[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Washington Redskins name change: 'Warriors' leading contender

League_Champion

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

As of now they are still sending out Tweets with The Redskins logo. I thought they officially retired the logo, no? 

As if that's not bad enough, I saw a highlight today with the Redskins logo from an old Cowboys game.  I took a knee and cried in shame. That offensive logo should be pixelated going forward, or replaced with CGI, to spare sports fans the agony of seeing it.  

4 hours ago, DMD said:

They should go by Washington Team Football and then have WTF on their helmets.

Washington Team de Football   

Reading this thread from the beginning was amusing, first all the talk about the Warriors being a clear favorite, and nearly certain, then the allegations about paying off refs (I followed the big story as it was breaking and didn't see that anywhere else).  

There will be more changes for other teams, Cleveland Indians are looking at changing their names, I know the Braves said "hell no" but I think they will succumb eventually. I hear the Blackhawks and FSU Seminoles are probably safe due to how they've handled it over the years. KC Chiefs could also be in jeopardy. Not sure why we idolize Pirates, Buccaneers and Raiders weren't those pretty bad dudes back in the their day? And plenty of bad cowboys, vikings etc. 

• 3 weeks later...