[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So...

darin3

I've semi-defended Best Buy a few times in here. But now, my fuse has become shorter with them. Long story short, bought a dishwasher in October. Had the installer (a rookie, obviously) come out, who said he couldn't get my existing one out. Holidays came and went, and tried contacting several general contractors with flooring experience to come out and see if they could get it out. No such luck, so I had Best Buy come out again a few weeks ago to see if a better installer would have more luck. If not, they'd simply haul the big asz box away and I'd get refunded. Well, the installer says that he would be able to get it out with a Saws-All, but that the new dishwasher would probably be too tall. Oh, and he couldn't take the thing back with him, as he was done for the day. Of course. So I call the store (and as an aside, the people at the store have been real good... it's just their 800-customer service / installation number that suck asz) and the manager figures out that another brand is shorter and they'd swap it out for me. So they make an appointment. The installer people call me and leave a message asking if the dishwasher was already here at my place or if they had to pick it up. Um. :D I call back about 20 minutes later, and tell them that it is here. They proceed to tell me that because the installer didn't get the info in time, they'd have to reschedule. Now I'm pissed. Call the store again, and they set me up for another appointment. Super Bowl Sunday, dude calls me up and says that there was a glitch in the system - of course - and that it would be Wednesday, not Monday. So here it is, Wednesday. Didn't get a verification call last night, so called first thing this morning. You guessed it: I'm "in the system", but they aren't able to come out today. So I raise holy He||, call the store again... and as of yet, it's unresolved... although I do have an appointment set for Saturday. Of course they'll probably come up with some other lame excuse then. At least I won't have to take the day off work. Guess that wasn't much of a "long story short". Sorry. Silver lining, though: it's like 90 degrees here... gonna walk around the corner to the local watering hole (they have an outdoor BBQ) and have a pitcher and grill up a burger (so yeah, twiley, watch your phone). Might as well enjoy my last days in California.

So, bottom line: Best Buy, in general, sucks. Their customer service / installation people are absolutely rehtahded. At least my local store's employees give a little bit of a crap... and perhaps they give me a gift card or something.

:D ... :D ... :D

Sounds like similar issues I've had with Charter Communications.

(they have an outdoor BBQ) and have a pitcher and grill up a burger (so yeah, twiley, watch your phone).  Might as well enjoy my last days in California. 

1313962[/snapback]

And you suck. :D

So, bottom line:  Best Buy, in general, sucks.  Their customer service / installation people are absolutely rehtahded.  At least my local store's employees give a little bit of a crap... and perhaps they give me a gift card or something.

1313962[/snapback]

I will be amazed if the gift card thing happens. I got nothing for being accused of being a thief and having to fight for 3 weeks to have my money refunded.

Tough couple of months... I had a similar experience with Circuit City and have not stepped in one of their stores for 9 years. At least you're getting some response at the store level.

By the way, you are completely within your rights to ask for compensation/gift card for your time, efforts, and their mistakes. They will not offer it to you, but if you ask for a specific, reasonable amount, they might be inclined to say yes.... $50 g/c sounds reasonable. It makes it easier to ask and more difficult to them to say no, because it sounds like you have maintained a good relationship at the store level.

Best Buy sucks. They are way over priced and their server hobbles my wrinkled sack.

Always go mom and pop when dealing with installation. They will work head over heels to make you happy so you don't sue them.

Same with hookers, never get one with a pimp, always an independant contractor

so right about now Darin is at the local watering hole on the patio enjoying his pitcher of beer and a nice fat cheeseburger in 80 plus degree weather. Boy I really feel sorry for him.

I can't wait to leave the office today and go into 25 degree weather to go home and hear the wife bizotch at me about wanting to go work out after working all day.

Rough one there Darin. :D

so right about now Darin is at the local watering hole on the patio enjoying his pitcher of beer and a nice fat cheeseburger in 80 plus degree weather.  Boy I really feel sorry for him. 

I can't wait to leave the office today and go into 25 degree weather to go home and hear the wife bizotch at me about wanting to go work out after working all day.

Rough one there Darin.  :D

1314083[/snapback]

:D I just got some pics on my phone. Don't feel TOO sorry for him.

My day is ok. My company finally agreed to pick up my cell phone on the corporate account. It's like a raise... but, well... not really.

What's really like a raise is resubmitting my W4 to give me an additional $250/month in my paycheck since I now have a kid, daycare expenses, and a house. A $3000 tax return was a nice check, but good lord... I had no idea I was overpaying that much.

Also... when the $3K comes from the government with both our names on it... the wife thinks half of it is hers. :D

Edited by AtomicCEO

Best Buy sucks.  They are way over priced and their server hobbles my wrinkled sack.

Always go mom and pop when dealing with installation.  They will work head over heels to make you happy so you don't sue them.

Same with hookers, never get one with a pimp, always an independant contractor

1314071[/snapback]

:D their what?

Oh and my day sucks.  Got passed over yet again for promotion.  Gave it to some non-english speaking mother -internet edited-.

1314074[/snapback]

They probably think that you're the farter. :D

Will you still be eligible for the Faultline?

1314067[/snapback]

well, i'm hoping so... we have one member who's in arizona and another on the waiting list who's out of state who's in colorado...

Oh and my day sucks.  Got passed over yet again for promotion.  Gave it to some non-english speaking mother -internet edited-.

1314074[/snapback]

as;dfja awoij tasngka lsitl

so right about now Darin is at the local watering hole on the patio enjoying his pitcher of beer and a nice fat cheeseburger in 80 plus degree weather.  Boy I really feel sorry for him. 

Rough one there Darin.  :D

1314083[/snapback]

:D I just got some pics on my phone. Don't feel TOO sorry for him.

1314246[/snapback]

:D I am officially drunk.

:D

1314564[/snapback]

yeah i'm done with cali, my friend... the girlfriend really hates it here and i am starting to get annoyed with the sheer amount of people and the fact that i can't afford to live here, even on a very good salary...

fortunately, i should make a good living where ever i go (louisiana, texas) and should have enough expendable income to visit the homeland at least 4 times a year... :D

eventually... sometime in summer probably

1314024[/snapback]

Where to darin? Is that why you are visiting the Phoenix area? You moving here could be trouble... :D

well, i'm hoping so... we have one member who's in arizona and another on the waiting list who's out of state who's in colorado...

as;dfja awoij tasngka lsitl

:D  I am officially drunk.

1314559[/snapback]

Bassturd...

I will be amazed if the gift card thing happens.  I got nothing for being accused of being a thief and having to fight for 3 weeks to have my money refunded.

1313980[/snapback]

NOD!!!!! BIG NOD!!!!

I am really surprised they found a smaller DW! Most manufacturers follow similar guide lines. I reralize the diff was like a half inch, but even still. There are Archy standards, that I know you are aware of! I hope all works out

Where you movin' to?

yeah i'm done with cali, my friend... the girlfriend really hates it here and i am starting to get annoyed with the sheer amount of people and the fact that i can't afford to live here, even on a very good salary...

fortunately, i should make a good living where ever i go (louisiana, texas) and should have enough expendable income to visit the homeland at least 4 times a year... :D

1314569[/snapback]

Move back to Chi! Real mild winter this year and we gots great Pizza, Italian Beef samiches, great Polish, Czech, German, and the best hotdogs in the world!!!

Let me know if that is a consideration! :D

Edited by rocknrobn26

Move  back to Chi!  Real mild winter this year and we gots great Pizza, Italian Beef samiches, great Polish, Czech, German, and the best hotdogs in the world!!!

Let me know if that is a consideration! :D

1314578[/snapback]

BullAthenat robn...:D...darin...come on down Phoenix way! The chicks don't wear much clothing...year 'round!!

:D