[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Royals will win the World Series this year

Chief Dick

This is the sleeper team of the year. Everyone is talking about those "other" teams in the AL Central, but NOBODY is talking about the Royals.

Good offense, decent pitching, and the best BBQ in the league. Hell, they set up a smoker in the bullpen for crissakes.

You all just laugh. You'll be kissing my championship butt come October. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the sleeper team of the year. Everyone is talking about those "other" teams in the AL Central, but NOBODY is talking about the Royals.

Good offense, decent pitching, and the best BBQ in the league. Hell, they set up a smoker in the bullpen for crissakes.

You all just laugh. You'll be kissing my championship butt come October. :D

World Series

Pittsburgh Pirates over Kansas City Royals

:D

The Atlanta Journal Constitution actually picked the Brewers to win the division.

So did a couple of the Sports' Writers for ESPN and around the NYC area. Oh and :D at the Royals winning the World Series. :D

Edited by irish

The Atlanta Journal Constitution actually picked the Brewers to win the division.

I like the young talent they've got, and their rotation is chock full of innings-eaters that range from spectacular (Sheets, when on his game, is one of the best in the league) to promising (Dave Bush) to solid (Capuano, Suppan).

The main problem with buying into the love is the big "M" on their caps.

World Series

Pittsburgh Pirates over Kansas City Royals

:D

The Pirates are tied for 1st place!!! :D

We Pirates fans got to enjoy it while it lasts

We Pirates fans got to enjoy it while it lasts

Woohoo! 1-0 baby! All kidding aside it was a very nice outing by Duke.

Nice win all the way around. Comeback against Roy...in Houston. I will take it.

:tup::D:doh:

A couple years back when the Brewers started 4-2 or 5-2, the local paper put the standings with the Brewers alone in first on the front page marked "clip and save" :D

True....however, we found a way to beat the Astros with Oswalt starting, so, I'll take it.

You crack me up. They play ONE game and you're already giving them the championship.

Come end of May, the Pirates will be at the bottom of the division with the Cubs with STL in first as usual. :D

Edited by twiley

You crack me up. They play ONE game and you're already giving them the championship.

Come end of May, the Pirates will be at the bottom of the division with the Cubs with STL in first as usual. :D

Are you kidding me ? Giving them the championship :D

The goal, my friend, is our 1st .500 or better season since 1992, and even that is a reach. What I've said is that I'm enjoying these moments NOW, because I'm not confident that there will be moments to enjoy Post-May.