[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has the internet ruined fantasy football?

T-Scorp

Has the internet ruined fantasy football?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Has the internet ruined fantasy football?

• Yes, everyone knows the same thing with out doing any work.
    • No, FF is inhanced by easy access to more info.

Guys in my fanatasy league were debating this last night. Some feel that back in the "old" days the owners who did research, watched preseason games, etc had an advantage over owners who just came the draft with a magazine cheetsheat from June. Now everyone can get an updated cheatsheet or last minute info via the web.

Sleepers are no longer sleepers as everyone who pops on the internet can get updated info on most teams. :D

Before live scoring and game stats, I used to pull out the Monday sports page and do the stats for every player for every team. I knew which players were doing what and when. This was a hugh advantage for me as only a few owners did this. Now, owners can go to a website, and everything is scored and stack ranked for them. Sites tell them who to bench and who to start. The guy who won my league last year spent 10 minutes a week at the most on his team. He followed the websites opinions.:doah:

Conversely, I now have contact with fantasy football players from all over the country and am privy to their vast knowledge. I can get info about every team from the teams local newspapers or Huddlers who follow the team. I don't have to spend 3 hours doing stats every Monday and Tuesday so I can spend the time using them. Also, scoring systems can now be more complicated as they can be done by a league managing website instead of by hand. :D

All in all, my opinion is that the internet and sites like the Huddle, have inhanced and advanced fantasy football. :D:D

All in all, my opinion is that the internet and sites like the Huddle, have inhanced and advanced fantasy football.  :D  :D

874733[/snapback]

I agree, though I would've spelled enhanced correctly. :D

I think the internet has helped FF tremendously.

When I first started playing, no one in our league had internet. As a result I watched more preseason games and found some gems in players that weren't necessarily in the month old magazines used on draft day. That was about the only boon to not using the internet. It made you do your homework.

Once I went online, a whole world of additional info came up. Partcularly, learning about a players injury status, or tracking that obscure FB from a team who may be worth a pickup for a bye week in a TD only league.

Overall, with the info we FF players crave during the season, there is no way the print media or TV will ever sate our desires to learn every shred of information regarding the #4 WR for the Cleveland Browns, and whether he matches up well against the 49ers that week.

Gotta love the internet! (And the Huddle ain't too bad either).

Absolutely no doubt about it. The FF world is a better place due to the internet. It provides more information to me. I don't care if it makes gathering information easier for everyone else. The worst that can do is make things more competitive and why play a game if you don't like competition. Thank goodness for Al Gore and his beautiful invention.

Which you do where? On the internet?  :D

874832[/snapback]

Well, by internet, I meant internet FF sites that tell you who to start and bench like the Huddle. I guess I took this thread to be more asking if the internet FF sites are good. By research, I mean looking at all the past stats, upcoming schedule, etc. not just reading someone else's summation. The brute stats/info are available anywhere really. I use both internet and print sources.

What's nice about the internet fantasy scene is you always have access to team sites and local newspaper sites. I like to flag the sports page sites for my star players to keep up with the local info. The first league I was in we had to tally our scores from the paper on monday morning, and double check them against the commish's totals.

It's a much better world we live in now!

I think that the internet has helped fantasy football. I used to send away for the updates the mags offered and those helped me pick up a few sleepers.

Even though just about everyone has internet access, they don't use it for FF purposes. I still see Owners coming to drafts with mags and not printouts, their loss is our gain. When they do wake up, I welcome the challenge, not become scared cause they have the same info. It still comes down to how you draft to lay a decent foundation for a successful campaign...

The internet has definitely helped leagues be more competitive. I do however miss the days of winning everything because no one else in the league new what was going on. Now everyone does and there are no sleepers that go unnoticed. :D

I still see Owners coming to drafts with mags and not printouts, their loss is our gain. When they do wake up, I welcome the challenge, not become scared cause they have the same info. It still comes down to how you draft to lay a decent foundation for a successful campaign...

For some of us that is a facade we present to other owners. Make our competition think we're unprepared. :D And agree with sticking to a draft strategy. No matter what!