[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are You a Racist?

Jumpin Johnies

Do You Discriminate Against Any Race?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Discriminate Against Any Race?

• Yes I am Racist
    • No I'm not Racist

I've big issue with a certain arab religion.  I guess that qualifies as a 'yes'.

beyond that I am equally annoyed by everyone.

1303574[/snapback]

A certain Arab religion? I didn't know beliefs were based on ethnicity. I guess you learn something new every day.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my guess, but most racists probably don't realize they are racists. Especially because ingnorance is considered the biggest cause of racism. Personally I just hate stupid people, black, white, yellow, purple...makes no difference to me.

1303528[/snapback]

Exactly how I feel.

I am more racially biased than I used to be, and it's unfortunate. When I'm at work I spend many of my hours among the lower classes, ( transients, housing projects ) and due to where I live most of that population is black.

The way many of them in general treat me and my co-workers, their children and spouses, and themselves often disgusts me. I worked for awhile out west on an Indian reservation and formed the same opinions.

I believe strongly in that if you put forth respect and kindness to a person, they should return it in kind, but that is NOT the case in this world. I don't have the compassion and understanding I once did, because there are many in this world who will take advantage.

I think the big issue here is how does one classify another as a "racist"?

I definitly have my preconceived notions about other races, but that doesn't mean that I hate "all blacks" or think that "all chinese smell like fish", etc. I generally take individulas that I meet and interact with on a person by person, case by case basis- so what does that make me?

I voted "yes" in the poll BTW

A certain Arab religion? I didn't know beliefs were based on ethnicity. I guess you learn something new every day.

1303640[/snapback]

I have a problem with an extremist Middle Eastern, north African brand of Islam. What point are you trying to make here?

Are you suggesting that this brand of Islam has spread beyond these areas or that not all folk practicing said religion are guilty of its crimes. Which ever it is - I dig. Or are you trying to get across some other point of semantics?

I am more racially biased than I used to be, and it's unfortunate.  When I'm at work I spend many of my hours among the lower classes, ( transients, housing projects ) and due to where I live most of that population is black.

The way many of them in general treat me and my co-workers, their children and spouses, and themselves often disgusts me.  I worked for awhile out west on an Indian reservation and formed the same opinions.

I believe strongly in that if you put forth respect and kindness to a person, they should return it in kind,  but that is NOT the case in this world.  I don't have the compassion and understanding I once did, because there are many in this world who will take advantage.

1303660[/snapback]

socio-economic or race?

often it's enmeshed

Edited by Bier Meister

i'm sorry, i don't understand. 

why would you hire a woman you don't want to have sex with?  :D

1303665[/snapback]

:D Good point. I must re-assess my hiring practices. :D

(Like I'd hire a colored anyway.)

There are degrees of racism. 

Would I kiss, have sex, marry a black lady?  No. 

Would I hire that same black lady?  Yes.

Does that make me racist?

1303655[/snapback]

I for one would love to have sex with a black lady. :D

There are degrees of racism. 

Would I kiss, have sex, marry a black lady?  No. 

Would I hire that same black lady?  Yes.

Does that make me racist?

1303655[/snapback]

You wouldn't nail this?

Edited by Sam

I am more racially biased than I used to be, and it's unfortunate.  When I'm at work I spend many of my hours among the lower classes, ( transients, housing projects ) and due to where I live most of that population is black.

The way many of them in general treat me and my co-workers, their children and spouses, and themselves often disgusts me.  I worked for awhile out west on an Indian reservation and formed the same opinions.

I believe strongly in that if you put forth respect and kindness to a person, they should return it in kind,  but that is NOT the case in this world.  I don't have the compassion and understanding I once did, because there are many in this world who will take advantage.

1303660[/snapback]

I don't think that has anything to do with racism. You're exposed to the lower class of society, I don't agree that it's a black/white thing. Go to a very low class white neighborhood and your treatment will be no better.

socio-econic or race?

often it's enmeshed

1303667[/snapback]

I guess it's a bit of both Bier. I get sick and tired of the "oppressed race" bullshucks. I deal with plenty of low income whites, and you don't get that of course.

But I hate that mentality of "I can be disrespectful, angry, violent and a deadbeat because I never had a chance because I'm black". It's just a cop out to justify being a loser.

1303660[/snapback]

socio-econic or race?

often it's enmeshed

1303667[/snapback]

yeah. there are so many things that make us different from other people, and make us tend to form groups or whatever. race is the most superficial, but because we're so superficial and really just morally and intellectually lazy, we will ascribe any of these difference to the difference in skin color. we assume certain cultural backgrounds, attitudes, values, etc. simply by noticing the color of someone's skin, and it is wrong to do so. but of course we all do it. i guess to me the most important thing is recognizing it's wrong, and not making excuses trying to justify it.

I guess it's a bit of both Bier. I get sick and tired of the "oppressed race" bullshucks.  I deal with plenty of low income whites, and you don't get that of course.

But I hate that mentality of "I can be disrespectful, angry, violent and a deadbeat because I never had a chance because I'm black".  It's just a cop out to justify being a loser.

1303687[/snapback]

thanks for the clarification....... originally sounded like your beliefs were more founded on economic status.

Depends...would she wear the Aunt Jemima outfit in my closet?  :D

1303694[/snapback]

It'll probablyy fit her, if that's what you mean-- you two look to be about the same size. But judging from your predilection towards Vettes, she'd have to take it in a little in the crotch.

yeah.  there are so many things that make us different from other people, and make us tend to form groups or whatever.  race is the most superficial, but because we're so superficial and really just morally and intellectually lazy, we will ascribe any of these difference to the difference in skin color.  we assume certain cultural backgrounds, attitudes, values, etc. simply by noticing the color of someone's skin, and it is wrong to do so.  but of course we all do it.  i guess to me the most important thing is recognizing it's wrong, and not making excuses trying to justify it.

1303698[/snapback]

Well said...

I don't think that has anything to do with racism. You're exposed to the lower class of society, I don't agree that it's a black/white thing. Go to a very low class white neighborhood and your treatment will be no better.

1303686[/snapback]

this is not true based on my pizza delivering experience- the scum bag whites still give a tip to their driver like they are supposed to....

I wouldn't consider my self racist. I like black people, and would probably tap Halle Berry and a few others. I like Mexicans and would probably tap Penelope Cruz and a few others. I like white people and would proably tap Jennifer Garner and a few others. That being said, I hate n*ggers, spicks, and white trash. It isn't the persons color of skin that I judge, it is their actions and attitude. So you tell me am I racist?