[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst beer you ever had

Atlanta Cracker

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's considered beer, but Bier introduced me to a Lambic style and I didn't like it at all.

:wacko: Later that same night Bier introduced my wife to Lambics and she said it was about the only beer she ever liked. (But now before you guys all get the wrong idea about Bier and my wife, let me tell you that as that was going on, I was simultaneously introducing Bier's wife to a pretty nice Barolo.)

For me, this question isn't just about the cheap stuff.

Several years ago a friend of mine and I spent a week in Belgium. We spent a few nights doing a beer tour, trying everything we could get our hands on. We tried a beer, and I wish I remember the name of it, that tasted less like beer and more like old, bad bleu cheese. I'm sure to some it's heaven, but I thought it was just gross.

For me, this question isn't just about the cheap stuff.

Several years ago a friend of mine and I spent a week in Belgium. We spent a few nights doing a beer tour, trying everything we could get our hands on. We tried a beer, and I wish I remember the name of it, that tasted less like beer and more like old, bad bleu cheese. I'm sure to some it's heaven, but I thought it was just gross.

Probably an authentic Lambic like Puddy was speaking of.....Lamibcs are fermented by air-borne yeast only found in certain parts of Belguim during certiain times of the year....so, in a sense, it's actually a beer fermented by airborne bacteria.

Not sure if it's considered beer, but Bier introduced me to a Lambic style and I didn't like it at all.

as someone so inspired by sam adam's cherry wheat.... it should have been right up your alley. i think i got you the pear (which is kind of so-so). you ought to try some more standard lambics (framboise= raspberry; kriek= cherry)

:wacko: Later that same night Bier introduced my wife to Lambics and she said it was about the only beer she ever liked. (But now before you guys all get the wrong idea about Bier and my wife, let me tell you that as that was going on, I was simultaneously introducing Bier's wife to a pretty nice Barolo.)

it's fun having adventurous wives. we were close to getting them to wrestle in a kiddie pool of jello, but it was getting late and it was taking too long for that jello to set.

I'll never forget the first time I tried Blue Moon -- right after it had hit the market. I had no idea what it was about. When it hit my taste buds, I almost spit it out. It tasted like alfalfa or something.

Also, some people drink "banana weizen" in Germany. Once, while quite intoxicated, I decided to try one. I haven't been able to drink any kind of weiss beer ever since.

I grew up 5 miles from a Carling brewery that made Colt 45, Carling Black Label, etc. I liked all of it. The small German micro-brewery in the same town made great beers, too.... that is until they released Frankenmuth Extra Light. I didn't know anyone who thought it tasted good.

I'll never forget the first time I tried Blue Moon -- right after it had hit the market. I had no idea what it was about. When it hit my taste buds, I almost spit it out. It tasted like alfalfa or something.

Hafta agree on this one - definitely not what I was expecting ... anything fruity in beer just isn't right! :wacko: