[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trying to quit Nicotine

TheGrunt

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished a project... perfect time for a smoke.

Must fight it! (you know, it actually kind of helps to write about it so others can at least somewhat see the pain I'm going through)

:D

1428181[/snapback]

Part of the therapy! Good luck! :D

I've just finished a few Guinness so my emotional side might come out a bit here, but I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of your support. I gotta admit, I was expecting a few more sly remarks or comments suggesting caving in. This is just one more proof The Huddle shows more wisdom and maturity than 'the other' NFL/Tailgating forums--if they are actually out there. :D

Now to celebrate with a good old fashion 'Lucky Strike' for Good Luck! :D Kidding, kidding!!! Although, this alcohal might not be kidding so much... :D

PS - I usually start smoking when I date a woman that smokes. Never again...

1427454[/snapback]

The 'dying monkey' talked to me today about this one too. It said you might as well strike one up because there is always the chance you date a women who smokes... and we all know what'll happen if I do that. Either she stops (highly unlikely) or I strike up! :D

:doah:

Hell in a store

I was just *heh* randomly searching for different cigarette brands on the internet and found what I call 'hell in a store'. But it looks so inviting and peaceful from my view... :D

Then I also found a list of famous people who smoke:

* Humphrey Bogart - American actor who often appeared with a cigarette in his mouth, making bogart a slang verb meaning "holding on to a joint instead of passing it on" among cannabis smokers. He died of esophageal cancer. (Deceased)

* Herman Brusselmans - Belgian author who claims that he smokes 'because he has the talent for it.' According to him, this talent is quite rare. Brusselmans is a heavy smoker of L&M cigarettes.

* Andrew Dice Clay - Raunchy American stand up comic, almost never seen with out a cigarette even sometimes if it unlit due to smoking restrictions.

* Bette Davis - American film actress who was never without a cigarette. She starred in Now, Voyager (1942), which has the famous scene in which Paul Henreid places two cigarettes in his mouth, lights them, and then passes one to Bette Davis. (Deceased)

* James Dean - American actor and icon, who smoked 2 packs of Chesterfield cigarettes a day. (Deceased)

* Johnny Depp - American actor, can often be seen in interviews smoking. On Inside the Actor's Studio he apologized for poisoning himself with the cigarette, and then lit one up.

* Theo van Gogh - Dutch film maker ever-accompanied by a dark french cigarette. (Deceased)

* Bill Hicks - American stand-up comedian, satirist, and social critic, with a reputation suffering from his drug use. In 1988, he quit drugs, falling back to cigarette smoking, a theme that featured heavily in his performances. (Deceased)

* James Hunt - English Formula One driver. Was often seen smoking while not driving. He usually lit a cigarette on the victory podium. (Deceased)

* Joe Jackson - singer. Jackson moved from New York City to England as a result of the city’s smoking ban.

* Denis Leary - a comedian incorporating smoking into his act.

* John Lennon - former Beatle, singer and songwriter. Prototypically portrayed with colored sunglasses and shag. (Deceased)

* Freddie Mercury - former Queen vocalist. His heavy smoking led to a roughening of his voice during the 1980's and changed his vocal quality greatly. (Deceased)

* Edward R. Murrow - a chain smoker, Murrow was seldom seen without a cigarette in hand. A lifetime of heavy smoking took its toll in 1965, when he died of lung cancer. (Deceased)

* Georges Pompidou - former French president, often pictured with a cigarette in his mouth. (Deceased)

* Franklin Delano Roosevelt - 32nd President of the United States, who was featured in photographs smiling with his face turned up and with a cigarette in his mouth (with the cigarette actually not touching his lips, but in a cigarette holder--one of the few people to use one). (Deceased)

* Rod Serling - Often had a cigarette in hand when introducing episodes of the The Twilight Zone. (Deceased)

* Frank Sinatra - Said to have been buried with a pack of Camel cigarettes and a Zippo lighter. Fans noticed his voice became deeper as his smoking gradually affected his health and he died of cancer. (Deceased)

* Hunter S. Thompson - American writer, creator of gonzo journalism and counter-culture icon. Best known for his books Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail 1972. The quintessential image of him includes a cigarette in a cigarette holder/filter. (Deceased)

* Kurt Vonnegut, a Pall Mall smoker, has been quoted as saying that they are "a classy way to commit suicide."

* Super Star Rajinikanth - a stylish smoker, Great Tamil cinema hero who entered into cinema because of his style of smoking. Now he decided to avoid smoking scenes while acting in cinema.

* Bob Dylan - American singer song writer, attributed voice change on his album Nashville Skyline to his quitting smoking, though this is disputed. Seen reading a paper in the 1967 documentry Don't Look Back where he quotes the journalist as saying he "Smokes eighty a day"

* Colin Farrell - Colin James Farrell (born May 31, 1976) is an Irish actor. He is seldom seen off-screen in interviews without a cigarette.

:D Not sure what this has to do with anything, but if they smoke... :D

• 1 year later...
Didn't peruse the entire thread, but my wife - a smoker of 15 years - is doing real well on Chantix. My doctor also highly recommends it. Good luck, y'all.

FYI, Chantix is now being further evaluated by the FDA for suicidal thoughts as well as erratic and aggressive behavior.

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/early_comm/varenicline.htm

on jan 3 im going to quite the COP for the 35th and final time... i did once quite once for a year and another time for 6 months but the hunting season seams to get the best of me.....

been chewing COP since i was 13... so thats 28 freaken years.. WOW... when i started it was 2 cans for 25 cents,,, now its 4 bucks a pop except for when they so kindly send you the coupons for 5 bucks off 10 cans.... :D

My wife is going to try and quit again after the holidays ... hopefully it will stick this time. :D

ETA: She's going to try the patch this time - anyone had results with it?

I used to smoke 2 packs of Marlboro red a day for almost 10 years. I used the patch and I had tremendous success with it. I quit 3 weeks before my first daughter was born. She will be 7 next month and I havent had a Cigarette in her lifetime..

I used to smoke 2 packs of Marlboro red a day for almost 10 years. I used the patch and I had tremendous success with it. I quit 3 weeks before my first daughter was born. She will be 7 next month and I havent had a Cigarette in her lifetime..

in other words, whomper has no class