[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do you use the handle that you do?

Marauders11

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first name is tony ... think the copier guy from saturday night live ...

tony ... making copies ... the tonster ... the tonorator ...

same story, except my first name is monty. oh, and montster is a nickname for my hugh peener.

Mine's stolen from a Frank Zappa album with the spelling slightly changed to fit into the avitar on pokerstars. It was accompanied by a picture of some random arab I googled. I no longer use it to play online poker since the chatbox would usually look something like this:

Dealer: SheikYerbuti wins large pot

HickMoran: Nice suckout, terrorist.

SheikYerbuti: Thanks, and I'm not a terrorist.

HickMoran: You camel humper. . . go die.

SheikYerbuti: If you sound out my screenname sir, you'll find it's a phonetic play on a song by K.C. and the Sunshine Band. I'm actually a Jew from New York.

HickMoran: I see your pic. . .you're Al Kayda!!

SheikYerbuti: Do you think everyone in the 5 cent/10 cent game with a pic of Phil Helmuth is actually Phil Helmuth?

HickMoran: Whatever, you plane hijacking a**hole.

SheikYerbuti: *sigh*. . .have a nice day sir. It was great chatting with such an intellect.

I now play online with a screenname that's a series of numbers and no pic. The railing has cut down significantly.

Mine's stolen from a Frank Zappa album with the spelling slightly changed to fit into the avitar on pokerstars. It was accompanied by a picture of some random arab I googled. I no longer use it to play online poker since the chatbox would usually look something like this:

SheikYerbuti: If you sound out my screenname sir, you'll find it's a phonetic play on a song by K.C. and the Sunshine Band. I'm actually a Jew from New York.

SheikYerbuti: Do you think everyone in the 5 cent/10 cent game with a pic of Phil Helmuth is actually Phil Helmuth?

SheikYerbuti: *sigh*. . .have a nice day sir. It was great chatting with such an intellect.

I now play online with a screenname that's a series of numbers and no pic. The railing has cut down significantly.

f*n funny.

My name...I have dogs, we'll go hunting in any weather, inevitably there are always MuddyPaws

Funny, I would've just told the monster truck aficionado that my winnings will help fund the plane that's going to into the Sears Tower next week.

I used to be a gamer in high school. Sigh. A lot of interesting names came through the servers. One day I played with El Gato En Fuego, which translates directly to "the cat on fire." My local team went through a number of name changes. One year I was stumped and revisited El Gato En Fuego, but pluralized it. I also pluralized Fuego. I don't know if that's legitimate, I don't speak spanish, but Los Gatos En Fuegos rolls off the tongue very nicely. I stuck with it in my local for a few years including when I signed up for the Huddle. I switched away two years ago, but then switched back last season, just in time to finally reel in my first championship. So Los Gatos En Fuegos will be immortalized on the league plaque.

:D Excellent. Leather straps?

[/quote

Nope, I had Look bindings with DIN numbers :wacko:

I also had the state of the art rear entry Salomon racing boots.

It's funny-right before I moved to Bend I finally threw away mine and my husband's old pairs of rear entry boots, and learned when I go here, I could have actually sold them for some money here.

There is an event called the Pole, Peddle, Paddle here every May. It's a race where you downhill, cross country ski, bike, run and paddle. The hardcore guys are all want rear entry boots so they can get them on and off quickly for the next leg of the race.

I don't see a lot of data collecting available in this thread that Big John can cherry pick... which is suprising. :wacko:

I have a Scottish middle name and go by "Mac". Other than my wife of 23 years, my best friend in the whole world, who I could trust beyond any level of doubt, at any time under any circumstance, was my Golden Retriever. Through a cycle of funny things he did and various knicknames, "Boog" stuck with him. Since he and I seemed to be joined all the time (there are very few times I can ever remember him not being right next to me), it was a good internet handle. I use it in many forums other than The Huddle.

I played in a FF League that had a "death and destruction" theme, so in honor of my companion, I named my team, the "Boogy Men". My avetar is the Av I used for the league.

This part of my soal has since been taken from me, and every time I sign into The Huddle or other internet venues, I am reminded of the part of me that always had a way to make my life "right", no matter how bad the situation or how old and feeble he got towards the end. He always knew when I needed him and could "clown me into a laugh" even up to the day, in the car, through my tears, when I was on the way to carry him into the vet for the last time. :D

This is why you won't ever see me change or "bet" my avetar.

See? Not as big and bad as it may appear!

I don't see a lot of data collecting available in this thread that Big John can cherry pick... which is suprising. :wacko:

I have a Scottish middle name and go by "Mac". Other than my wife of 23 years, my best friend in the whole world, who I could trust beyond any level of doubt, at any time under any circumstance, was my Golden Retriever. Through a cycle of funny things he did and various knicknames, "Boog" stuck with him. Since he and I seemed to be joined all the time (there are very few times I can ever remember him not being right next to me), it was a good internet handle. I use it in many forums other than The Huddle.

I played in a FF League that had a "death and destruction" theme, so in honor of my companion, I named my team, the "Boogy Men". My avetar is the Av I used for the league.

This part of my soal has since been taken from me, and every time I sign into The Huddle or other internet venues, I am reminded of the part of me that always had a way to make my life "right", no matter how bad the situation or how old and feeble he got towards the end. He always knew when I needed him and could "clown me into a laugh" even up to the day, in the car, through my tears, when I was on the way to carry him into the vet for the last time. :D

This is why you won't ever see me change or "bet" my avetar.

See? Not as big and bad as it may appear!

reading that post was like watching old yeller.

:D

I wanted to get the older guys in my FF league to email weekly line ups to me instead of getting a lot of calls on Sunday morning. I tried to think of a clever user name for my email which was supposed to make them think F' ing Football and instead they just started calling me fing. So now I'm fingfootball in my league and they still don't email their line ups in.