[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So what new thing are you doing?

millworkguy

Work at home

Shelter in place

Do not gather with more than 50 people

Do not travel 

Practice social distancing

Just sounds like football season to me...

Work from home now, don't really have a lot more free time except for the hour so for my daily commute round trip. The extra half hour in the morning is sleep.

Without dual monitors and working some form of remote connection, it means getting by with less capability than at work. Things can get slow, or freeze up and need to reboot something. Isn't bad once in a while, but now with more stress and bad attitude, even less than 2 days in some of it is annoying. All communication by email, chat or phone, no face to face meetings with people. That started on the first day (yesterday) having a conference call with a prospective business partner, all of us pretty much strangers and but bonding over the time of crisis. 

I'm watching a lot more movies without sports (thanks free HBO channels last weekend). Will probably start doing some more video gaming, especially some shooters to vent my frustrations with live. 

• Like 1

Actually I’ve been looking for a reason to gut my basement and cabin since it has needed to be done for over a year. Wife always comes up with something else to do though because she gets bored when I do chores on the weekends. Well now we can’t do anything else so the roll off dumpster is getting delivered tomorrow. I’m actually looking forward to finally getting this done

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 11:52 AM, stevegrab said:

Work from home now, don't really have a lot more free time except for the hour so for my daily commute round trip. The extra half hour in the morning is sleep.

Without dual monitors and working some form of remote connection, it means getting by with less capability than at work. Things can get slow, or freeze up and need to reboot something. Isn't bad once in a while, but now with more stress and bad attitude, even less than 2 days in some of it is annoying. All communication by email, chat or phone, no face to face meetings with people. That started on the first day (yesterday) having a conference call with a prospective business partner, all of us pretty much strangers and but bonding over the time of crisis. 

I'm watching a lot more movies without sports (thanks free HBO channels last weekend). Will probably start doing some more video gaming, especially some shooters to vent my frustrations with live. 

Work from home will grow on you, Steve.  I didn't like it at first, but I've been doing it for 6 years now.  You learn how to adapt and form relationships electronically, and keep up with current ones.  I do miss working in an office at times as I am a social butterfly and like to just talk with people and bond over common interests.  But - not sure I'm ready to go back to working in an office unless I absolutely have to.  Maybe different for me as I have two kids in elementary school, but we don't have to worry about before and after school care.  I don't spend 3 hours in traffic any longer.  Company pays for gigabit internet here so that I can still connect to remote customer systems without a hitch.  Only thing I'm missing right now is travel.  It's been a few weeks since I've been at a customer site and I'm already getting impatient for the next one.  But - I'd rather not have this coronavirus so I'm happy to be grounded for the time being.  If you're looking for a fun and fairly cheap game, The Division 2.  I played through it a year ago and just picked it up again.  So addicting.  

Illinois just issued a stay at home order. That's where I'll be for a while.

https://www.axios.com/illinois-stay-at-home-order-fifth-coronavirus-death-9bc9a13e-9f79-4f73-92d9-01a2aebcd21f.html

Not new, but I've been able to do so much yard work over the past week, the yard and gardens are best they have looked this early in the season!  Oh, and my 9 yr old son is kicking my azz in Destiny 2 and Gears 5. 

I have done the following:

1. Wore a genie outfit for the first time

2. Played Chris Moneymaker poker online with some buddies

3. Played Mystery Husband with my wife

4. Went and got a SuperCut

5. Ironed my Victory Pants

6. AY2FDCBM

7. Tried to come up with One Song. Failed.

8. Tried to enjoy some new crock pot recipes. Spit them up. Left a bad taste in the mouth.

9. Bought some new furniture. My wife likes Bears.

10. Opened a kegg of beer.

11. Went to Spain. Found some bunny love.

12. Looked at a couple of well rounded beakers.

13. Fell in love with a panda.

14. Became a sarge in the army.

15. Styled my hair with a little San Francisco flair.

16. Wrote a poem. Or 352 of them.

17.Explored a cave in the New England area.

18. Watched a little Scooby-Do

19. Tried a pack of extra large trojans. Too big.

20. Went to the beach and became a bum for awhile.

21. gg whomp

22. :pc:

23. Wore a hat one of the Czar's of Russia wore in 1945

24. Make a Film

25. Did some squats to tighten my bunz

26. Cleaned some riffraff outta my garage

27. chargerzed up my phone

28. Ate some grits before I got kicked in the shins

29. nuked a burrito in the microwave

30. Painted my bedroom aqua

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

First full week is almost done, it is getting better some but living at home alone and not having any contact still sucks. After finishing some food I cooked before last weekend I'll probably get some carry out meals this weekend, see who's open and how they are managing. Errands on the weekend including a trip to my office get an Amazon shipment of an order placed before poop hit the wind. Also going to stop in at my church and process some donations (we hope) to try and keep revenue flowing (the bills haven't stopped coming). 

So my buddies and I played Texas Hold'em last night on Pure Holdem on Xbox. Everybody sent paypal to one guy, $30 buy in. It was fricken awesome!! It worked great and the game experience kicked azz. Talking with my pals, playing cards tourney style, drinking brews...couldn't have been a better distraction in these loney and tulmultuous times. It didn't hurt either that I took 2nd and doubled my money. :headbang:

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 11:08 PM, Chief Dick said:

I have done the following:

1. Wore a genie outfit for the first time

2. Played Chris Moneymaker poker online with some buddies

3. Played Mystery Husband with my wife

4. Went and got a SuperCut

5. Ironed my Victory Pants

6. AY2FDCBM

7. Tried to come up with One Song. Failed.

8. Tried to enjoy some new crock pot recipes. Spit them up. Left a bad taste in the mouth.

9. Bought some new furniture. My wife likes Bears.

10. Opened a kegg of beer.

11. Went to Spain. Found some bunny love.

12. Looked at a couple of well rounded beakers.

13. Fell in love with a panda.

14. Became a sarge in the army.

15. Styled my hair with a little San Francisco flair.

16. Wrote a poem. Or 352 of them.

17.Explored a cave in the New England area.

18. Watched a little Scooby-Do

19. Tried a pack of extra large trojans. Too big.

20. Went to the beach and became a bum for awhile.

21. gg whomp

22. :pc:

23. Wore a hat one of the Czar's of Russia wore in 1945

24. Make a Film

25. Did some squats to tighten my bunz

26. Cleaned some riffraff outta my garage

27. chargerzed up my phone

28. Ate some grits before I got kicked in the shins

29. nuked a burrito in the microwave

30. Painted my bedroom aqua

I have been practicing my 

Edited by keggerz

On 3/19/2020 at 2:02 PM, millworkguy said:

With the time off, I've picked up my wife's Guitar

How about you?

So, i have really fat fingers from my years as a cabinetmaker, i even have difficulty with bowling balls, my thumbs just dont fit.  My daughter suggested a stand up base, just can't see myself doing that.  My wife has small hands and a 3/4 size guitar, my daughter has a full size one, struggling to keep this going

12 hours ago, millworkguy said:

So, i have really fat fingers from my years as a cabinetmaker, i even have difficulty with bowling balls, my thumbs just dont fit.  My daughter suggested a stand up base, just can't see myself doing that.  My wife has small hands and a 3/4 size guitar, my daughter has a full size one, struggling to keep this going

Have you considered playing the drums ;)