[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What if...

H8tank

Would you punch a 16yr old Helmeted snowborder who knocked your 7yr old daughter down while she was trying to ski?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you punch a 16yr old Helmeted snowborder who knocked your 7yr old daughter down while she was trying to ski?

• Yes, someone needs to protect the children.
    • No, knocking down small children is what snow borders are supposed to do.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I..umm...agree...with...H8. There. I said it. I have to go rest now.

I was just talking about this with a friend of mine. There's a ski club for kids grade 4-12 on Fridays. Her 4th grader joined, and they make a weekly family trip of it. Several schools have Friday night skiing and the place is crowded. Lots of teenage snowboard marauders flying all over too. One of them took her out last week, and they regularly knock over smaller kids, then whine "I didn't know she was going to turn that way." I'll stay home, thanks.

1299743[/snapback]

the one time you agree with h8 is when he advocates kicking the ass of a 16 year old girl who is trying to apologize? :D

Thanks wedgie, you dik, ruined it.  :D

1299836[/snapback]

Sorry about that--I noticed that you intentionally didn't specify the gender of the snowboarder and I thought you had gathered enough input to drop the bomb on people that it was a she.

wow

After being separated from the snowboarder Berg launched into a tirade and threatened "to (expletive) kill" the snowboarder, police said.

"There are fights and misunderstandings, but never have I seen anything with that kind of rage in my law enforcement career," the captain said.

:D

wow

After being separated from the snowboarder Berg launched into a tirade and threatened "to (expletive) kill" the snowboarder, police said.

"There are fights and misunderstandings, but never have I seen anything with that kind of rage in my law enforcement career," the captain said.

:D

1299899[/snapback]

that cop has never been to a youth hockey game then

the one time you agree with h8 is when he advocates kicking the ass of a 16 year old girl who is trying to apologize? :D

1299851[/snapback]

Nobody hurts my kids. Not more than once anyway. :D

Wanna change your vote in the catfight now?

Snowboarding has brought an entirely new "type" of people to the slopes. This has less to do with skiing vs. snowboarding, this is more about the type of people that snowboard.

1300021[/snapback]

:D by that logic, i guess you could argue that skiing has also brought a new type of people to the slopes....hyper-aggro 50-somethings who attack teenage girls.

Please. It's a mountain. It's sloped downward. People ski and board down the hill, some faster than others. If your 7 year old can't get out of the way, perhaps she should stay at home. It's a big bad world out there, and it ain't always fair. You know that contact by others (intentional or not) might happen if you put your kid into any kind of sporting environment. So if/when that happens, you can't get too upset about it, especially if it was indavertent.

That said, assuming the person (skis, board, doesn't matter) was being reckless on like a green square kiddie slope and I got a hold of them, yeah, I'd rough 'em up a little. (Like I said, it's a big bad world out there). But people who want to go a million miles an hour and risk their lives can go down black diamonds if they want to, where that kind of behavior is more expected.

Edited by yo mama

Please.  It's a mountain.  It's sloped downward.  People ski and board down the hill, some faster than others.  If your 7 year old can't get out of the way, perhaps she should stay at home. It's a big bad world out there, and it ain't always fair.  You know that contact by others (intentional or not) might happen if you put your kid into any kind of sporting environment.  So if/when that happens, you can't get too upset about it, especially if it was indavertent.

That said, assuming the person (skis, board, doesn't matter) was being reckless on like a green square kiddie slope and I got a hold of them, yeah, I'd rough 'em up a little.  (Like I said, it's a big bad world out there).  But people who want to go a million miles an hour and risk their lives can go down black diamonds if they want to, where that kind of behavior is more expected.

1300101[/snapback]

Doesn't traditional ski slope etiquette say that the upslope person has to watch out for the lower slope people? I'm not around ski slopes often, but my experience of snowboarders is that they don't often consider anyone else on the slope.

Doesn't traditional ski slope etiquette say that the upslope person has to watch out for the lower slope people? I'm not around ski slopes often, but my experience of snowboarders is that they don't often consider anyone else on the slope.

1300109[/snapback]

Ettiquette may say that. There may even be rules that say that. But we all know that, in reality, there are people who are going to ignore both. YOU have to be aware of what's going on and YOU have to protect yourself from those who don't follow the rules. If you're not up to that task, then don't assume the known risk.

Like I said, I'd still go rough the guy up if he was being reckless on a kiddie slope because that's bull. But I don't get on the slopes - and certainly wouldn't put my 7 year old on the slopes - without a firm understanding that you've got to watch out for yourself because not everyone is going to play by the rules. It's a dangerous sport and people get hurt all the time. You simply can't get out of bed in the morning, let alone strap on some skis and head down a mountain, assuming that every single other person you come into contact with is going to look out for you.

Edited by yo mama

:D by that logic, i guess you could argue that skiing has also brought a new type of people to the slopes....hyper-aggro 50-somethings who attack teenage girls.

1300077[/snapback]

You're telling me that a majority of snowboarders who frequent the slopes aren't skateboarders and such, who would never have set foot near a mountain if there only option was skiing? Please, I await your response.

You're telling me that a majority of snowboarders who frequent the slopes aren't skateboarders and such, who would never have set foot near a mountain if there only option was skiing? Please, I await your response.

1300159[/snapback]

I'm a snowboarder. I snowboard with 6-10 guys who are all 30 years old and respectful of everyone on the slopes.

Being a dangerous sport, accidents are going to happen. There are plenty of skiiers who are just as out-of-control as snowboarders. Trust me. I've done both.