[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBC Skycam/view fail

stethant

1 minute ago, stethant said:

Anybody else hate this view? It totally kills the depth perception.

I can understand it when the fog's so bad you can't see anything any other way, but for regular viewing I'm not feeling it.

Totally agree. It got annoying pretty quick.

The view looked like a video game.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

The REAL reason for the SkyCam is not for us. It's for the coaching staffs to review defensive schemes in the secondary, WR routes and other pertinent stuff that I cannot divulge or the CIA will come after me. Other than fog, I have no idea why on earth they would ever use that camera angle. Other than coaching staffs, the only other people that I know that have access to that footage is Pro Football Focus

I was skeptical going in but it was interesting and not annoying. Can see the running lane open and it makes some picks obvious he minute the QB lets go. They didn't use it all the time and also used a second higher one to show some cool parts of kicking game like angling for the corner.

It was done because people like it when it was used out of necessity. If you truly hate it and want it to go away you should voice that on social media. The NFL won't be reading this.

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I was skeptical going in but it was interesting and not annoying. Can see the running lane open and it makes some picks obvious he minute the QB lets go. They didn't use it all the time and also used a second higher one to show some cool parts of kicking game like angling for the corner.

It was done because people like it when it was used out of necessity. If you truly hate it and want it to go away you should voice that on social media. The NFL won't be reading this.

I was going to say the NFL doesn't care if we post our disdain for it on social media but they actually might listen and make changes since it won't cost them any money to change back (like say, canceling the London games would).

5 minutes ago, Tripleshot said:

I was going to say the NFL doesn't care if we post our disdain for it on social media but they actually might listen and make changes since it won't cost them any money to change back (like say, canceling the London games would).

I don't think there is anything to change back it was a one game experiment. But if viewers overwhelming like it they may do more, if there's negative feedback likely they don't make a major change. 

Also I was wrong to say the NFL, as this is a decision by the broadcaster NBC , not the league.

They have contracts to hold the London games, so yes cancelling those would cost money.

I found it interesting and kind of liked it.  You got a different view of receivers running their routes. How they cut.  Lineman movements and blocking schemes. Rbs filling the gaps blocking in pass protection.  All sorts of stuff you don't see as close with the regular camera angles. Not saying all games should be broadcast this way, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of it, at least in replays it would be cool.

people actually WATCHED TNF???  that's the biggest shock to me...  LOL

as for the "Madden" cam, all of the Millennials who host Good Morning Football on NFLN were raving about it this morning... just watching a few of the highlights made me feel nauseated, but I'm like REALLY old!  LOL

7 hours ago, the outlaw said:

people actually WATCHED TNF???  that's the biggest shock to me...  LOL2

as for the "Madden" cam, all of the Millennials who host Good Morning Football on NFLN were raving about it this morning... just watching a few of the highlights made me feel nauseated, but I'm like REALLY old!  LOL

TNF was a good game, why wouldn't you watch?

Wow people actually watch stupid morning shows on NFLN? ;)

17 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

I found it interesting and kind of liked it.  You got a different view of receivers running their routes. How they cut.  Lineman movements and blocking schemes. Rbs filling the gaps blocking in pass protection.  All sorts of stuff you don't see as close with the regular camera angles. Not saying all games should be broadcast this way, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of it, at least in replays it would be cool.

Agreed.  It brought a different level of appreciation to the tight windows that NFL QB's have to throw through, that you don't get to see from the normal camera angle.  I'm not much of a video game guy, but I have played enough to see the correlation.  Not sure I would want to see that angle all of the time, but it was cool for a change.  

• Like 1

On 11/16/2017 at 8:19 PM, tazinib1 said:

The REAL reason for the SkyCam is not for us. It's for the coaching staffs to review defensive schemes in the secondary, WR routes and other pertinent stuff that I cannot divulge or the CIA will come after me. Other than fog, I have no idea why on earth they would ever use that camera angle. Other than coaching staffs, the only other people that I know that have access to that footage is Pro Football Focus

I believe you're referring to the "All 22" footage, which is completely different than what we saw on TNF.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, the outlaw said:

the chick (I believe her name is Kay Adams) is kinda cute... ;)

You realize the internet is full of pictures and video of actual naked women that are cute?  ;) I might enjoy seeing an attractive woman on some program, but I'm not watching it just for that.