[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting Lineup Controversy

golfishgrace

My point exactly, if this couple has been married for over a year I would say the husband was in a lose lose either way. If he wins he loses because she is out and that isn't good. And by the looks of things she pulled out all stops to win......

As I said before, the only husband vs. wife senario that would worry me is newly weds who are in that first few months of "I wanna do what ever makes you happy honey". After a year, all bets are off

meh...I pretty much wanted to kick SH's ass since the day I met him :wacko: lol!

Actually I see it differently. We I had shown even the slightest inkling of throwing a game to her I would have been dead meat. Didn't matter what was played... even Tiddly-Winks. You played to win or else. :tup: We probably ended up even in the win/loss col.

This too. My wife would be pissed both if she lost to me AND if she lost to me and there was any inkling that I took it easy on her. :wacko:

meh...I pretty much wanted to kick SH's ass since the day I met him :tup: lol!

it's a dangling carrot, my ass, ...always there in front of you taunting but just out of reach. maybe one of these days scooby will win our local

A lot of us never even met him and want to kick his ass.

yeah, yeah, sounds like a bunch of whiners to me ... :wacko:

OK, after all that, I can summarize this in one line:

DON'T PLAY FANTASY FOOTBALL WITH YOUR WIFE. :tup:

So last night during dinner I told my wife about this thread. We talked about it, and then she said how it'd be fun to be in a league together next year. :wacko:

the way I see it, sounds like they want to change the rules to where the commish is supposed to set everyone's line up to thehuddle.com predictions, ... that is a joke. next time adjust the schedule if it is such a big deal. btw, I picked up jacoby ford in a 32 man IDP with special teams and still didn't play him, but that is besides the point :wacko: women look at things on paper and if he ain't produicing they'll bench your a$$ :tup:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I for one am loathe when it degrades into personal comments of the negative kind. I thought he was way off base on this and said so. I even said some of his comments were stupid. Note, I said his comments were stupid, a far cry from saying he was stupid or has no credibility or honor. I think his articles ind insights are most definitely worthy of a read, but I don't always agree with him, and I don't agree with him in this thread.

I always prefer to debate/argue on the points made, while trying my best to not get into personal attacks although I sometimes break my own rules, and usually regret doing so. While I don't agree with you here, I never strayed from the topic into the personal derogatory catergory of remarks... it never ends well. Like I said, saying a man has no honor can hardly be arrived at with confidence based on one topic in one thread in a FF forum.

I have seen collusion between a father and son in my old local, and they tried to drag me in too. I eventually left the league, and have no local, which I miss quite a bit. So, I've seen relations embrace collusion before, and perhaps that makes one more wary of seeing it happen again or at least to be leary of it.

I think JUM has been a good addition to the Huddle, and one thread does not completely over shadow those contributions. He has been much more active in this forum than almost any other staffer, and this forum sure did need some juice.

So in short, I will NOT (edit)purport to sit as judge and jury of a man's chracter, credibility or honor based on one exchange where I think a man is totally wrong and needs a recalibration. I can say this... if you had said those things about me, I'd likely be on a Huddle vacation. I just don't think total condemnation of an individual as you have done here is justified. Not even close. I guess we agree to disagree.

Fair assessment.

You're puzzled that after calling into question somebody's... actually, all married couples that play FF together's integrity and intentions simply after reading a message board post that someone else would call into question yours? :wacko: My wife absolutely hates football and even I take offense to that. And to be honest, if you were that distrusting of others it only would make me distrusting of you.

Now, on topic, FWIW I have had a bad feeling about starting CJ the past couple of weeks as well but I have little other option. In retrospect, Tashard Choice, who I picked up this week, would have been a better play and Keiland Williams last week. I can't say I blame her one bit with the way the Titans have been playing and the inconsistency from CJ this year. Every one of the major losses I've had in my league this year were weeks when he flat out sucked (weeks 2, 4 & 12). To me it stands to reason that starting last week teams would be stacking 8 or 9 guys on the line because they know CJ is all Tennessee has. I don't really find it that much of a stretch to decide to sit him.

if he said that I honestly missed it...and if so that is bad...i never like it when an entire group or whatever is lumped together.

This whole thread is idiocy. Nobody with shred of self worth would allow their opinion re: pre-existing facts to be swayed by the actual outcome of those facts. That said, the opinion in question is idiocy in its highest form.

Threads like these make trolling these boards worth while . . . high entertainment.

I think you just said what I was trying to say earlier :wacko:

Fair assessment.

Just curious:

I don't think being admitting sizing up a situation incorrectly is beyond anyone. If it appears 99% one way why hang on to the 1% just to justify your thinking?

For the record I think your contributions here are very useful and don't feel the way some do about your character. I just find your stubbornness puzzling.

Fair assessment.

Fair assessment my ass.

Listen, I appreciate Rovers and typically respect his vantage point, but I think he's way off here.

What you did and what Skylive did are completely different.

You accused this woman of being a cheat because 1) you didn't agree with her moves and 2) That she was married to her opponent. Crappy reasons both. Now, it's one thing to be curious about the moves and the situation, but you went far, far beyond that. And proceeded to go into some pompous dick waving power trip.

Skylive, on the other hand, questioned your character based on taking you on your word. By witnessing your pathetic act first hand and saying, "Wow, this guy's a dick." And, now reading it myself, I'd be hard-pressed to come to any other conclusion. Even if I did think the move was some what suspect, which I don't. Now, maybe he really should have left it at, "This guy, who may or may not be a total a-hole, sure seems to be acting like one."

Again, it's one thing to think she needs to be careful because she's married to her opponent. I don't agree with that take, but I can see it. It's another thing to "wield your gavel" and act like a total a-hole.

So, for the sake of civility, I'm not going to accuse you of being an a-hole or lacking character. I'm merely going to say that your actions and words lead to believe that you are very much acting like an a-hole with little character. Is that enough of a non-attack for you, Rovers?

Edited by detlef

QUOTE (JUMbotron @ 12/6/10 4:08pm)

It isn't the first time, and won't be the last time that I render a controversial opinion. I once spent 6 days on the Purple Pride message boards in 1999 defending Jeff George to angry Vikings fans. (George later took them to a 8-2 finish in '99 and saved Denny Green's job)....Anyway this is a Saturday picnic compared to that melee.

:wacko: Gee, it must be tough being you. The great ones are never appreciated during their life. It's a cross you'll have to bear.

It actually worked out nicely. After all the name-calling (Remember I was defending Jeff George) I managed to get three angry posters to engage in a $100 bet each that George would take Minnesota to the playoffs. 10 games and 23 TD passes later, the Vikings were in a 49-37 playoff shootout with the Rams. (George went for 424 and 4 more TDs) One of the guys actually paid me with a Fedex from Minneapolis. He had called me a "pitiful ingrate" during the war....We remain friends to this day, and every Sunday he still shoots me an email for my opinion on his lineup.... 11 years later. :tup:

if he said that I honestly missed it...and if so that is bad...i never like it when an entire group or whatever is lumped together.

You didn't miss it, Steve. I never said all married couples engage in fantasy football shadiness... I said I thought that couple did. Just my opinion. It's being exaggerated more and more as we go.

:tup: Not outright saying it, but that was pretty much what I took from the majority of his posts. Not sure what you're reading.

It's total collusion, even if subliminally triggered by marriage.
Exactly. I've been doing this for 20 years. a wife benching CJ for all those flimsy names in the sphere of her husband's playoff run is total collusion.

The funny thing is, the Fantasy Gods have a way of spanking people for this. Watch the husband lose anyway. :wacko:

They're m-a-r-r-i-e-d. That's the lineup in question here. Totally bogus. I wouldn't return next year.

You didn't miss it, Steve. I never said all married couples engage in fantasy football shadiness... I said I thought that couple did. Just my opinion. It's being exaggerated more and more as we go.

Based on what? The ONLY reason you thought this was collusion was because they were married.

Edited by rajncajn

:wacko: Not outright saying it, but that was pretty much what I took from the majority of his posts.

i went back and re-read it after you posted that...i honestly didn't take it to mean any married couple...if someone did and it seems like many did then I can understand that ire...the thing I do find myself wondering is how this thread would have played out (and we will honestly never be able to tell) if the OP said this was 2 co-workers or 2 friends or 2 relatives or 2 complete strangers etc...

Edited by keggerz

:wacko:

Now that's some $hit. I think the lesson learned here is that if you are concerned about leaguemates relationships outside the league, you deal with it at the time their life partner becomes a member of the league and then the matter is over. We are all better people now for having experienced this thread.

:tup:

QUOTE (JUMbotron @ 12/6/10 4:08pm)

It isn't the first time, and won't be the last time that I render a controversial opinion. I once spent 6 days on the Purple Pride message boards in 1999 defending Jeff George to angry Vikings fans. (George later took them to a 8-2 finish in '99 and saved Denny Green's job)....Anyway this is a Saturday picnic compared to that melee.

It actually worked out nicely. After all the name-calling (Remember I was defending Jeff George) I managed to get three angry posters to engage in a $100 bet each that George would take Minnesota to the playoffs. 10 games and 23 TD passes later, the Vikings were in a 49-37 playoff shootout with the Rams. (George went for 424 and 4 more TDs) One of the guys actually paid me with a Fedex from Minneapolis. He had called me a "pitiful ingrate" during the war....We remain friends to this day, and every Sunday he still shoots me an email for my opinion on his lineup.... 11 years later. :wacko:

Also I kept the link to that Purple Pride thread but it stopped working around 2005. Can't find it in their archives or Google.... You think this thread has juice, shoot. You have no idea. Vikings fans are the most passionate ever. When Randall Cunningham got benched for George that year, all hell broke loose. I stepped in, 1 against 3,000, and dug a trench.