[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush Might Not Enter the 2006 Draft

Jumpin Johnies

NCAA | Bush far from a decision on the draft

Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:50:17 -0800

NBC Sports.com reports Southern California RB Reggie Bush told the Los Angeles Times that he is "far" from making his decision on whether to return for his senior year at Southern California or enter the 2006 NFL Draft. Bush met with USC head coach Pete Carroll and agent David Dunn for about one hour on campus Monday, Jan. 9, the Times said. "I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting.

I'd reconsider if I knew I was going to Houston as well. :D

1259086[/snapback]

There are places much worse than Houston. If I was Bush that would make it harder for me not to enter the draft. If that happens Houston will most assuredly trade down with a team after Leinart or Young.

Edit: He could cost himself millions if he has a bad season as well as a career if he gets hurt. Makes no sense whatsoever for him to stay unless he's dead set on finishing college.

Edited by rajncajn

He can attend college courses in the offseason or whenever his career is done - I am all for education but it is ridiculous on a personal level to put at risk untold millions that he will make by signing his name on an NFL contract. The guy is a political science major at USC. There is no way that him delaying entering the NFL has anything with wanting to get a polysci degree if in fact he would have one by May 2007.

His only reasons for staying would have to be wanting a second Heisman (which Leinart should have shown is not that easy) or thinking he will go to a better suck team in 2007. All those high draft picks always go to the worse teams by design (barring a trade which never happens anymore). I cannot imagine a scenario where a player such as he has gained anything by playing out his senior season.

He can attend college courses in the offseason or whenever his career is done - I am all for education but it is ridiculous on a personal level to put at risk untold millions that he will make by signing his name on an NFL contract. The guy is a political science major at USC. There is no way that him delaying entering the NFL has anything with wanting to get a polysci degree if in fact he would have one by May 2007.

His only reasons for staying would have to be wanting a second Heisman (which Leinart should have shown is not that easy) or thinking he will go to a better suck team in 2007. All those high draft picks always go to the worse teams by design (barring a trade which never happens anymore). I cannot imagine a scenario where a player such as he has gained anything by playing out his senior season.

1259120[/snapback]

Agreed. Leinhart was the best example.

Could have gone to the Niners, made millions. Wanted another hiesman, didn't get it, and fell short of the national championship. Not to mention he will probably end up a Saint.

Take it while its hot.

Agreed. Leinhart was the best example.

Could have gone to the Niners, made millions. Wanted another hiesman, didn't get it, and fell short of the national championship. Not to mention he will probably end up a Saint.

Take it while its hot.

1259125[/snapback]

He's still going to make millions, and its not like SF is exactly that attractive for a QB where as the Saints, although homeless, have WRs, and hopefully a RB with a decent line. If I was Leinart I would see what Alex Smith signed for and demand that he make more than him because he is clearly better than Smith and would've gone #1 if he went in last years draft. No matter what Bush makes I don't see Leinart making less than Smith. Just my take.

How could his stock get any higher? 

1259122[/snapback]

Since Lendale White is said to be declaring for the draft tomorrow, maybe he feels that by being the main guy and not splitting carries he could help himself. :D White (and Young of course) both outperformed him in the Rose Bowl, but IMO his stock didnt really take a hit because of it. I think he should still enter the draft............ :D and go to another team besides Houston.

NCAA | Bush far from a decision on the draft

Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:50:17 -0800

NBC Sports.com reports Southern California RB Reggie Bush told the Los Angeles Times that he is "far" from making his decision on whether to return for his senior year at Southern California or enter the 2006 NFL Draft. Bush met with USC head coach Pete Carroll and agent David Dunn for about one hour on campus Monday, Jan. 9, the Times said. "I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting.

1259068[/snapback]

Meeting with agents? I'm sure the NCAA will smile upon that, should he decide to return. :D

And there's nothing wrong with meeting with agents, as long as you aren't signing with them or accepting money/gifts from them.

1259201[/snapback]

I had a similar argument with my wife regarding strippers but she did not buy it.

I had a similar argument with my wife regarding strippers but she did not buy it.

1259211[/snapback]

You accepting gifts/money from strippers?! You need a different club, my friend. Or, is there something I don't know. :D

You accepting gifts/money from strippers?!  You need a different club, my friend.  Or, is there something I don't know.  :D

1259235[/snapback]

yah right buddy. If you know a strip club where they pay you to frequent it, you better share cuz I that's my new hang out spot. Even if i gotta drive cross country to get there.

His parents said he was going pro at the USC-UCLA game. He has till sunday to declare.

Houston has lots of pros

Truckload of money

No State Taxes

No pressure to win right away

Great fans

Great facility

Great Owner

Endorsement opps (crappy shoes from spammers, Mattress Mac, etc.)

Great Nightlife

What does he accomplish if he stays? Absolutely nothing.

just declare already...

99 percent chance he goes pro.

And there's nothing wrong with meeting with agents, as long as you aren't signing with them or accepting money/gifts from them.

1259201[/snapback]

someone sure disappeared from the college forum. Must need some time to find a new team to root for next season.

I can see a QB not coming out of college early and wide recievers not coming out of college early because there are nuances to those positions that can be honed in college - and if they do not have these little details down - it can really set them back in the pros.

This does not seem the case with RB. RBs either have it or they don't. Most of what they do is instinctive and all except for the speed it is the same game (college v pros)

If this is about education though (sure) I understand

david carr to the phins for ricky and a pick thrown in there somewhere?

texans take vince? vince and ricky in houston?

thatd be crazy

1260031[/snapback]

OK, I guess I will negotiate the Texans side of it :D

So now if we ended up getting Ricky what would we do with Domanick :D