[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ever realize that you're having "that year" ?

BrooklynCrew

4 weeks into my keeper league and I'm 1-3. I'm starting to get the feeling that it's 'that year'. The one where no matter what my squad scores, somebody else scored 10pts more. 4 weeks and I'm at 465pts against. In our scoring format, 100pts is a solid score and usually a win. I've faced the league high 3 out of the first 4 weeks. I'm middle of the pack in scoring, with what I figured to be a decent team (bulger, dillon/jamal/mewelde, randy moss, steve smith, tj, ravens d ect...), but after winning in week 1 I keep taking L's. Every year there's a hard luck team it seems... last year my buddy Geoff had a decent squad but finished under .500 as everyone exploded against him on Sundays... He was like 1000pts ahead in the Points Against column to the next closest team by season's end. I need to turn this mojo around somehow.... It sucks to be 'that team'.

:D

Edited by BrooklynCrew

I am having my worst year ever.

By far.

Not even close.  :D

1041755[/snapback]

Same here, 0-4, Manning experience and old underperforming RB...

I am having my worst year ever.

By far.

Not even close.  :D

1041755[/snapback]

Same here, 0-4, Manning experience and old underperforming RB...

1041756[/snapback]

What these guys said... :D

I can relate.

In my main league, which is more important to me than the other two put together times 100, I am currently 1-3. This is a league that has been running for 7 years. I have not won it yet, but I tied in the championship game last year (lost the tiebreaker), and made it to the finals one other time. I have made the playoffs 5 out of 7 years (4 Playoff teams out of 10). I am frustrated. Trent Green and Tony Gonzalez are flat out killing me. If there production was decent, I could be

1-3. Unfortunately, I don't see things getting better in this league.

In another league, which I have dominated historically, I am also 1-3. It has been running for 4 years and I have won it twice, made the finals all 4 years, and been high scorer 3 out of 4 years. I am struggling here both in record and points. My letdowns have been Gonzo (AGAIN!), Burleson, and Wayne. I also made a terrible trade pre-season, as I had Holt, C. Johnson, Tiki, and Westbrook and could only keep 3. I traded Holt, C.J. & Westbrook for Wayne, Dom Davis, and the # 11 overall pick, which I used on Burleson :D So, basically, I am completely at fault in this league.

In my 3rd league, which is the BOTH league, Bling Bling, I am 2-2. Not much to report in that league, as I am new to it this year.

I love fantasy football, but this season has been frustrating thus far. For years, I have envied the team having Gonzo as their TE, so I go out and get him and two leagues, and he is being triple out-scored by Steve Heiden. Sometimes, it isn't that fun. :D

You are exactly like the owner of a team in my local keeper league...he is 1-3 and has scored the most points...

I just beat him this week

he had:

McNabb, Owens, McGahee, Moss, L.J. Smith, etc

I had:

Alexander, Edge, Burress, Fitzgerald, etc.

glad I am not him!

Know the feeling;

Have Favre and Palmer as his backup.

I stuck with Brett the first 3 weeks....saying he's gonna have a Brett game. Giving up in week 4 as Palmer was at HOME against the lowly Texans, while Brett drew the tough D of Carolina in Carolina.

After Palmer scores 1 TD, I told my wife then, this is Favre's week. He'll put up 3TD's and 300 yrds, you watch. Well I was wrong, it was FOUR TD's and 300 yrds.

So after 4 weeks, I've played the wrong QB every week. And I'm in last. :D

Isn't fantasy football fun!

man f*ck this year. You would think that Rudi johnson, reggie wayne, D davis and Kevin Jones would have been great draft picks. But nope, i'm 0-4

I traded for D. Davis in week 2.

I offically retire from fantasy football. I like running the league more than playing.

Oh.... ::D ....so average.

I'm in 4 leagues, not to mention that I suck at the MVP Challenge thing.

3-1, 2-2, 2-2, 1-3.

After 4 weeks, I have outscored my opponents 2,085-2,062.

Yes, it's one of those years, but I've just added 2 more teams this year to keep this middle of the road thing going. I'm 3-5 in my two new leagues.

I am 2-2 in 2 of my leagues and I am in first place in an everyone plays everyone league. In the first 4 weeks I have 2nd,3rd,1st and 1st place finishes in the veryone plays everyone league and have scored over 150 points more then the closest person to me. In 1 of my 2-2 leagues my 2 loses were to the highest scoring team that week and I was the 2nd highest for the week, 1 of them was actually a tie and I lost on bench points.

I'm 1-3 and not worried...i went 1-2 twice and still made it to the finals with worse teams...

I keep playing one of the top scoring teams whenever I play...

this week, I scored more than 7 teams in my league and faced the team that scored the most...

funny, a guy in the other division is 4-0 and only scored more than me once...he keeps facing teams with terrible performances...

this better change quick...I face the 4-0 team in my division....I can make some serious ground in the next few weeks with cake matchups due to bye's on my opponents rosters...

3-1. :D:D:D

2-2. :D

1-3. :doah:

0-3-1. :D

0-4. :D

The primary reason for the suck-ass records are as follows:

Kevin Jones

Dom Davis

Jamal Lewis

Andre Johnson.

How can the "experts" get it that wrong? J. Clayton FREAKIN' RAVED about KJ in the preseason. Dude's glasses must have been fogged up...

The 3-1 record is due to T. Holt, J. Smith, Steve Smith, and C. Palmer. RBs on that team are KJ and Jamal :D . Oh well, at least there is next year for most of these...

Edited by gijunky

2-2, but not looking good. Got a lucky draw in my two wins.

Meanwhile, we have an owner who is 0-4 that has outscored nearly everyone in the league each week, but always gets matched up with one team that blows up. He's be #1 in a Rotissiere system, but he is 0-4 in the head to head. Head to head is more fun to play, but its nothing but luck.

4-0

3-1

2-2

1-3

All over the board.

4-1

3-2

2-2

0-4 x 2 :D

one of the 0-4 teams i had a bad feeling about from the start. jamal lewis as my #1 RB, michael clayton as my #1 WR. made some good picks as well (caddy, mcnabb) and i'm not terrible points-wise, but still, never liked that team.

the one that really bums me out is the team where i started with deuce, willis, and randy moss. drafted caddy and stephen davis. brooks has been my QB :D , and counted on lelie, branch and stallworth as my 2-4 WRs. looked like a dam good team on paper, but they're sucking ass. big disappointment. :D