[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

darin3's official shot thread

darin3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

1 shot Dr. Mcgillicuddy's (100 proof peppermint schnapps)

1 shot Apple Schnapps

Can still remember the afternoon we made this one up at Flamingos...a great little basement bar in Madison, Wisconsin.

Since I drink most of my liquor in shots or on the rocks this is in my wheelhouse :D:D

SNOWSHOE -

Equal parts Wild Turkey and Peppermint Schnapps over ice is best. Two of these and you're ready for all types of bad weather.

CL IT LICKER -

Make a buttery nipple in a 2 oz shot glass leaving at least a 1/2 ounce on top, fill the rest (almost to the top) with Tequila Luna and splash 151 or any rum on top. Drink in one fell swoop. After two or three of these the ladies will be whispering naughty things in their male companions ears about the name etc. And you then say to her "one of the few drinks that taste as good as it's name". If you are not in like flint after this, become a monk of consider a sex change :D

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Cactus Cooler

Another "Huddle" favorite, at the dive bar of the same name in Costa Mesa, CA.

3/4 oz of Absolut Mandrin (or other orange-flavored vodka)

2 "splashes" of triple sec

1 "splash" of orange juice

6-8 oz. of Red Bull or energy drink equivalent

You can either mix all together and serve as a shot (in double shot glass), or drop shot glass of vodka/triple sec/OJ into a pint glass filled about 1/3 with the energy drink as a "boilermaker". I prefer the boilermaker route.

I really don't like the taste of Cactus Coolers, the soda... but this shot tastes pretty darn close to it, and is GOOOOOOOOD...

Enjoy!

Some of the nastiest shots I've ever taken:

3 Wisemen

- 1 shot Jack Daniels

- 1 shot Jim Beam

- 1 shot Johnny Walker

3 Wisemen gone Hunting

Same as above, but add a shot of Wild Turkey

Dead Nazi

- 1 shot Jag

- 1 shot Rumpleminz (sp?)

- 1 shot Goldschlagger

Or, just a single shot of 190-proof vodka. It feels like you're drinking a combination of rubbin alcohol and paint thinner.

Red Death

Learned this one while at UCSB.  This bartender at Dollar Drink Night at world-famous Alex's Bar and Cantina claimed to have accidentally created it while bartending drunk one night.  Customer came up to him asking for a Kamikaze and an Alabama Slammer.  So he proceeded to make the drinks, but forgot to pour out the Kami before making the Slammer in the same tumbler.  The result was a double-shot, obviously, of what he dubbed "Red Death".  He ended up admitting his error, and splitting the double shot with the customer, who claimed it tasted awesome - like Hawaiian Punch.  Sure enough, it does.

So essentially, for those seasoned bartenders/drink mixers out there, this should be easy:  make a Kamikaze on top of an Alabama Slammer.

1/2 ounce Southern Comfort

1/2 ounce triple sec - this is in a Kami too, just go with 1/2 ounce total

1/2 ounce sloe gin

1/2 ounce Amaretto

splash or 2 of orange juice

1/2 ounce vodka - the Kami portion

1/2 ounce lime juice - Kami

Mix all in tumbler with ice and serve.  It literally tastes like Hawaiian Punch.  Can be served on ice as a drink or as a double shot, or just a single shot.  It packs a punch.  Beware.

:D

1178316[/snapback]

Not sure, but I think the bartender may have been bullshucksting you on the creation of "Red Death" I've had these back in my college days, with the exact same name "Red Death" and same ingredients.

Prairie Wildfire

Choose the nastiest white tequila possible

Add a few dashes of hot sauce

Tell girl it's a fruity shot and not to worry

Watch girl almost puke

Laugh

Ten years later have said girls husband continuously buy shots (10-15 shots and were not talking fruity....straight up hardcore booze) for you as payback

Go down in history as THE shot king

Puke alot

Go through embarassing moment in airport terminal :D

Puke more

Fly home.

1178478[/snapback]

These are what those who wanted to be tough on the just turned 21 year olds would buy them. I drank quite a few on my 21st, :D

Not sure, but I think the bartender may have been bullshucksting you on the creation of "Red Death"  I've had these back in my college days, with the exact same name "Red Death" and same ingredients.

1215328[/snapback]

I wouldn't doubt that. :D

Chilly Bomber...just like the Jaeger version only crown going into the redbull. pretty big in phoenix atm

Sunkist....again just like the Jaeger Bomber only drooping a shot of orange flavored vodka into a mixture of half OJ and Red Bull. Quite Tastey if you like Sunkist soda

Chilly Bomber...just like the Jaeger version only crown going into the redbull. pretty big in phoenix atm

Sunkist....again just like the Jaeger Bomber only drooping a shot of orange flavored vodka into a mixture of half OJ and Red Bull. Quite Tastey if you like Sunkist soda

1221133[/snapback]

Will have to try that. We have a similar version of the Sunkist at my bar.

Tic Tac

1 shot of orange-flavored vodka

1/3 of a pint glass filled w/ Red Bull

drop shot into pint glass and chug

Tastes like an orange Tic Tac.

Will have to try that.  We have a similar version of the Sunkist at my bar.

Tic Tac

1 shot of orange-flavored vodka

1/3 of a pint glass filled w/ Red Bull

drop shot into pint glass and chug

Tastes like an orange Tic Tac.

1222826[/snapback]

this us actually called a TOUCHDOWN at most bars, use Tarantula tequila instead of the mandarin and you have a SPIDERBITE.

These get you tipsy and keep you awake all at the same time :D

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Jersey Shore

Take the dirty bar rag, wipe up the bar in front of you and your friends. Wring the towel in a shot glass, no need to chill. Now you have your very own "Jersey Shore"

Enjoy...

Jersey Shore

Take the dirty bar rag, wipe up the bar in front of you and your friends. Wring the towel in a shot glass, no need to chill. Now you have your very own "Jersey Shore"

Enjoy...

1227191[/snapback]

Nice :D Any 3 eyed fish in there?

About as ritzy as I get outside of a Crown and Coke. 

1182744[/snapback]

I've been sticking with Crown and Coke the past couple years but we did buy some Jagermeister (and other liquors) a couple days ago. Wife hates it but I like it.

I'll have to try some of these out.

Sounds like I should pick up some Goldschlager and try it with the Jagermeister.

Thanks gents.

• 2 weeks later...