[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are You a Racist?

Jumpin Johnies

Do You Discriminate Against Any Race?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Discriminate Against Any Race?

• Yes I am Racist
    • No I'm not Racist

It'll probablyy fit her, if that's what you mean-- you two look to be about the same size. But judging from your predilection towards Vettes, she'd have to take it in a little in the crotch.

1303701[/snapback]

:D I'm basically like the rest of the people here from the sound of it. I hate poor people.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that has anything to do with racism. You're exposed to the lower class of society, I don't agree that it's a black/white thing. Go to a very low class white neighborhood and your treatment will be no better.

1303686[/snapback]

There is a difference. I have worked in predominantly lower class white areas as well.

It is what it is! That seems to be the new NFL catch phrase, so I guess it applies here as well.

I will add this though, I don't want my daughters dating anyone from another race. Primarily because if they were to get pregnant it would be pretty bad. Mixed children are not well received in these parts by whites or blacks.

I wouldn't consider my self racist.  I like black people, and would probably tap Halle Berry and a few others.  I like Mexicans and would probably tap Penelope Cruz and a few others.  I like white people and would proably tap Jennifer Garner and a few others.  That being said, I hate n*ggers, spicks, and white trash.  It isn't the persons color of skin that I judge, it is their actions and attitude.  So you tell me am I racist?

1303712[/snapback]

yes, if you're using terms that refer to their race and not their actions. using racial terms like that certainly casts doubt on your assertion that it's not "the color of skin that you judge". is it difficult to point out what a piece of trash someone is without chalking it up to the color of their skin? if you look at a dirtbag, and instead of just seeing a dirtbag you see a black dirtbag, white dirtbag, mexican dirtbag....well then you are indeed quite a racist. sorry.

this is not true based on my pizza delivering experience- the scum bag whites still give a tip to their driver like they are supposed to....

1303708[/snapback]

My point is that trash is trash. No matter what color you might be, you are still an individual. Maybe to them you look like some honky that shouldn't be in their neighborhood whereas the white trash will give you the $1 tip. Who knows.

I've been living in NYC for many years and any racist tendencies that I've had in the past vanished. People are people. IMO There are good people, bad people and everyone in between but it has NOTHING to do with the color of their skin.

I pretty much hate all members of the human race

1303510[/snapback]

yup but tolerate them till my friends come to destroy this planet...

Just my guess, but most racists probably don't realize they are racists. Especially because ingnorance is considered the biggest cause of racism. Personally I just hate stupid people, black, white, yellow, purple...makes no difference to me.

1303528[/snapback]

:D

yes, if you're using terms that refer to their race and not their actions.  using racial terms like that certainly casts doubt on your assertion that it's not "the color of skin that you judge".  is it difficult to point out what a piece of trash someone is without chalking it up to the color of their skin?  if you look at a dirtbag, and instead of just seeing a dirtbag you see a black dirtbag, white dirtbag, mexican dirtbag....well then you are indeed quite a racist.  sorry.

1303762[/snapback]

So when I call someone white trash I'm being racist against my on race? Can that be done?

Are ghetto leach and traier park trash allowed? I can change my discription.

There is a difference. I have worked in predominantly lower class white areas as well.

It is what it is!  That seems to be the new NFL catch phrase, so I guess it applies here as well.

1303737[/snapback]

Unfortunately you're right, it is what it is. Look at the results of the poll, I think it's pretty sad. I would like to see this poll broken down geographically. I bet most of you racist Huddlers are below the Mason-Dixon line.

Unfortunately you're right, it is what it is. Look at the results of the poll, I think it's pretty sad. I would like to see this poll broken down geographically. I bet most of you racist Huddlers are below the Mason-Dixon line.

1303781[/snapback]

Probably, but there is also a higher concentration of blacks and mexicans below the Mason-Dixon line.

Probably, but there is also a higher concentration of blacks and mexicans below the Mason-Dixon line.

1303788[/snapback]

How do you know there's a higher concentration of african americans in the south? Not to "go there", but the south is stuck way in the past. You confederates gotta give up your Good Ole Boy attitudes and get with the program.

Just my guess, but most racists probably don't realize they are racists. Especially because ingnorance is considered the biggest cause of racism. Personally I just hate stupid people, black, white, yellow, purple...makes no difference to me.

1303528[/snapback]

I completely agree. Stupid people drive me nuts waaaay more than people's color. Just because there's more stupid people of a particular color doesn't make me a racist. :D

1303781[/snapback]

How do you know there's a higher concentration of african americans in the south? Not to "go there", but the south is stuck way in the past. You confederates gotta give up your Good Ole Boy attitudes and get with the program.

1303797[/snapback]

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=racist

rac·ism

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Sigh.

I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of? obviously subscribes to definition #1. That's fine. But y'all have to realize that definition #2 can be on many levels, and therefore, could peg someone a "racist" while not being in the KKK or taking the very negatively-connotated version of "racist".

that may be- but he speaks the truth on this particular issue...

1303822[/snapback]

I'll bite on this one. So black people don't tip? This is a fact?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=racist

rac·ism 

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Sigh.

I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of? obviously subscribes to definition #1.  That's fine.  But y'all have to realize that definition #2 can be on many levels, and therefore, could peg someone a "racist" while not being in the KKK or taking the very negatively-connotated version of "racist".

1303824[/snapback]

:D I'm not a racist.

Cracks me up how people can order $11 worth of food and pay with change, etc. and then don't tip the delivery guy.If you are so bad off that you can't give a friggin' $1 tip then take your $11-go to the grocery store and buy pasta to feed your family for the next week.

1303637[/snapback]

Ah, but that would require effort, and we all know poor people are lazy - and stupid too. I voted 'no BTW... :D

:D I'm not a racist.

1303828[/snapback]

So you are ONE HUNDRED PERCENT color-blind? Don't get the LEAST BIT NERVOUS in the ghetto?

Come on. You're an accomplished poker player, and you're gonna sit there and say that Asians are typically aggressive poker players? Edit: If you agree with this, even slightly agree, then you have race-based bias/stereotype.

Again, it's all about the connotation of the word. When someone's dubbed a "racist", you automatically think of the KKK or someone that "hates" a specific race. Take a step back. Take two even. Think a bit out of the box and realize that humans are inherently going to feel more comfortable in certain situations - and often times they have to do with race. It's unfortunate, but it's just the way it is.

Edited by darin3

1303797[/snapback]

This is how I know. The fact is if you don't have a bunch of gang banger around you, more than likely you are not going to have as bad of an opinion of gang bangers as those that have a bunch of them around. I'm not saying the majority of blacks are gang bangers most are not. Most are good people, just like most Mexicans and most whites are good people. I just find it funny to hear people from the North talk down to Southerners from their literally ivory towers. The reason there are more racists in the South if that is in fact the case is because there are more blacks and mexicans in the South. It doesn't take a nuclear scientist to see a correlation there.

Edit to add: I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?, where you are from has an above average distribution of white non-hispanics, and is the most segregated between whites and blacks, and between whites and hispanics. So in New York you are much less likely to to see these three races together.

Edited by Perchoutofwater