[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do you use the handle that you do?

Marauders11

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the early 90s when online gaming became popular over 14k modems... I worked as a technical support "guide" for the Total Entertainment Network. This is when games like Duke Nukem 3D and Quake first appeared. In the early days of the 1st person shooter, I was young and could seriously whoop some a**. I wanted a handle that was plain and to the point...

Scourge - transitive verb

Definition:

1. punish somebody: to punish or criticize somebody severely

2. whip somebody: to whip somebody severely

That is where my name comes from. I was at one time ranked 5th in the world in Quake. I used to go to tournaments and all kinds of good stuff. Now, I am old and get smoked in Halo 3 and other types of console shooters. Could never get used to the analog sticks as opposed to the mouse look and straffing that a keyboard and mouse allowed for when PC gaming... Also, I am getting older and slower..

Anyway.. Even though I am not an online gaming Scourge anymore, the name stuck..

From 2 childhood memories:

As a kid I always loved the water, and my old man used to yell at me for spending too much time in it. He use to say "Boy, if you don't get out of that water you are going to grow webbed feet"

Also, back in the day, when carnivals came to town they always had a freak show, and there was always a guy named JoJo in it. JoJo the DogFaced Boy, JoJo the HorseFaced Boy, etc....

So I just put the two together: JoJoTheWebToedBoy.....

Or maybe I'm actually an innocent frog that lived to close to a Nuclear Powerplant and have grown into a mutant Half Frog Half Human horror show bent on world domination.....

You be the judge.

In the early 90s when online gaming became popular over 14k modems... I worked as a technical support "guide" for the Total Entertainment Network. This is when games like Duke Nukem 3D and Quake first appeared. In the early days of the 1st person shooter, I was young and could seriously whoop some a**. I wanted a handle that was plain and to the point...

Scourge - transitive verb

Definition:

1. punish somebody: to punish or criticize somebody severely

2. whip somebody: to whip somebody severely

That is where my name comes from. I was at one time ranked 5th in the world in Quake. I used to go to tournaments and all kinds of good stuff. Now, I am old and get smoked in Halo 3 and other types of console shooters. Could never get used to the analog sticks as opposed to the mouse look and straffing that a keyboard and mouse allowed for when PC gaming... Also, I am getting older and slower..

Anyway.. Even though I am not an online gaming Scourge anymore, the name stuck..

Counterstrike?

Guess I missed this one the first time around.

I'm not an Iowa State fan, I grew up in Sudbury, Ontario, and the name of my first fantasy team was the Sudbury Cyclones, so I just went with that.

I feel so uncreative now. Damn they guy who started this thread. :wacko: