[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was that a cheap shot

MojoMan

This is gonna be a fun week here at the Huddle. :D

1255278[/snapback]

You've got that right you girly little biaaaaatch !!!! :D

Edited by Menudo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh I bet. I can almost remember what it was like to be excited during the post-season.

Almost.  :D

1255291[/snapback]

Don't worry, it is coming sooner rather than later for your Dolphins. I predict playoffs next season....seriously.

I know people will think this is bullshucks, but, I am sorry to see Palmer out of the game.  I hope it isn't anything too serious.  If you've followed Kimo Von Oelhoffen's long career, he as far from a cheap player as there is.  The hit was definitely not intentional.  All of that said, Jon Kitna is a solid backup QB, and has killed the Steelers in the past.

1254698[/snapback]

Amen. As a devoted Steeeeeler fan, I was still really disappointed to see Palmer go down. I like how he plays the game and wanted to see us try and beat him straight up. Dang. Here's hoping he can heal fast for next year, as I'd love to see he and Ben have a classy rivalry for years to come.

Peyton Manning wears one of those huge plactic braces on his left knee.  He has since he came into the league.  Time for Palmer to start wearing one.  He should have been anyways.

1254745[/snapback]

"Even though Palmer wears a protective brace on the knee, it bowed inward, tearing his anterior cruciate ligament. Palmer seemed to know it was serious when he was taken off on a cart, a grim expression on his face."

from yahoo! ...

"Even though Palmer wears a protective brace on the knee, it bowed inward, tearing his anterior cruciate ligament. Palmer seemed to know it was serious when he was taken off on a cart, a grim expression on his face."

from yahoo! ...

1255402[/snapback]

What kind of brace is it? I'm not talking about one of those namby-pamby sleeves. I'm talking the full hinged brace you see college offensive linemen wear. If he was wearing one of those, I stand corrected.

Edited by CaptainHook

What kind of brace is it?  I'm not talking about one of those namby-pamby sleeves.  I'm talking the full hinged brace you see college offensive linemen wear.  If he was wearing one of those, I stand corrected.

1255486[/snapback]

I slowed it down on my TiVo. With the black pants, it's hard to see, but it does look like Palmer was wearing the brace I was referring to. A lot of help it did. Geez, that's a nasty looking way for your knee to bend.

John Clayton was being interviewed (probably last night--I was listening this AM).

He said this was not a cheap shot, just a freak accident.

I consider the Geek to be an unbiased, extremely knowledgeable NFL analyst.

Not a cheap shot. End of story.

I forgot to add. Clayton implied that if it's anyone's fault, it's the fault of the CIN OL who was blocking Kimo. Clayton said that if the CIN guy had continued his block, Kimo would not have rolled into Palmer.

Edited by MojoMan

I slowed it down on my TiVo.  With the black pants, it's hard to see, but it does look like Palmer was wearing the brace I was referring to.  A lot of help it did.  Geez, that's a nasty looking way for your knee to bend.

1255543[/snapback]

Yes, he wears a brace with metal hinges on that knee.

For the record, as a Bengals fan, I never thought the play was dirty. Kimo isn't a dirty player.

I was there at the game,and we were stunned.Everybody was screaming and high fiving after the reception.No one realized that Palmer was down yet.

I assumed it was a cheap shot,until I saw the replay on the jumbotron.It looked like he was blocked into him,but that thing doesn't show detail very well.Lewis stated it wasn't a cheap shot,so that's good enough for me,I have no desire to see a replay of it.I cringe even thinking about it.

I was very ready to throw down with a Steeler fan in the restroom in the 2nd quarter.He walks in laughing and yells,"I hope that new contract didn't have a lot of guaranteed money!"

I won't print my response.But I was walking at him pointing a finger at his chest,and he threw his hands up and said it was a joke.

I believe that fan was the exception.Leaving after the game,there was one small group chanting,here we go Steelers here we go,but most of the Steeler fans seemed almost subdued,which to me at least indicates they didn't feel good about Palmer going down the way he did.

All in all,after waiting 15 years for this,watching Palmer go down was absolutely devestating way to start a game that Bengals fans have been waiting for years to see.

All in all,after waiting 15 years for this,watching Palmer go down was absolutely devestating way to start a game that Bengals fans have been waiting for years to see.

1256004[/snapback]

devastating is the word. the sickness in my stomach is still there the day after. here's hoping successful surgery and a speedy recovery ensue.

as far as kitna, he's no big loss. there are many options out there that can play controlled ball and zip short passes. what kitna cannot do is throw the long ball with accuracy and power (a la carson's single pass) and seemingly cannot read a defense that is not blitzing.

so the sickness continues into the off-season knowing that carson is headed for months of rehab. it didn't help that the san diego paper capture the hit for the front page of the sports section. there is kimo, shoulder going into the knee with his arm wrapped around palmer's legs ...

I was very ready to throw down with a Steeler fan in the restroom in the 2nd quarter.He walks in laughing and yells,"I hope that new contract didn't have a lot of guaranteed money!"

I won't print my response.But I was walking at him pointing a finger at his chest,and he threw his hands up and said it was a joke.

1256004[/snapback]

Wow. I would have been royally pissed at that comment.

I will say again, I don't think it was cheap or intentional. I DO think it was avoidable and unnecessary.

I believe that fan was the exception.Leaving after the game,there was one small group chanting,here we go Steelers here we go,but most of the Steeler fans seemed almost subdued,which to me at least indicates they didn't feel good about Palmer going down the way he did.

1256004[/snapback]

Thank you Sox.....we are diehard Steeler fans in this house. And you're right....the excitement got sucked right out of that game after Palmer went down. :D You could feel the excitement in Cincy all the way up here in Columbus before the game. You guys have a great team.

the sickness in my stomach is still there the day after.  here's hoping successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

1256017[/snapback]

Ditto to that!

I do not think it was a cheap shot. The block caused Kimo to fall into Palmer. This happened in, what, one or two seconds?

Hopefully Palmer will have a speedy recovery.

As for Kitna, as I mentioned in this or another thread, I had that feeling that Kitna was going to have a meltdown at some point in the game.

Wow.  I would have been royally pissed at that comment.

I will say again, I don't think it was cheap or intentional.  I DO think it was avoidable and unnecessary.

1256046[/snapback]

As would I. Guys like this that make statements like that deserve whatever beating they get from the hometown fans. :D