[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Duke Johnson traded to Texans

Big John

21 minutes ago, Big John said:

For a conditional 4th

I'm surprised they couldn't get a 3rd.  I'm sure that's what they were holding out for.  And I'm sure they would have preferred to wait until mid-season to trade him if they were only going to get a conditional 4th.  But teams don't like having malcontents especially with a new regime.

5 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm surprised they couldn't get a 3rd.  I'm sure that's what they were holding out for.  And I'm sure they would have preferred to wait until mid-season to trade him if they were only going to get a conditional 4th.  But teams don't like having malcontents especially with a new regime.

They just said the conditional 4th could become a 3rd.

6 minutes ago, Big John said:

They just said the conditional 4th could become a 3rd.

I wonder why they would call it a conditional 4th.  It's a conditional 3rd round pick.  Bill O'Brien must have asked the Browns to call it a conditional 4th round pick so it sounds like the Texans got a bargain.

• Thanks 1

and if you've already drafted, everyone off to the wire for Duke...I guess the talk about them liking Dontrell Hilliard wasn't just lip service. It also is nice to get rid of a distraction. I always felt he coulda done more here if just given the chance. Not sure why he fell outta favor, hopefully he gets going in Houston

• Like 1

For anyone who missed the Foreman news like I did.

I didn't know Foreman was on thin ice down there.

Per Rotoworld:  https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8072/donta-foreman

Colts signed RB D'Onta Foreman, formerly of the Texans.

Backup RB Keith Ford was waived in a corresponding move. Recently waived by the Texans himself, Foreman lands in a loaded backfield as the likely early-down backup to Marlon Mack. Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, and Jonathan Williams round out the rest of the roster, with Spencer Ware likely seeking out an injury settlement to play elsewhere. It's worth noting longtime beat reporter John McClain of the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans waived Foreman because they were unsatisfied with his "work habits" — something that obviously won't stand in Indy. If Mack is dealt another season of nagging ailments, though, it's Foreman who'll be a name to monitor as the power-running successor (despite his ongoing Achilles recovery). In the meantime, Mack remains an unequivocal RB2 across all formats.

RELATED: 
Aug 5, 2019, 4:57 PM ET

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Not sure I see this as a massive boost for Chubb.  Maybe a bit more value in receiving work early on; but not rushing. Dontrell Hilliard is a skilled receiver and will likely step into Duke's limited role as a change of pace/3rd down back.  It's a boost for Hilliard and Hunt.  The path is now clear for Hunt to tandem with Chubb when he returns from suspension.  The potential still exists for a considerable timeshare halfway through the season and into the fantasy playoffs.  If people are investing a first round pick on Chubb in PPR leagues; he won't be on any of my teams.     

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Not sure I see this as a massive boost for Chubb.  Maybe a bit more value in receiving work early on; but not rushing. Dontrell Hilliard is a skilled receiver and will likely step into Duke's limited role as a change of pace/3rd down back.  It's a boost for Hilliard and Hunt.  The path is now clear for Hunt to tandem with Chubb when he returns from suspension.  The potential still exists for a considerable timeshare halfway through the season and into the fantasy playoffs.  If people are investing a first round pick on Chubb in PPR leagues; he won't be on any of my teams.     

a little dose of cold, cold reality. 

I see a lot of shrinkage among Chubb owners.  

"I was in the pool!"

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 12:31 AM, Bobby Brown said:

Still no guarantees that Hunt won't get in more trouble and will play at the level he did with the Chiefs (where many players lately have great success). He finally got on the field for the Browns yesterday with both Chubb and Hilliard not playing, and the RB4  D'Ernest Johnson looked as good if not better. 

Duke being gone allows them to feed Chubb and spell him when needed with Hilliard, who won't be complaining if he doesn't play enough and be a distraction. To me that means more touches for Chubb.

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I don't know why everyone is so worried about Chubb's touches. If Chubb is tearing it up then nothing will change when Hunt returns. Hunt will be the change of pace back much like Duke was. I don't take anything from what Hunt did in KC. Every back that Andy Reid has had thrived in his systems. 

Hunt has far more talent than Duke, or the new backup Hilliard or the rookie D'Ernest Johnson. When he is available it is pretty likely he will get more touches than those guys were getting. That will also be a chance to spell Chubb a bit more for the stretch run. 

I don't think it will be significant change, but acting like Hunt is just a plug in for these other guys and still way behind Chubb in talent is misguided. Even with your opinion relative to RB success under Reid.

20 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Hunt has far more talent than Duke, or the new backup Hilliard or the rookie D'Ernest Johnson. When he is available it is pretty likely he will get more touches than those guys were getting. That will also be a chance to spell Chubb a bit more for the stretch run. 

I don't think it will be significant change, but acting like Hunt is just a plug in for these other guys and still way behind Chubb in talent is misguided. Even with your opinion relative to RB success under Reid.

Yeah I gotta agree with this.

Hunt, when was playing, was a transformative player. Now maybe he's been off for so long that he's terrible (certainly didn't look good in limited preseason action so far) but this is a risk for Chubb's ADP that has to be factored in.