[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are You a Racist?

Jumpin Johnies

Do You Discriminate Against Any Race?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Discriminate Against Any Race?

• Yes I am Racist
    • No I'm not Racist

well....that's going all the way over to cultural relativism, and i don't agree with that one bit.  i don't mind saying, objectively, that it's pretty lousy not to tip your server in a restaurant.  but at the same time, associating tipping habits with skin color is absurd.

1304132[/snapback]

:D I can't agree or disagree with the claims, but if that is a person's own empirical experience how can you call them on it?

Now, I am not saying that it's a genetic thing, and I am sure it is a cultural thing. I'm just not sure why that matters...?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D  I can't agree or disagree with the claims, but if that is a person's own empirical experience how can you call them on it?

Now, I am not saying that it's a genetic thing, and I am sure it is a cultural thing.  I'm just not sure why that matters...?

1304139[/snapback]

it matters enormously because our society is sick with preconceived notions about groups of people. given our racial history, our preconceived notions about skin color are particularly odious, and particularly dangerous to the idea of people being judged by the content of their character.

it matters enormously because our society is sick with preconceived notions about groups of people.  given our racial history, our preconceived notions about skin color are particularly odious, and particularly dangerous to the idea of people being judged by the content of their character.

1304155[/snapback]

True, but the major driving forces behind racism today are cultural and economic. Issues there are manifested into racial animosity all the time.

well....that's going all the way over to cultural relativism, and i don't agree with that one bit.  i don't mind saying, objectively, that it's pretty lousy not to tip your server in a restaurant.  but at the same time, associating tipping habits with skin color is absurd.

1304132[/snapback]

I believe it is a cultural thing, they ask if there was a delivery charge and figure that is good enough. My wife was in the restraunt biz for many yaers from a waitress , bartender to management. The majority of black people would run you silly and leave one dollar for a tip, after asking for everything under the sun, This is not hte exception to the rule, just the way it is.

I wonder if my avy had any influenece on this thread...I didn't mean for it to be racist. I was racist in my younger years but now I'm not. The military cleansed my eyes of color. We were all equal. However as I am out...and I get pissed off at people mainly because they act like a "stereotype"...like a "Ni@@er"...however that name covers all races in my opinion. It doesn't represent race to me but an action or a description of an attitude. However...if yer cool with me I'm cool with you...I treat everyone the same.