[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens are that bad

Big Red

At least we have a team.

Our big name players are either hurt or playing like crap. It's been a nice run, but it looks like we are actually that bad.

I'll wait until next week, but I will go down with the ship and post for a Steeler/Raven sig line bet. I'd kick them if they where down, and I'm not going to 'Tuna Out' while we're down.

Jebus, we suck. We'll get a good draft pick.

Jamal is done. Chester should at least get a few starts to evaluate what he's got.

Our O line has more holes than a French Army defensive line.

Adds some weight to that 'Heimerdinger/Eddie George recipe for destruction of a RB's career' theory. :D , ie, when greedy OC's drive their prized backs into the ground for a career year, it's usually followed by said RB's quickly fading into oblivion.

1093146[/snapback]

Eh, Lewis was productive last year - 235 carries at 4.3 a pop. Eddie George declined IMMEDIATELY after his 408 carries in '00 (some may argue he was on the decline already).

At least we have a team.

Our big name players are either hurt or playing like crap.  It's been a nice run, but it looks like we are actually that bad. 

I'll wait until next week, but I will go down with the ship and post for a Steeler/Raven sig line bet.  I'd kick them if they where down, and I'm not going to 'Tuna Out' while we're down.

Jebus, we suck.  We'll get a good draft pick.

Jamal is done.  Chester should at least get a few starts to evaluate what he's got.

1093111[/snapback]

On the bright side, at least the Ravens are better than the Texans. :D

But seriously, I picked J. Lewis @ 2.3 expecting a good year from him thinking that he's had time to heal and with his legal troubles behind him. Boy was I wrong! I think, Jamal is going to be sitting on my bench for the rest of the season.

Eh, Lewis was productive last year - 235 carries at 4.3 a pop. Eddie George declined IMMEDIATELY after his 408 carries in '00 (some may argue he was on the decline already).

1093166[/snapback]

Eddie George and that f'n turf toe that he had surgery on right after that season. :D

I'm still a little bitter.

Eddie George and that f'n turf toe that he had surgery on right after that season. :D

I'm still a little bitter.

1093191[/snapback]

You Titans fans need to lighten up.

1093166[/snapback]

Well, the argument is that it hastens their decline, and last year was a step down by Lewis standards in terms of consistency and durability. His numbers were inflated by a few big games. He had only 4 100 yd games and outside of those games, he averaged 3.01 yds per rush. That has now been followed by this year.

As for George being on the decline before '00, not true.

16 games 320 carries 1304 yds 4.1 YPC(career high) 9 TDs

1998 (3rd yr in the league)

16 games 348 carries 1294 yds 3.7(above career avg) 5 TDs

Not great numbers but about the same level of production that he had at the beginning of his career.

Not a Titans fan. I just drafted him in a dynasty that year, a week before they announced he'd be having surgery. :doah:

1093205[/snapback]

I know, I was just messin' with you. Figured you'd bristle at being lumped in with everybody's favorite unreconstructed Southerner. :D

I think the Titans and Lions losses were bad in that they were games where the Ravens were "supposed" to win. Now (the Bears loss) it's just downright sad and with the next five games against teams w/ winning records, it could get very ugly.

The Ravens could very well have a top five draft pick.

Well, the argument is that it hastens their decline, and last year was a step down by Lewis standards in terms of consistency and durability. His numbers were inflated by a few big games. He had only 4 100 yd games and outside of those games, he averaged 3.01 yds per rush. That has now been followed by this year.

As for George being on the decline before '00, not true.

16 games 320 carries 1304 yds 4.1 YPC(career high)  9 TDs

1998 (3rd yr in the league)

16 games 348 carries 1294 yds 3.7(above career avg) 5 TDs

Not great numbers but about the same level of production that he had at the beginning of his career.

1093211[/snapback]

Nice comeback. :D

I didn't say I AGREED with the argument, just that it could be made. The thing that throws you when looking at George's #s is that he only once topped 4 ypc for a season, which is unusual when you're talking stud franchise backs.

And someone, way back when, broke down how the # of carries over a season or two affects a RB's consequent production - and the trend was pretty strong that it pretty much results in at least a subpar year afterwards in all but the most rare cases (Payton, Dickerson, etc.)

Maybe they can get Leinart?

1093493[/snapback]

I am actually thinking Boller could still turn out to be a very good NFL QB. Now that we know our line is about the absolute worse in the league, we can't blame it all on the QB.

At least Anthony Wright is better than Tommy Maddox.

I should be :D from ear to ear, but I'm not. I'm still smiling, don't get me wrong, but the Steelers-Ravens rivalry is a lot of fun. I am worried about Monday night despite what the Ravens have shown. The Ravens are down, what would feel good for them right now ? A huge upset over the hated Steelers on national T.V. I don't think it is going to happen, but I do think the Ravens come out fired up and ready to play. The more I think about it.............I guess I am smiling from ear to ear. :D

I got offered Lewis for Bell last week and turned it down :D Neither lit it up this week, but once again Bell outproduced Lewis and with 1/3 of the carries....

The vaunted Balt D looks like hell. They consistently rush more than 4, and consistently get no penetration. This is the week I drop their D like a bad habit.

Sad but true: there is not a single piece of fantasy value on that team...

At least we have a team.

Our big name players are either hurt or playing like crap.  It's been a nice run, but it looks like we are actually that bad. 

I'll wait until next week, but I will go down with the ship and post for a Steeler/Raven sig line bet.  I'd kick them if they where down, and I'm not going to 'Tuna Out' while we're down.

Jebus, we suck.  We'll get a good draft pick.

Jamal is done.  Chester should at least get a few starts to evaluate what he's got.

1093111[/snapback]

I'd almost rather be in your position then watching my Cowboys dominate games only to let up and lose them in the last 60 to 90 seconds of the game.