[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm giving up on...

baddfish2

Every year we all leave our drafts with at least a few players we really think were solid picks and we're pretty satisfied with them. Then the season starts and they underperform out of the gate, or worse yet, have one good week, then underperform.

Working the waiver wire has always been crucial to winning a league. Good owners know when to let someone go and when to grab the waiver wire option.

So with that said, who did you draft that you're ready to give up on, and if you're not ready yet, how long do you wait? How long is too long?

I'm usually one of those that holds guys too long waiting for them to come around. I drafted Roethlisberger and Trent Green, played Green for three weeks, and have now waived him in favor of Delhomme.

I'll waive JJ Arrington here soon too, when I see something on the waiver wire I really want.

I gave up on Andre Johnson and am about to give up on Dallas Clark....I would have if I didn't remember he was a friggin TE...

I thought I got a steal when I landed the #4 ranked Te after the top 12 TE's were off the board...

I think I was the only one laughing...... ... :D

JJ Arrington

Keary Colbert

Dallas Clark

Willing to wait a little longer on:

Kevin Jones

Trent Green

Andre Johnson

Ashley Lelie

1027774[/snapback]

yea, i think KJ will have a nice turnaround in the next couple of weeks....I gave up on AJ only because I got Holt in return...

yea, i think KJ will have a nice turnaround in the next couple of weeks....I gave up on AJ only because I got Holt in return...

1027779[/snapback]

AJ for Holt straight up? :D Was the guy groggy after you chloroformed him?

1027779[/snapback]

KJ has the Bucs, Ravens, and Panthers in the next three weeks. You may be waiting a little longer for a turnaround.

Arrington is gone, Bennet is gone in one league, still waiting on something worthwhile in the other to drop him for.

Not yet ready to give up on Wayne, Lelie, Gonzo, J Lewis, or Vandergagt.

Won't ever give up on DD.

Gave up on Edinger a little too soon.

Gave up on SJackson (Rd 3) last week, and am geting ready to trade WParker (WW after Week 1) at his high point - I need more WR help, and Bettis and Staley are about to make a real RBBC mess in PIT.

Lee Evans (Rd 6) and TCalico (Rd 13)are both on my bench and have one more week...

I took Barlow in the middle-fifth round because I needed a #2 and he was the only featured back left on the board. Since featured backs always have value, I'm not going to drop him at this point, but he's going to ride the pine until he has a 80-yd rushing game. Thankfully, I had the foresight to draft Moore and S. Davis.

I drafted Plummer in the next round and didn't start him in Week 1 because my backup (Palmer... 9th round, baby!) had a much better matchup. At this point, there's almost no way I'm going to bench Palmer and Jake might be on the trading block sometime next month.

Giving Keary Colbert one more week along with

Dropping:

Anybody with the word 'Jets' on their helmet. Or anybody with a buffalo on their helmet except McGahee.