[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clayton vs Roy Williams vs Burleson

Broken

They're all ranked within a few slots of each other and they are all fairly young.

1st there's Burleson, it's assumed that he will keep the WR1 spot in MN and put up great numbers. Sure, he filled in nicely when Moss went down, but can this guy really be a top WR1 for a whole season and beyond?

Next we have Mike Clayton in TB, he certainly had a great season as far as rookie WRs are concerned. Will a QB roulette in TB put a damper on his parade?

Last we have Roy Williams. he didn't play the entire season due to injury and still had great stats. Tack on a few highlight reel catches as well.

Is he the real deal or will Harrington stink it up? Will KJ live up to the hype to take pressure off the passing game? Will Rogers ever stay healthy to become the WR2 we know he can? Will Mike Williams excel at the NFL level? Will either of these guys hurt Roy's stats?

Many questions not many answers.

Lets discuss and compare these 3 WRs. :D

Edited by Broken

I see Roy Williams being a monster in the redzone. His ability to go get the ball in a one-on-one and the fact that they have Rogers back (hopefully) on the other side is a plus. And you gotta figure in Mike Williams will probably be in the slot for the inside routes and teams will also want to keep an extra guy or so in the box for KJ. The wildcard is of course Harrington.

Clayton would be my last choice, just cause I don't know what's going on with the Bucs offense. Griese was rolling for a while, but I won't put my complete faith in him yet.

Care to tell us why?

Also, Porter is not one of the 3 WRs I am trying to discuss.  :D

910597[/snapback]

You cannot mention Burleson without mentioning Porter. They are like Peanut Butter and Jelly. Which one is the Jelly: Discuss...

I'd rank them:

1. Burleson -- Best QB of the three. Most well-established, proven offense. The fact that Moss is gone is a concern, but Burleson showed me enough when Moss was out.

2. Clayton -- Second-best QB. He is the unquestioned go-to-guy in the Bucs passing attack. 1,000 yards as a rookie. He looked every bit like a guy who could be come a top fantasy wideout.

3. Williams -- Williams has the best raw talent of the three IMO. But

Harrington is still a big question mark for me. Plus, Detroit has more weapons than Minnesota or Tampa. It remains to be seen who is the leader of the offense.

I'd rank them:

1. Burleson -- Best QB of the three. Most well-established, proven offense. The fact that Moss is gone is a concern, but Burleson showed me enough when Moss was out.

2. Clayton -- Second-best QB. He is the unquestioned go-to-guy in the Bucs passing attack. 1,000 yards as a rookie. He looked every bit like a guy who could be come a top fantasy wideout.

Harrington is still a big question mark for me. Plus, Detroit has more weapons than Minnesota or Tampa. It remains to be seen who is the leader of the offense.

910699[/snapback]

What about Porter? :D

Next we have Mark Clayton in TB, he certainly had a great season as far as rookie WRs are concerned. Will a QB roulette in TB put a damper on his parade?

910569[/snapback]

Mark Clayton is a Raven.

Michael Clayton is a Buc.

Don't make that mistake on draft day.

I'm a Vikes fan and I do.  :D

910744[/snapback]

list them out:

Minny:

Culpepper

Bennett

Moore

Williams

Fason

Kleinsasser

Wiggins

Taylor

Robinson

Williamson

Burleson

Campbell

Detroit:

Jones

Bryson

Pinner

White

Williams

Williams

Rogers

Kevin Johnson?

Kircus?

Pollard

Fitzsimmons

pretty even. I may be missing someone but I still think that Minny has the edge

Edited by loaf

list them out:

Minny:

Culpepper

Bennett

Moore

Williams

Fason

Kleinsasser

Wiggins

Taylor

Robinson

Williamson

Burleson

Campbell

Detroit:

Jones

Bryson

Pinner

White

Williams

Williams

Rogers

Kevin Johnson?

Kircus?

Pollard

Fitzsimmons

910778[/snapback]

Minny has a slight edge but only because of QB at this point, every other position is pro Detroit with the exception of TE which is about even I guess.

list them out:

Minny:

Culpepper

Bennett

Moore

Williams

Fason

Kleinsasser

Wiggins

Taylor

Robinson

Williamson

Burleson

Campbell

Detroit:

Jones

Bryson

Pinner

White

Williams

Williams

Rogers

Kevin Johnson?

Kircus?

Pollard

Fitzsimmons

910778[/snapback]

Perhaps I should have specified by saying "legitimate" weapons:

Detroit: Jones, Williams, Williams, Rodgers, KJ, and Pollard

Minnesota: Bennett, Burleson, and Wiggins

Time will tell if we can add Williamson, MRob or another receiver to Minnesota's list.

My point is it appears the ball will be spread around more in the Detroit passing game. I could be wrong, but that's my general feeling.

I'd rank them:

910699[/snapback]

This pretty much sums it up for me.

My next concern is Clayton's injury. Apparently Clayton has taken much longer to heal than previously expected which in turn has drawn speculation that TB isn't being completely honest about the extent of the injury.

Actually, if the injury wasn't a concern, I'd argue that Clayton would be ahead of Burleson, but then throw in the fact that it is Clayton's second year which is usually doom for WRs then we're back to Burleson being #1. Confused yet?

You cannot mention Burleson without mentioning Porter.  They are like Peanut Butter and Jelly.  Which one is the Jelly: Discuss...

910619[/snapback]

Looks like DMD & I have created a Burleson ~ vs ~ Porter monster :D

But back to the subject;

1) Burleson

2) Clayton

3) Williams

1) Burleson

2) Clayton

3) Williams

910927[/snapback]

I agree, however, part of the reason is that I just can't get Roy Williams properly valued in my brain. The Detroit running game appears to be on the verge of a jail break. The WR corp is spectacular, meaning Williams might have to share this year. And Harrington's projected success as a QB this season is difficult to get comfy with.

I know there's upside in Williams, but I'm more comfortable with Burleson and Clayton because they are easier to gauge.

Perhaps I should have specified by saying "legitimate" weapons:

Detroit: Jones, Williams, Williams, Rodgers, KJ, and Pollard

Minnesota: Bennett, Burleson, and Wiggins

Time will tell if we can add Williamson, MRob or another receiver to Minnesota's list.

My point is it appears the ball will be spread around more in the Detroit passing game. I could be wrong, but that's my general feeling.

910797[/snapback]

Why can we add Mike Williams (who has never caught an NFL pass) but have to "wait and see" on Williamson?? :doah:

Plus...it is tough to list all the Detroit WRs when the most important aspect (the QB) is the biggest difference between these two.

Edited by Funky Plutos

And you gotta figure in Mike Williams will probably be in the slot for the inside routes and teams will also want to keep an extra guy or so in the box for KJ. The wildcard is of course Harrington.

910593[/snapback]

Of the three, I would say Charles Rogers is better suited for the slot. Does anyone know how the Lions are using him so far in training camp? Where's policyvote when you need him. . .

Why can we add Mike Williams (who has never caught an NFL pass) but have to "wait and see" on Williamson??  :doah:

911143[/snapback]

I believe Williamson is listed as #5 on the depth chart and he's not looked all that good so far. Dropping balls, etc. Williams is already #3 on the depth chart. At this point, I think it's safer to assume that Williams will make more of an impact that Williamson in 2005.