said.

The officer moved on to inform other patrons of the club’s closing and then returned to Peterson’s group, which was still talking at the bar, Smith said.

The officer again asked Peterson’s group to leave and turned away.

“That’s when Peterson told the officer that the group had heard him the first time and pushed the officer in the shoulder, causing him to stumble,” Smith said.

The officer responded by telling Peterson he was under arrest and asking him to turn around and place his hands behind his back, Smith said. Peterson began yelling at the officer, Smith said.

“As the officer attempted to place Peterson in handcuffs, Peterson pulled away from the officer and assumed an aggressive stance,” Smith said.

A second officer, an HPD sergeant also working an approved extra job at the club, tried to help with the arrest, Smith said.

Peterson struggled with both, drawing a third officer into the mix, Smith said.

Once handcuffed, Peterson was taken to the city jail at 61 Reisner St., where he complained of shortness of breath, Smith said. Houston Fire Department medical personnel who examined Peterson said he was fine, Smith said.

Hardin recently defended baseball pitching star Roger Clemens who was acquitted at trial of lying to Congress concerning his alleged use of steroids.

Reporters Carol Christian and Jerome Solomon contributed to this report.

These charges are totally at odds with the way he has conducted himself throughout his career, and he asks that his fans and the public at large reserve judgment until they hear all the facts.

Seems reasonable.

Seems reasonable.

Hearing and seeing the facts before judging would be reasonable. I doubt the paid advocate proposing that position will be revealing facts, like video. Seems he is more interested in setting forth his version in detail withouyt factual backup.

All night Peterson. I don't know which side is full of it and is covering themselves from looking silly, but I actually think it is going to be fun to see how it shakes out. The only negative is that the bar Isn't on Adrian's side so we probably won't be seeing any surveillance video if it supports Adrian's story instead of there's.

Wow. Some bonafide Perry Mason types here. The police report states that Peterson pushed the off-duty cop hard enough to make him stumble after Peterson was told repeatedly to leave. Do you need Peterson charged with assault as well as resisting arrest to help you figure it out?

Peterson hired an awfully high profile lawyer for what by any account is a pretty trivial incident...

I guess he wants a clean record, but he should have thought about that before hand. I would pay the hundred dollar fine and move on. But its going to cost him thousands and me may not get off the hook.

I guess he wants a clean record, but he should have thought about that before hand. I would pay the hundred dollar fine and move on. But its going to cost him thousands and me may not get off the hook.

If he's disciplined by the NFL it could cost him far more than that, either now based on details or potentially down the road as a repeat offender.

There's a lot to be said about a guy's character if he'd forget about lawyering up with a high priced legal gunslinger, and instead just own it with a, "you know, it was late and I did something stupid. I'm sorry, it won't happen again, where do I pay my fine?"

There's a lot to be said about a guy's character if he'd forget about lawyering up with a high priced legal gunslinger, and instead just own it with a, "you know, it was late and I did something stupid. I'm sorry, it won't happen again, where do I pay my fine?"

Admitting you're wrong has gone out of style.

http://bleacherrepor...ings-rbs-arrest

The link shows a brief video of what occurred after the alleged “shove.” I know the video doesn’t answer many questions, but Peterson appears to be pretty calm for an intoxicated man that just shoved an off-duty cop and was resisting arrest just moments before.

Edited by White lightning

Wow. Some bonafide Perry Mason types here. The police report states that Peterson pushed the off-duty cop hard enough to make him stumble after Peterson was told repeatedly to leave. Do you need Peterson charged with assault as well as resisting arrest to help you figure it out?

If someone said it, it must be true :wacko:

Innocent until proven guilty. If innocent, where does he go to get his reputation back? You'd be a great Juror! The dude is accused of a crime so he must be guilty. The bar owner said he was a jerk in the bar all night, but Adrian was only in the bar for half an hour. If the police and/or the bar owner recants their story, then are you going to say you were wrong as well?

If Adrian pushed cops around then I will be the first to say he was wrong.

http://bleacherrepor...ings-rbs-arrest

The link shows a brief video of what occurred after the alleged “shove.” I know the video doesn’t answer many questions, but Peterson appears to be pretty calm for an intoxicated man that just shoved an off-duty cop and was resisting arrest just moments before.

How could you tell he looked calm? That video showed nothing (IMHO).

How could you tell he looked calm? That video showed nothing (IMHO).

I'll admit that the video of AP is very brief and I don't know what happened immediately before or after. But the reason I said AP looked relatively calm is based more on the arrest report then the video. In the arrest report it stated that 2-3 uniformed officers needed to physically subdue an actively resisting AP, but in the video it appears that only one officer was controlling AP while the other officer(s) were dealing with the crowd. If AP was actively resisting only moments before, I would expect all three of the officers to have "hands on" AP until they got him to the squad car. It also appears that AP was compliant at the time the video was taken. Either way I'm reserving judgment until the club surveillance video is released.

• Like 1

Another perspective is that if it didn't go down as the report states, then AP probably believes that the off-duty cops are lying, so that's why he may have felt he needed to go with a high price attorney since he feels the authorities are not on the up and up. By going to such extremes, it indicates to me one of two things, he's not taking any chances of getting off cause he is guilty or he's really mad and he wants his day in court for justice regardless of the price.