[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

America as we Know/Knew it is no longer

cliaz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

every citizen's rights in this country are limited at the point that you start infringing on someone else's rights. at that point, your rights don't matter. if she was making a scene or making people feel unsafe, they did the right thing. if not, i would not go as far as say america is dead. please. we have 2 very strong political parties that hate each other. that's how this country got founded. america is very much alive.

She was in the House Gallery.  They have right to maintain control.

By the way, I think that she is being "used" by Bush haters.  This is from a person that thinks Bush is the missing link from Ape to man.

1299009[/snapback]

Good info here. :D

Sheehan is a wacko and moran. I sympathize with her for her loss but she's just being used by the left wingers at this point. :D

Wearing a shirt is not the same as being disruptive or making people feel unsafe. Lets face it, she was arrested for suspicion that she was going to be disruptive ...

That is not American. Period. Whether you agree with her point of view or not.

If a right winger was thrown out of a Clinton presidential address because he/she wore a shirt with anti-abortion slogans or pro-god in public school slogans, the current Bushuckses would be going freakin nuts ...

that's all crap.  She had not been a distraction at all.  They saw her shirt and arrested her.  period.  Un-american.  Doesn't matter if you agree with her point of view or not.

1299023[/snapback]

She loses credibility with each passing occurrence. She is going to end up like Marth Burke, insignificant.

:D

as in my first post, i'm not going to say whether or not she was doing anything wrong because i don't know. and frankly, neither do you. everything i have read says she was arrested for "unlawful conduct". i'll be the first to admit that she may have been completely innocent because "unlawful conduct" sounds like bullshucks. but like i said in my first post, if she was making people feel unsafe (99 % of our government was in attendence), then they had every right to get rid of her. if not, this is hardly an issue that should be blown up into "america is dead" and that was "unamerican". that's silly. and yes, i do think that somebody going into a democratic rally with a pro-war or anti-abortion shirt would get the same treatment. and it would probably get a bunch of crap spewn about it by all the republican supporters. and i would say the same exact thing if that occured too. if that person was trying to make a statement, fine. if that person was making someone feel unsafe, they should be chucked. i don't care who it is or what party you're from, if you do something to put the spotlight on yourself in a place where you probably aren't welcome, you're going to get spit on. that's american.

She loses credibility with each passing occurrence. She is going to end up like Marth Burke, insignificant.

:D

1299037[/snapback]

Flying the Americans flag to celebrate the arrest of someone for wearing a shirt with political speech seems, well ..... sad. Very sad.

That flag must stand for different things for the two of us ...

Flying the Americans flag to celebrate the arrest of someone for wearing a shirt with political speech seems, well ..... sad.  Very sad.

That flag must stand for different things for the two of us ...

1299041[/snapback]

Don't blame me, I'm Canadian.

as in my first post, i'm not going to say whether or not she was doing anything wrong because i don't know.  and frankly, neither do you.  everything i have read says she was arrested for "unlawful conduct".  i'll be the first to admit that she may have been completely innocent because "unlawful conduct" sounds like bullshucks.  but like i said in my first post, if she was making people feel unsafe (99 % of our government was in attendence), then they had every right to get rid of her.  if not, this is hardly an issue that should be blown up into "america is dead" and that was "unamerican".  that's silly.  and yes, i do think that somebody going into a democratic rally with a pro-war or anti-abortion shirt would get the same treatment.  and it would probably get a bunch of crap spewn about it by all the republican supporters.  and i would say the same exact thing if that occured too.  if that person was trying to make a statement, fine.  if that person was making someone feel unsafe, they should be chucked.  i don't care who it is or what party you're from, if you do something to put the spotlight on yourself in a place where you probably aren't welcome, you're going to get spit on.  that's american.

1299039[/snapback]

:D You are making it hard on me to pick an argument when you are lucid in your post.

I see your point but if she had a ticket, which she did I believe, and when the news broke lastnight before Bush's speech started she wasn't disorderly (as shown on FOX 5 news) and she is removed because of her t-shirt that is UNAMERICAN and violates her freedom of speech. If she had a ticket, she had every right to be there. And they had no right to remove her. Doesn't matter if it was her against the war at a republican gatherings or some pro-war chick at a democrat gathering.

:D  You are making it hard on me to pick an argument when you are lucid in your post. 

I see your point but if she had a ticket, which she did I believe, and when the news broke lastnight before Bush's speech started she wasn't disorderly (as shown on FOX 5 news) and she is removed because of her t-shirt that is UNAMERICAN and violates her freedom of speech.  If she had a ticket, she had every right to be there.  And they had no right to remove her.  Doesn't matter if it was her against the war at a republican gatherings or some pro-war chick at a democrat gathering.

1299051[/snapback]

agreed. no doubt about it. if they removed her and she was doing nothing wrong, i think they made a mistake. if she was, i think they did the right thing. we aren't dis-agreeing on that. and i really didn't respond to pick a fight. i responded because i think these things get blown up too much and they give us a sense that some great wrong has been done. and that very well may be the case. i just don't think america is dead because a war-protesting person got thrown out of a war-supporting president's speech.

My heart goes out to this woman for losing her son but I feel there is a time and a place for everything. Whether you agree with him or not or like him etc hes the president of the United States and he is addressing our country . I dont need to be distracted during that. If they were having a memorial for her son and someone showed up wearing pro bush and pro war gear would that be unamerican ? Losing a child to a war that she feels is unjust has to be gauling to this woman and im not insensitive to that but that doesnt give her the right to do whatever she wants IMO.

agreed.  no doubt about it.  if they removed her and she was doing nothing wrong, i think they made a mistake.  if she was, i think they did the right thing.  we aren't dis-agreeing on that.  and i really didn't respond to pick a fight.  i responded because i think these things get blown up too much and they give us a sense that some great wrong has been done.  and that very well may be the case.  i just don't think america is dead because a war-protesting person got thrown out of a war-supporting president's speech.

1299060[/snapback]

See, it's just not that. Bush he has surrounded himself with yes men and he does not see the world for the individual countries they are. He is a crooked man, not that anyone in office is honest but still....

I hate republicans almost as much as I hate democrats.....

See, it's just not that.  Bush he has surrounded himself with yes men and he does not see the world for the individual countries they are.  He is a crooked man, not that anyone in office is honest but still....

1299093[/snapback]

that is the main thing.....all these guys are crooks

See, it's just not that.  Bush he has surrounded himself with yes men and he does not see the world for the individual countries they are.  He is a crooked man, not that anyone in office is honest but still....

1299093[/snapback]

Republican booted too

It's not what the t-shirt said, it violated a rule in the chamber about protests or political statements or something like that.

In any event, she's a fruitcake. Why you have your undies in such a bunch over this transparent stunt is beyond me.