stethant

NBC Skycam/view fail

stethant    211

Anybody else hate this view? It totally kills the depth perception.

I can understand it when the fog's so bad you can't see anything any other way, but for regular viewing I'm not feeling it.

Wolverines Fan    148
1 minute ago, stethant said:

Anybody else hate this view? It totally kills the depth perception.

I can understand it when the fog's so bad you can't see anything any other way, but for regular viewing I'm not feeling it.

Totally agree. It got annoying pretty quick.

The view looked like a video game.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Wolverines Fan    148

And it's still annoying.

Can't appreciate a long touchdown pass when the receiver is running away from the screen.

Big John    598
13 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Lol you guys are old

:pc: Coming from someone born in 1968.

jamesplante11    161
1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Totally agree. It got annoying pretty quick.

The view looked like a video game.

Last week when the announcers were telling us about the NFL broadcasting this view this week they said “People like it because Itami like they are playing Madden”

CowboysDiehard    314

Agree that the view is meh at best.  And yeah, Opie, I'm older than you apparently. 

....what were we talking about again?

tazinib1    915

The REAL reason for the SkyCam is not for us. It's for the coaching staffs to review defensive schemes in the secondary, WR routes and other pertinent stuff that I cannot divulge or the CIA will come after me. Other than fog, I have no idea why on earth they would ever use that camera angle. Other than coaching staffs, the only other people that I know that have access to that footage is Pro Football Focus

DMD    331
4 hours ago, PPIchamp said:

And who the hell is Marcus Mari Ota?

I wondered that as well. In fact, post-game commentators on NFL channel even mentioned it.

LordOpie    1,404
9 hours ago, Big John said:

:pc: Coming from someone born in 1968.

Creepy,not in a good way

LordOpie    1,404
9 hours ago, PPIchamp said:

And who the hell is Marcus Mari Ota?

Ilike how collinsworth was trying to avoid saying it that way

stevegrab    827

I was skeptical going in but it was interesting and not annoying. Can see the running lane open and it makes some picks obvious he minute the QB lets go. They didn't use it all the time and also used a second higher one to show some cool parts of kicking game like angling for the corner.

It was done because people like it when it was used out of necessity. If you truly hate it and want it to go away you should voice that on social media. The NFL won't be reading this.

Tripleshot    477
2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I was skeptical going in but it was interesting and not annoying. Can see the running lane open and it makes some picks obvious he minute the QB lets go. They didn't use it all the time and also used a second higher one to show some cool parts of kicking game like angling for the corner.

It was done because people like it when it was used out of necessity. If you truly hate it and want it to go away you should voice that on social media. The NFL won't be reading this.

I was going to say the NFL doesn't care if we post our disdain for it on social media but they actually might listen and make changes since it won't cost them any money to change back (like say, canceling the London games would).

stevegrab    827
5 minutes ago, Tripleshot said:

I was going to say the NFL doesn't care if we post our disdain for it on social media but they actually might listen and make changes since it won't cost them any money to change back (like say, canceling the London games would).

I don't think there is anything to change back it was a one game experiment. But if viewers overwhelming like it they may do more, if there's negative feedback likely they don't make a major change. 

Also I was wrong to say the NFL, as this is a decision by the broadcaster NBC , not the league.

They have contracts to hold the London games, so yes cancelling those would cost money.

BillyBalata    16

I found it interesting and kind of liked it.  You got a different view of receivers running their routes. How they cut.  Lineman movements and blocking schemes. Rbs filling the gaps blocking in pass protection.  All sorts of stuff you don't see as close with the regular camera angles. Not saying all games should be broadcast this way, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of it, at least in replays it would be cool.

jamesplante11    161

I liked it solely on the fact that I felt like i would have no problem throwing 50 yards from the view i was watching from

• Haha 1

LordOpie    1,404
4 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

I liked it solely on the fact that I felt like i would have no problem throwing 50 yards from the view i was watching from

Haha me too 

the outlaw    203

people actually WATCHED TNF???  that's the biggest shock to me...  LOL

as for the "Madden" cam, all of the Millennials who host Good Morning Football on NFLN were raving about it this morning... just watching a few of the highlights made me feel nauseated, but I'm like REALLY old!  LOL

TitansFan    23

I loved it. Being able to actually see the running lanes open or the routes developing downfield was quite refreshing. The Matthews touchdown at the start of the second half was incredible with the skycam. I hope they do more of this in the future.

• Thanks 1

stevegrab    827
7 hours ago, the outlaw said:

people actually WATCHED TNF???  that's the biggest shock to me...  LOL2

as for the "Madden" cam, all of the Millennials who host Good Morning Football on NFLN were raving about it this morning... just watching a few of the highlights made me feel nauseated, but I'm like REALLY old!  LOL

TNF was a good game, why wouldn't you watch?

Wow people actually watch stupid morning shows on NFLN? ;)

Shorttynaz    825
15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Creepy,not in a good way

BJ secretly works for the NSA.  Don't piss him off, please!

• Haha 1

Gopher    419
17 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

I found it interesting and kind of liked it.  You got a different view of receivers running their routes. How they cut.  Lineman movements and blocking schemes. Rbs filling the gaps blocking in pass protection.  All sorts of stuff you don't see as close with the regular camera angles. Not saying all games should be broadcast this way, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of it, at least in replays it would be cool.

Agreed.  It brought a different level of appreciation to the tight windows that NFL QB's have to throw through, that you don't get to see from the normal camera angle.  I'm not much of a video game guy, but I have played enough to see the correlation.  Not sure I would want to see that angle all of the time, but it was cool for a change.  

• Like 1

Gopher    419
On 11/16/2017 at 8:19 PM, tazinib1 said:

The REAL reason for the SkyCam is not for us. It's for the coaching staffs to review defensive schemes in the secondary, WR routes and other pertinent stuff that I cannot divulge or the CIA will come after me. Other than fog, I have no idea why on earth they would ever use that camera angle. Other than coaching staffs, the only other people that I know that have access to that footage is Pro Football Focus

I believe you're referring to the "All 22" footage, which is completely different than what we saw on TNF.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tazinib1    915
6 hours ago, Gopher said:

I believe you're referring to the "All 22" footage, which is completely different than what we saw on TNF.  

AhHHh yes you are correct.