[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger ?

Menudo

Who would you rather have ?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have ?

• Ben Roethlisberger
    • Eli Manning

People still voting for Eli.  :D

1267971[/snapback]

You obviously are basing your opinion only on current value and the fact that the Steelers are a better team than the Giants. So, why wouldn't people vote for Eli if they were looking at the entire career?

Personally, I could see the Eli/Ben comparisons looking like Peyton/Brady in a few years. Eli with the better stats, but Ben with a ring or two.

You obviously are basing your opinion only on current value and the fact that the Steelers are a better team than the Giants.  So, why wouldn't people vote for Eli if they were looking at the entire career?

Personally, I could see the Eli/Ben comparisons looking like Peyton/Brady in a few years.  Eli with the better stats, but Ben with a ring or two.

1268553[/snapback]

the thought of being a consistant playoff team im drooling over...but that comparison makes my stomach turn

|

|

J

:D

Ben plays on the superior team and has an offense perfect for a young QB.

Little Manning has the skills but needs more time and a few more weapons around him to flourish. I think both QB's will find success in the NFL. This poll could be re-visited in the next couple of years.

They are doing that to get to you.  There are a lot of unhappy Colts fans today, you know.  Believe me, people know.

1267974[/snapback]

Not me, I like Menudo. He is the perfect homer fan.

How many fans write gay poems when they win? :D

Ben plays on the superior team and has an offense perfect for a young QB.

Little Manning has the skills but needs more time and a few more weapons around him to flourish. I think both QB's will find success in the NFL. This poll could be re-visited in the next couple of years.

1268599[/snapback]

Confused about a few more weapons statement. Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey, Amani Toomer, and Plaxico Burress aren't considered weapons?

After yesterday, I don't want anyone named Manning on my team.

the thought of being a consistant playoff team im drooling over...but that comparison makes my stomach turn

|

|

J

:D

1268595[/snapback]

No, I wasn't fishing. I'm a Giants fan too, Robash. The fact is that Ben has had a better start to his career mainly because he has been on Superbowl caliber teams his first few years in the league since he was drafted late in round 1 by a team that already had most of the pieces to the puzzle. On the flip side, Eli was put into a situation where the Giants were in a rebuilding mode and was far away from being Superbowl caliber. The fact that he led a one of the worst teams in the league the previous season to an 11-5 record and a division title in his first full year as a starter is more impressive I think than Ben leading an already great team to the playoffs his first two seasons.

No, I wasn't fishing.  I'm a Giants fan too, Robash.  The fact is that Ben has had a better start to his career mainly because he has been on Superbowl caliber teams his first few years in the league since he was drafted late in round 1 by a team that already had most of the pieces to the puzzle.  On the flip side, Eli was put into a situation where the Giants were in a rebuilding mode and was far away from being Superbowl caliber.  The fact that he led a one of the worst teams in the league the previous season to an 11-5 record and a division title in his first full year as a starter is more impressive I think than Ben leading an already great team to the playoffs his first two seasons.

1269472[/snapback]

Why do so many people forget that the Steelers were 6-10 the season prior to Ben taking over ????

Why do so many people forget that the Steelers were 6-10 the season prior to Ben taking over ????

1269493[/snapback]

Look we all know you love Ben, and NO DOUBT he has been clearly more successful thus far between the 2, I mean he has led his team to 2 straight AFC title games, but you can't make any firm statements after 20 or so starts. That is not fair. The one place we WAY disagree is the teams around them. Yes Pitt was better than most thought last year but they were looked at as a good playoff level team. Meanwhile the Giants were looked at as pretty much awful last year and at best a 7 win team this year yet they won 11 with Eli. My only point is we need to stop discussing this on a week to week or month to month basis. This needs to be tabled for a few years and then looked at again. Again 20-25 starts doesn't make Ben or Eli better. I can say Eli won 11 games with a team projected for 7 or 8 wins and he threw 24 TD's, but it doesn't matter in comparing the 2 right now. That is for another day and time down the road.

Edited by giantsfan

Many experts thought Ben was the best QB before the draft. He is big, thletic, moves well, has a strong arm, is smart, but we will have to see in 10 who is best.

But why bother? Both teams got what they wanted.

No, I wasn't fishing.  I'm a Giants fan too, Robash.  The fact is that Ben has had a better start to his career mainly because he has been on Superbowl caliber teams his first few years in the league since he was drafted late in round 1 by a team that already had most of the pieces to the puzzle.  On the flip side, Eli was put into a situation where the Giants were in a rebuilding mode and was far away from being Superbowl caliber.  The fact that he led a one of the worst teams in the league the previous season to an 11-5 record and a division title in his first full year as a starter is more impressive I think than Ben leading an already great team to the playoffs his first two seasons.

1269472[/snapback]

that was meant for menudo :P

and i know your a giants homer...and i fully agree, ryan leaf would be the second coming if he played for pitt right now. rothy is good, and he has the benefit of the best situation the past two years

I will always click Eli. If Eli is hit by a bus tomorrow and lives his life out as a vegetable being fed theough a straw, I will still pick him.

Why? Because it is fun to do so. :D A high pitched whirring sound goes off in my head every time I click that button!

:D maybe I should have that checked...