ThatDude

Cooper to Cowboys

You know, if the Cowboys had offered a first round pick for Earl Thomas (before he got injured) that deal would have been done. Sure, he's older than Cooper but still the best safety in the league. What would you rather have, a perennial all-pro safety or an underperforming wide receiver?

1 hour ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Far be it from me to be a voice of reason for once (and maybe this isn't the time)...but let's see how this plays out.  The other alternative involved factng never ending 8-9 man fronts.

Could be right, maybe a wakeup for old stonehands....  but a first rounder?????  Cowboys have too many needs to give that up.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I think dez's production issue was Dak, meaning l doubt Cooper does well there

Agreed.  Cooper will get more love than he did in Oak though so he'll have a chance to prove himself.  This can only help Elliott's production.  

I have a feeling Gallup is going to languish in mediocrity now as well.

17 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Wow, they could have done much better for a first rounder. That's way too much for him.

for no draft pick at all, they could've signed someone off the street. Like, ummm, Dez.

Gonna hold out hope here.  He's dropped some passes in his day but remains one of the better route runners in the league.  If Dak has made the pretty average Cole Beasley into a startable WR in PPR formats, I'm gonna hope that this move means Cooper finally realizes his value.  Full disclosure, I own Cooper in a league and hoping for the best.  Won't be shocked if he languishes away though.

3 hours ago, Profound said:

This should be even more reason to cut Cooper.  He goes from Carr to Dak......no thank you

Not sure Dak is a downgrade.

• Thanks 1

am I the only one who thinks that when Jerry called on the price for Cooper that Gruden just fired off " yeah, gimme a first rounder and he's yours" while at happy hour ?

I wonder if DAL and DEN talked? Because I'd like DEN to get a 1st round pick for Demaryius.

FB_IMG_1540263007117.jpggruden is collecting 1st round picks like... 

Edited by buddahj

21 hours ago, DMD said:

a FIRST ROUND PICK??????????????????

Four of his last six games were under 20 yards.

FIRST ROUND?

Have a cigarette, Jon. Man that is ridiculous.

30 targets in 6 games, how much do you expect him to be doing with low numbers like that?

I agree DAL overpaid, 1st is too much. But he could help the Cowboys be competitive and it won't be hard to win that division and go the playoffs. 

Cooper was Pro Bowl his first 2 years, something like 90-1000-5 each season. Then fell off last year, when the Raiders started to stink. He's got 10 games with the Cowboys, I think he can produce in that time.