[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiper's 1st Round Projections

THE SIX KINGS

Why does Kiper have the Rams taking a tight end?  They need help on defense.

A tight end for the Bears was a reasonable pick before they got Steve Smithed last Sunday.  I think da' Bears need to take the best DB available.

1276970[/snapback]

I agree with this. the 1 weak link all year in the Bears defense was defending the other teams go to WR.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Kiper have the Rams taking a tight end?  They need help on defense.

A tight end for the Bears was a reasonable pick before they got Steve Smithed last Sunday.  I think da' Bears need to take the best DB available.

1276970[/snapback]

With Vasher and Tillman?

20. Kansas City -- *Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State

Shocking to me, this kid is not that good and KC defense will not be improved because of him.

14. Philadelphia -- *Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State

This kid is a PRO in every facit of the game. Great route runner with deceptive speed, should be productive for years to come.

I like seeing 4 Bucks in the first round, but i don't think they should have that many taken, Carpenter and Youboty concern me at the next level.

My 2 observations would be that I don't think Lendale White will last as long as he projects and that unless there is a big difference in talent the Giants will take a playmaking CB/S over a LB. LB was decimated at the end of the year but Pierce and Greisen are 2 solids and think they can find a LB in FA cheaper than a good corner. That said I know nothing about most of the players in the draft so hard for me to critique too much. Thanks for posting it. darn ESPN Insider!!

Dallas will take one of these two:

Winston Justice, OT, USC

Marcus McNeill, OT Auburn

One other IF he's still on the board they will consider.

Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

Dallas will be looking to fix the O-line and get some youth at QB & WR.

On defense they will look to add a LB with Dat's career in question and they still need to get a reliable free saftey.

1276869[/snapback]

Not Bad :D

My Dallas Wish list. QB Jay Cutler, OT, FS, LB, OG, DT, FB JD Runnels.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I think Philly, NE, Carolina, Jax and Pittsburgh will be hard pressed to not consider White or Maroney at their picks.

1276540[/snapback]

Maroney, if picked this high, will be one of the biggest disappointments of the draft.

He can't run inside, he can't block, and he is an average pass receiver at best. His biggest plus is speed, but that was made to look even more impressive by an extremely talented Gopher offensive line which pulled its center on sweep plays. The only place I see him immediately succeeding is Denver because of offensive similarities, and well, let's face it, any RB seems to succeed there.

Edited by General Itals

My first thought is that this draft order is all screwed up, especially toward the end of the draft.  So that pretty much makes this prediction a mute point.

1277401[/snapback]

Those darn mutes. Always screwin' stuff up.

10. Arizona -- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis

I have never seen him play but hear great things....why would they waste another pick on a RB with JJ and Shipp in the fold....I'd look to take an OL then DL here, unless the problem is with the RB?

Any 'Zona homers have any insight?

As per usual us NE homers won't know until the draft, we are getting the old best player line.

IMO we need.

DB - free agency hasn't helped and even if Law comes back it'll be only for a year or 2

LB - McGinist and Bruscci are not getting any younger

WR - Givens is probably gone. Branch is no. 1, Davis/Brown/Dwight are no. 3's and Bethel Johnson is a bust. Moulds could be an option.

RB - especially if Dillon can't get back to 2004 form

QB - need a backup or a 3rd option behind Cassell.

Thoughts?

Good luck to all playing this weekend. Go Carolina!!!

I posted in a thread a week or to ago, when the Packer Homers were discussing their 1st round draft pick, and it appears MK agrees with me about Mario Williams-trust me Packer Nation, KGB would pay this kid himself to play the other DE, he's going to be an excellent player, and is much more ahead of Peppers at this time in their careers. I'd love to see him fall to Carolina-aint gonna happen.

1276679[/snapback]

Are you serious? I know they compare him to Peppers but I didn't realize he was farther along than Julius. If that is the case I am going to be po'd if the Packers don't take him. Not to mention really hoping he makes it to them.

Thanks for the info though.

GO PACK

I posted in a thread a week or to ago, when the Packer Homers were discussing their 1st round draft pick, and it appears MK agrees with me about Mario Williams-trust me Packer Nation, KGB would pay this kid himself to play the other DE, he's going to be an excellent player, and is much more ahead of Peppers at this time in their careers. I'd love to see him fall to Carolina-aint gonna happen.

1276679[/snapback]

Yeah I'm hoping for Mario Williams as well. A lot of people have them taking AJ Hawk. I'm sure Hawk is a great player, but special DEs don't come around very often. Add in the fact that this draft is deep at the LB position. They should be able to address LB in the 2nd rd if they don't do so in FA. Sure it won't be AJ Hawk but I think the dropoff at the DE position from the 1st to the 2nd will be greater than it will be for LB.

Hook, i couldnt agree with you more....about LenDale White.....some people actually are holding out hope that he falls to the Pats...

i wrote this a couple days ago

forever in debt to mo lewis 1/16/06 11:11pm Post #33

Huddler

Group: Members

Member No.: 8,311

QUOTE(Caveman_Nick @ 1/16/06 10:55pm)

I missed the lower case l in light and read right over it...

as far as Corey goes, I think he might haev another season, but wouldn't it be good to get your hands on a rook now to see how he plays?

i could live with it...but as far as white falling...i mean...i think andy reid might Athena himself if whites still around when he picks....regardless, he wont be around, i think thats just pure fantasy land if you think hes falling...i dont expect deangelo to be there either...im just not sold on laurence maroney....and im going to find it hard to believe that the patriots will be either....just dont see it as good value...when there will probably be another player that they really like...

oh, and im a pretty big ND fan myself...no way is anthony fasano a 1st rounder

10. Arizona -- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis

I have never seen him play but hear great things....why would they waste another pick on a RB with JJ and Shipp in the fold....I'd look to take an OL then DL here, unless the problem is with the RB? 

Any 'Zona homers have any insight?

As per usual us NE homers won't know until the draft, we are getting the old best player line.

IMO we need.

DB - free agency hasn't helped and even if Law comes back it'll be only for a year or 2

LB - McGinist and Bruscci are not getting any younger

WR - Givens is probably gone.  Branch is no. 1, Davis/Brown/Dwight are no. 3's and Bethel Johnson is a bust.  Moulds could be an option.

RB - especially if Dillon can't get back to 2004 form

QB - need a backup or a 3rd option behind Cassell.

Thoughts?

Good luck to all playing this weekend.  Go Carolina!!!

1277526[/snapback]

nhoops...in my opinion...theres almost no way there going with a defensive back in the 1st....unless theres a safety they fall in love with.....but i just dont see it....i think theyll address the corner issue via free agency and maybe grab a young safety in the middle rounds, which seems to be a yearly tradition

i agree though...we need to get younger in our linebacker corp....i could live with bobby carpenter, love the projected kiper pick there...im also very intrigued by manny lawson from nc state....you put 20lbs on his frame...and i think you are looking at the heir apparent to willie mac....

davis, dwight, and troy brown are looking at free agency along with david givens....id like to see some investigation into the maturity of koren robinson, by the front office.....it seems he may have turned the corner....could be a nice addition and could help in the kick return game

Maroney, if picked this high, will be one of the biggest disappointments of the draft.

He can't run inside, he can't block, and he is an average pass receiver at best.  His biggest plus is speed, but that was made to look even more impressive by an extremely talented Gopher offensive line which pulled its center on sweep plays.  The only place I see him immediately succeeding is Denver because of offensive similarities, and well, let's face it, any RB seems to succeed there.

1277373[/snapback]

Have you actually watched Maroney play for more than one game? I'm just curious because what I saw out of him I was very impressed. Yes, MN's O line was solid and he played on a fast surface, but he was very strong, ran well inside (from the games I watched him play), broke tackles and has the home run threat everytime he touches the ball. I think he can be a star at the next level. Just my opinion.....I know drafts are a crap shoot. I can't comment on his receiving skills though, I didn't see too many screens or passes thrown his way.